Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So i just got an iPod touch the other day and since that has Wifi on it I was thinking that I could trade my Pre for a Pixi, straight up. My pre has a few blemishes but has a very nice screen and its very precise and responsive. No hardware defects at all. Everything on it works like it should, the form factor gets annoying though and I would rather have a Pixi. The only thing holding me back was lack of Wifi, but that problem has been solved. So do you think this would be a good trade? I have an add on craigslist right now for it...

Palm Pre (Sprint) Trade for Palm Pixi (Sprint)

I don't know where to put this post so i figured this would be a good spot. If any of you are interested and live in my area let me know.

Also are there any issues with the Pixi so far? What should I look out for when looking at this device?
    Prē *********♥
    1Ghz
    Pixi *********♥
    Patched up
    (Gone)
    Now on a Samsung Epic
    *Creator of the best thread on precentral*

RIP

Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Trade it....far better form factor if you are going to be carrying multiple devices. Also seems to far sturdier then the Pre and should last longer in pockets and backpacks, etc. Also with the "lower power" processor you should benefit from slightly better battery life.

I've had mine since the VZW release and no problems yet.
    If you want ANY power and any 3D games or any powerful homebrew, stay on the Pre.
    +1 for the Pre
    He just said he has a iPod Touch.. I think he can survive without the Pre's minimal 3D gaming titles when he can get a much better selection (and screen size to play them on) with the iPod Touch.
    homebrew is much less powerful on the Pixi?
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsamphex View Post
    If you want ANY power and any 3D games or any powerful homebrew, stay on the Pre.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    homebrew is much less powerful on the Pixi?
    No, just 3D gaming..
    sarcasm? Was responding to the powerful homebrew comment.
    oooh, no sarcasm. Sorry. I read it wrong. Thought you were asking a question because you didn't know why homebrew would be considered "less powerful" on Pixi than Pre.
    no...I was being a bit sarcastic there....haha. maybe I should've done instead of
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    if you want a cheap version of the pre well yeah do it
    lol, wow, a lot of sour Pre owners in here. You all are kind of turning out to be just like iPhone fan boys, thinking your device is far superior than anything else ever offered.

Look at his personal situation, try stepping out of the bias box for once in your life.
    Do it. I had a Pre for about 4 months and then had to get it replaced because the volume buttons stopped working. I went through two refurbs with terrible oreo problems and it eventually drove me crazy enough to sell my Pre. I bought a Pixi and absolutely love it. I don't get in to gaming much so not being able to on the Pixi isn't a big deal at all, and if I really want to I can just pull out my iPod Touch. The build quality and form factor of the Pixi is so much better than the Pre and the keyboard is so much more fun to type on. Since you have and iPod Touch I don't think you can go wrong with the Pixi!
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    lol, wow, a lot of sour Pre owners in here. You all are kind of turning out to be just like iPhone fan boys, thinking your device is far superior than anything else ever offered.

Look at his personal situation, try stepping out of the bias box for once in your life.
    LOL.. seriously.. Pixi owners cant afford the extra $50 for the Pre apparently? God forbid somebody buy something other than a pre because they like the size/weight/keyboard or anything like that.

Back on topic... If you can get by without the pre's extra stuff and prefer the form factor of the pixi, go for it. I dont use wifi or play 3D games on my phone so it was an easy choice for me.
    The Pixi form factor TOTALLY rules. I'd get a Pixi in a second over the Pre except (1) the termination fee is way too high so you can upgrade when Palm finally gets it right, and (2) the Pre adds too many extras and standard WebOS resolution not to justify blowing an extra $50 on the Pre. T
    My wife has a pixi, and it is so much nicer to type on...but I don't think I could stomach the smaller screen. But it is sleek and great and has a ton going for it...If they could keep the pixi form factor and thinness, but make it a hair bigger to accomodate the pre screen size (and keep the guts of the pre), I would be in heaven.
    let's see, in my arsenal now I still have my i500, Centro, Treo Pro, and Samsung Moment. Two of which I can sell for about $450 give or take. It's not about money. I returned my Pre after a week because I gave my niece a fisher price phone that was built better. The plastic is cheap, the slider is loose and the whole curved mechanism and recessed keyboard sounds cool from an engineering point of view but just fails in the real world. Not to mention the keyboard itself just blew. Of course that's overblown because I hated webOS for everything it wasn't that PalmOS was. So take that with a grain of salt. I'm sure I could've grown to deal with the desgin and build flaws of the Pre, but it wasn't worth it. I'd still stick with my Moment if the Pre was my only other webOS option, but the Pixi gave me a chance to actually own a small phone again (like my old i500) with a form factor I like a heckuva lot better than a slider. I also could care less about games. I just want to be efficient for when I am using it, and the Pixi form factor is just more efficient. They keyboard is leaps and bounds better than the Pre's, the screen is big enough to do the job (though 16:9 would have been nicer). And I'm just surprised Palm made a phone that thin and that well built.

Both phones have their merits and purpose and will appeal to different people. You purchase the one that you think will best suit your needs. It's a shame that some Pre owners are just a bunch of defensive little fan boys. If they feel so strongly and want to be that petty, why are they "slumming" in the Pixi forum to begin with?
    Quote Originally Posted by RJRJRJ View Post
    LOL.. seriously.. Pixi owners cant afford the extra $50 for the Pre apparently? God forbid somebody buy something other than a pre because they like the size/weight/keyboard or anything like that.

Back on topic... If you can get by without the pre's extra stuff and prefer the form factor of the pixi, go for it. I dont use wifi or play 3D games on my phone so it was an easy choice for me.
    there's definitely some real estate to put the Pre's aspect ratio on the Pixi. The guts aren't anything to sneeze at. In fact it's the same guts as Moto's mid level android phone. And it's already been shown things can run just as smoothly on the Pixi as they can on the Pre. And when the gpu gets opened up a bit, it'll get even snappier.
    Quote Originally Posted by torourke View Post
    My wife has a pixi, and it is so much nicer to type on...but I don't think I could stomach the smaller screen. But it is sleek and great and has a ton going for it...If they could keep the pixi form factor and thinness, but make it a hair bigger to accomodate the pre screen size (and keep the guts of the pre), I would be in heaven.
  19.    #19  
    Thanks for the replies...NM08SRT8 is right, the iPod is a lot better for games, which I never play by the way and would never buy. If i want to game then ill do it on my computer. If I can find someone semi local to trade with then I will do it, I think its a fair trade. The Pre just doesn't click with me.
    Prē *********♥
    1Ghz
    Pixi *********♥
    Patched up
    (Gone)
    Now on a Samsung Epic
    *Creator of the best thread on precentral*

RIP

I have a Pixi, PM me.. Not local, but we can discuss it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast