Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    let's see, in my arsenal now I still have my i500, Centro, Treo Pro, and Samsung Moment. Two of which I can sell for about $450 give or take. It's not about money. I returned my Pre after a week because I gave my niece a fisher price phone that was built better. The plastic is cheap, the slider is loose and the whole curved mechanism and recessed keyboard sounds cool from an engineering point of view but just fails in the real world. Not to mention the keyboard itself just blew. Of course that's overblown because I hated webOS for everything it wasn't that PalmOS was. So take that with a grain of salt. I'm sure I could've grown to deal with the desgin and build flaws of the Pre, but it wasn't worth it. I'd still stick with my Moment if the Pre was my only other webOS option, but the Pixi gave me a chance to actually own a small phone again (like my old i500) with a form factor I like a heckuva lot better than a slider. I also could care less about games. I just want to be efficient for when I am using it, and the Pixi form factor is just more efficient. They keyboard is leaps and bounds better than the Pre's, the screen is big enough to do the job (though 16:9 would have been nicer). And I'm just surprised Palm made a phone that thin and that well built.

Both phones have their merits and purpose and will appeal to different people. You purchase the one that you think will best suit your needs. It's a shame that some Pre owners are just a bunch of defensive little fan boys. If they feel so strongly and want to be that petty, why are they "slumming" in the Pixi forum to begin with?
    Not sure if this is directed at me since you quoted me, but I own a pixi and agree with you.
    Flash is coming to the Pre. I could be wrong but I think the Pixi won't be getting flash.
    don't mind me. Just glossed over it and just now realized you were on the 'right' side...haha
    Quote Originally Posted by RJRJRJ View Post
    Not sure if this is directed at me since you quoted me, but I own a pixi and agree with you.
    I thought flash wouldn't come to the Pixi at the get go. Nothing said it won't have flash period.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyg417 View Post
    Flash is coming to the Pre. I could be wrong but I think the Pixi won't be getting flash.
    No one knows..
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    No, just 3D gaming..
    quake doom vba and more.
    yeah, having those on my phone is just sooo important.
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsamphex View Post
    quake doom vba and more.
    Quote Originally Posted by glamisfanatic View Post
    Should I trade my Pre for a Pixi?
    Hell no! Are you crazy?!
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    quake doom vba and more.
    I cant imagine how any of those games could be even remotely fun to anybody who has ever played an xbox, ps3, psp, wii or even an nes. A friends kid comes over once in a while and always shows me some new game he's got on his phone..."check out this new game I got. Its call of duty...well, not actual call of duty but its just like it. Do you wanna try it?" So I have to play it for a few minutes to make him happy. Horrible. If you just want a game to kill time in waiting rooms, asteroids or brickbreaker are as good as anything else. This is not a pre bash, im just saying that just because something can do something doesnt make it good.
    quake doom vba and more.
    Available for the Pixi? No.. try again.
    Quote Originally Posted by RJRJRJ View Post
    I cant imagine how any of those games could be even remotely fun to anybody who has ever played an xbox, ps3, psp, wii or even an nes. A friends kid comes over once in a while and always shows me some new game he's got on his phone..."check out this new game I got. Its call of duty...well, not actual call of duty but its just like it. Do you wanna try it?" So I have to play it for a few minutes to make him happy. Horrible. If you just want a game to kill time in waiting rooms, asteroids or brickbreaker are as good as anything else. This is not a pre bash, im just saying that just because something can do something doesnt make it good.
    My thoughts exactly.. Who actually spends countless hours playing these kinds of games like you would on a console system. Do you really think anyone with a life is going to actually beat NFSU? Or.. Doom? etc etc.

Again, if I were to ever invest in any kinds of games like this, they would be on a iPhone or iPod touch. Games + Screen Real estate = better experience
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    This is a personal preference. I made the switch from the Pre to the Pixi Plus after 6 months and I am much happier with the Pixi Plus. The Pre was fun when I first got it, but after a while the slider and the rediculous keyboard started driving me crazy. I found the Pixi to be much better for me.

Big things I like about the Pixi Plus over the Pre:

- form factor -- not slider (now I use the keyboard as much as I can)
    - much better keyboard
    - higher quality build
    - significantly better battery life

Little things I like about the Pixi Plus:

- much thinner
    - compact size -- people are really impressed to see how much such a small phone can do
    - the USB door is very elegant compared to the cheap Pre flap
    - rubberized back
    - ease of back removal
    - the LED is more elgant than the white button on the Pre

Things I wish I didn't have to give up to go with the Pixi Plus:

- screen size
    -> the Pre screen was already too small
    -> the Pixi size is even more challenged with things like Google Maps
    -> I don't care about games, but some apps will not work -- for example no RPN calculator
    - I wish the Pixi Plus had the same memory as the Pre Plus
    - camera -- the Pixi picture quality is pretty bad

I was afraid that the Pixi Plus would be a lot slower than the Pre, but they are about equally slow. I can't wait for OS 1.4 or 1.5 or whatever it is that fixes the lag.
    Get the Pixi. I had the Pre, very disappointed.
    yeah, having those on my phone is just sooo important.
    *snicker* I don't even know what to say. You hit it on the head! (though I won't deny it would be fun!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Llama View Post
    *snicker* I don't even know what to say. You hit it on the head! (though I won't deny it would be fun!)
    Troll boy, please leave.. Especially so I don't have to see your avatar anymore.
    Last edited by NM08SRT8; 02/05/2010 at 04:48 PM.
    wasn't he agreeing with me?

I remember having my zodiac and playing some driving game I thought it was cool. It lasted about a month and I never touched it again. The cool factor of being able to do something wears off quickly. Then it's back to what I do daily.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    wasn't he agreeing with me?

I remember having my zodiac and playing some driving game I thought it was cool. It lasted about a month and I never touched it again. The cool factor of being able to do something wears off quickly. Then it's back to what I do daily.
    As is par for the course, I agree with you. For the most part, I think the main stream thoughts and my own are one. Even when Chud pushed too hard, I still basically agreed with him. Same thing with the guy 2 posts up, I have not disagreed with him either. He just doesn't like me because I believe that being nice is a good thing

Back to the point, 3D gaming should not be the main reason for one to chose a phone. The Pre has some nice bells and whistles and it has more app support than the Pixi. Developers are working on software for the Pre more so than the Pixi.

That said, I find the Pixi more comfortable to use. With the apps and patches I have (and there are many for the Pixi) this phone is one of the, if not the most useful, enjoyable, comfortable, and easy to navigate phones I have ever owned.

If you want to decide if you should change from Pre to Pixi, think about this: How do I use my Pre? Can the Pixi do the same? If not, do I NEED that function to enjoy my phone?

Honestly, if the Pixi does what you want, and you prefer the size/form of the Pixi, I say trade it. If not, stay with the Pre. If you keep your old Pre, you could just switch back, right?

Myke
    Obviously the pre is the original. But if you want a smaller phone that you will easily forget is in your pocket. Get the pixi!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12