1.    #1  
    i just got my pixi this weekend and love it! i upgraded from a centro so want to know how to do a few things my centro could do that i still can't figure out: how can you change the alert tone for text messages? how can you change the color scheme on the phone? the centro had a slew of smileys in the text messages that you just click to add to the message...is this an option on the pixi and if so where? any help would be greatly appreciated! thanks!
    There are patches for all the things you want to do. A good place to start is here:http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...s-section.html
    Good luck with your new Pixi, and welcome to The #1 Palm Pre and Pixi Discussion Forum on the Net! :-) 8-)
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Also if you install Preware you will have access to Themes which are even better than color schemes.

And if you press the sym button and scroll down there are a few smilies provided, though I believe patches open up alot more options.
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    There are patches for all the things you want to do. A good place to start is here:http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...s-section.html
    Good luck with your new Pixi, and welcome to The #1 Palm Pre and Pixi Discussion Forum on the Net! :-) 8-)
    And if you have any issues while doing any of this, just ask. Best suggestion is to keep track of how far you are and where you are stuck. That way you can just say something like,
    "I am trying to get preware on the phone using quick install, but quick install can't find my phone. I did XXX and XXXX like it says, but I still can't seem to get this."

Myke
    PS. I thanked you, Vza for posting that link.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Llama View Post
    And if you have any issues while doing any of this, just ask. Best suggestion is to keep track of how far you are and where you are stuck. That way you can just say something like,
    "I am trying to get preware on the phone using quick install, but quick install can't find my phone. I did XXX and XXXX like it says, but I still can't seem to get this."

Myke
    PS. I thanked you, Vza for posting that link.
    That's very good advice. Some people don't know how to broach a question as we've experienced recently. lol
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  6.    #6  
    ok i'm a little nervous about doing the quick install and preware, isn't there a possibility of viruses? all the talk about this is not palm supported do it at your own risk...has anyone had any problems?
    Quote Originally Posted by shontemaxey View Post
    ok i'm a little nervous about doing the quick install and preware, isn't there a possibility of viruses? all the talk about this is not palm supported do it at your own risk...has anyone had any problems?
    Don't worry about it. Let's say something does go wrong, you either do a full erase or run webOS doctor and your back in business. Seriously, once you start you'll see it's not as bad as it sounds. It's fairly easy.
    When someone says "do it at your own risk", it goes for anything. You are installing software and if something goes wrong they just don't want you saying well so and so told me to do so now you have to pay for my phone. It can be as simple as throw your phone up and catch it at your own risk don't blame me if you drop it. You'll be fine.