1.    #1  
    Hello,

I would so much happier if I could view more emails in the Inbox. The Pixi Plus I received two days ago is configured to display only 3 emails at a time. I receive around 30 to 50 emails every day, and I really need to be able to scan who they're from, prioritize, and then respond. It's not easy to prioritize when viewing the inbox in 3 email increments.

Thank you very much for your help!

john
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Which email are you using? Mine is configured using gmail and it allows me to view as many as there are. Pixi btw, not pixi plus.
    Quote Originally Posted by RJRJRJ View Post
    Which email are you using? Mine is configured using gmail and it allows me to view as many as there are. Pixi btw, not pixi plus.
    here too, you can set to show messages received in the
    last day, 3 days, 7 days, 2 weeks, 1 month or all
  4.    #4  
    Thank you, but it's not that the emails are not there; they are there, just down below and I have to scroll and scroll to see them. I can only view three at a time. I would like to be able to see six or seven at a time on the screen.
    Ahhh...your right. I see now. That I don't know, sorry.
    Whats so bad about scrolling up and down? Its a nice smooth process I don't see the problem.
  7.    #7  
    I hope there is a fix as I really like many other aspects of the phone. However, as a heavy business user, taking care of email is my primary concern.
  8.    #8  
    There are currently 171 emails in by Inbox. The oldest one is from Jan 19th. I send/receive 30-50 per day. Viewing these emails in 3s isn't working for me. I agree that the scroll is smooth. It's just not necessary given how much space is being wasted on non-functional aesthetics.
  9.    #9  
    I just polled a couple people I work with, iPhone can view 5 at a time, and HTC Touch Pro can view 8 at a time. The Touch Pro's configuration is what I would want, just name and subject line.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by szfoster View Post
    Thank you, but it's not that the emails are not there; they are there, just down below and I have to scroll and scroll to see them. I can only view three at a time. I would like to be able to see six or seven at a time on the screen.

Ah, I get it now. Mine shows 4 messages at a time. Have you updated to the newest software? I dont know if it makes a difference, but it might. Also, if you havent figured it out yet, you can slide the emails to the left or right to delete them which works pretty fast.
  11.    #11  
    Thank you, I did update to the newest software. And thanks for the slide tip. I actually
    'learned' it last night when I did it by accident.
    easy fix....go buy a Pre, iphone, or a Touch Pro then. You don't have the same aspect ratio screen as the other phones do. So imagine that, you can actually view more emails on a longer screen than you can on a shorter one. Who knew?

Sarcasm aside, you also don't have a conductive screen anymore with pinpoint precision. Programs are made to be finger friendly. If I had my druthers, and maybe you can suggest a patch in homebrew, you'd have the ability to lose one of the three lines, say the one that gives you the beginning of the email. I think the sender and subject are enough. That would probably get you up to 5 on the screen. Any more than that and you'd have a really hard time selecting the right one. Android has an email program called K9 that fit about 13 emails on a landscape screen. Sucked. Kept choosing the wrong one. 10 would be pushing it. But then in portrait it actually had less. Was really dumb and a waste of space.

I show 4 on a screen now. If you have a previous day on the screen it should show 3 because of the line for the previous day. The subject font is bolded on new emails so that also takes up slightly more space. The bottom one is slightly obscured by the new and refresh buttons, but you can still access it, and would look more like what you would get anyway if you could fit more on one screen. So there are variables to 4 and 3 on the screen.

So either suggest it as a patch to decrease font sizes in email titles or make email titles two lines only. Best suggestions I can offer besides saying, "suck it up" since you opted to by a capacative touch finger friendly phone with such a small screen knowing how heavy of an email user you are. The Pre with the larger screen would be the obvious better choice just due to real estate, but then you suffer with the bad keyboard. It's all a tradeoff. I actually mocked up a fuller screen pixi that would've done the trick. Maybe we'll get more screen in the 2nd gen.

And quick edit...the slide to delete is pretty cool. Don't get too slide happy as you'll start deleting email you like and you'll have to go hunting for them to restore. If you homebrew though, there is a confirm to delete patch you can download to make it not as easy to delete.
    Quote Originally Posted by szfoster View Post
    I just polled a couple people I work with, iPhone can view 5 at a time, and HTC Touch Pro can view 8 at a time. The Touch Pro's configuration is what I would want, just name and subject line.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post

And quick edit...the slide to delete is pretty cool. Don't get too slide happy as you'll start deleting email you like and you'll have to go hunting for them to restore. If you homebrew though, there is a confirm to delete patch you can download to make it not as easy to delete.
    Its funny you mention that. I constantly delete the wrong emails and gmail doesnt let you move them back to the inbox from the trash through the "move to" feature. Just yesterday I finally realized I could drag and drop from the trash to the inbox on my PC.
  14.    #14  
    Thank you, Mr. Crogs. I hear you loud and clear. I will point out (to no one in particular) that the Pixi's screen is roughly the same size as a Treo and you can view many more emails at a time on the Treo than a Pixi. My decision to go with the Pixi and not the Pre had nothing to do with price and everything to do with not getting the bad keyboard. I am not sure how to suggest a homebrew/patch, but I will look into it tomorrow. I really would like the smaller font/two lines per email format and would think 6 or 7 emails should fit on the screen w/o running the risk of the inadvertent delete.

Other than this quibble of mine, the phone is strong. The universal search feature is smart. I have noticed that it's taking me longer to figure things out, though I am positive that's not the phone's fault.....
    the treo was not a capacative screen though. It was conductive and worked with the pinpoint precision of a stylus. so you can have tighter rows. You can't do that with a capacative screen. It's the one flaw in that comparison.

And we all have quibbles. I think most of us just see the light at the end of the tunnel with webOS and this form factor.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    szfoster
    I don't know if it would help, but there is a "suggest an app" application. I honestly do not know if it works, or how it works, but I have been enjoying the different suggestions and offering my own. If I knew how to write programs and such for webos, I would start making some of the suggestions on there.

myke