Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by onduvalst View Post
    The first to answers were awfully harsh. Sorry to have bothered ya'll. Instead of helping you attacked me like a bunch of Palm fan boys. Don't blame Palm it's all insert other company here. Thanks that was really productive.
    I think what makes folks a little testy is that most of the questions could have been pretty easily answered with a search. It's considered polite to try a search first before posting a question (tip: use "Advanced" search and select "Titles only"). Posting a question that's been answered dozens of times before clutters up the forum and makes it more difficult for others to find answers.
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    it's the third listing when you Google "Palm Pre."
    Right, and like I said, I was researching car parts! lol If I had not found this while researching car parts, I might not have found this site until AFTER my purchase.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Llama View Post
    If it was only so easy. I found this site by accident. I was doing a websearch for a car part...
    Me too! The car part was a "Visor" ;D
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Adapt and adjust.. If you want features like on the Instinct, Keep the instinct. There, problem solved. Buying into a new operating system, and phone.. you will leave some features from your last phone behind, and will gain some new features with the new device. You'll find the Pixi (and webOS in general) will give you and offer you way more than the Instinct could ever give you. Once you adapt to the new OS and adjust your habits to suit the Pixi more, you will enjoy the phone more.
    very true that when you buy a new phone, there will be some different options and actions. With the Pre and Pixi, there is an amount of alteration you can do with patches to make the phone more "comfortable" for you.

I think we have all bought a new car before, and when you compair your new car to your old one, there are things you notice, or were just used to. After driving around in the new car for a while it becomes second nature. Give it time, and you will never miss the old model. I will never go back to a bb or iphone.

my 0.02
    Myke
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Llama View Post
    Right, and like I said, I was researching car parts! lol If I had not found this while researching car parts, I might not have found this site until AFTER my purchase.
    but my point is people SHOULD, even though they always don't, research a purchase such as this.

i mean seriously, i was researching dumb phones for my parents prior to purchasing them. and guess what? no surprises once they arrived.

same with my Pre and Piki. i can rub people the wrong way on here, but of my thousand or so posts, i can guarantee you won't find any crying about the phones. i wonder why?
    Chud, I would guess that you rub people the wrong way because you are young, or act like you are young. I assume you are distastful because you do not know better.

One thing that you will learn in time is that people complain when they are upset. Being a jerk to then is not conducive.

I think everyone will agree that a larger community of Palm users is better for us for may resons, like more apps and developers. If you **** off every person who comes here and complains, you are screwing us all.

off my soap box, and done with this convo. Sick of the flame war.

Myke
    Typical.

Someone passive aggressively makes scathing comments and then finishes it up with "im done with this conversation" so that they feel like they have won something when there's nothing to win.

My age is relative. I'm young, but I'm not a teen. Consider me young at heart.

Distasteful because I don't know better? Right, that's why I'm totally aware that I offend some people. I know good and well that people will get offended at times.

A larger community, as far as sales go, is better, but not a larger community of overly vocal ignorant people who slam Palm or their products every chance they get just because those people didn't take the time to do their own homework. Or because those people are constantly expecting retribution for something that they don't deserve in the first place. If one were to look at the Palm fansite they would see what I'm talking about. Palm can put up a post, "What are your weekend plans?" and it will be full of people complaining that they don't get a free Plus upgrade, or moaning about Flash, etc etc etc.

People that come here to complain don't bother me if they have a valid complaint. It's the ones like the original poster who straight up said, "yeah, I was looking here before I bought my phone but didnt look into the functionality. I just looked at hardware failure related posts, lololololoolllol" and then makes this post complaining about what she admittedly didn't look into. Oh really? Let me welcome you with open and loving arms Ms. Lazy Complainer.

So really, the ones who make a knee jerk purchase and then complain about the phone, or return the phone, or exchange the phone 7 times are the ones who are "screwing us all."

building a taller soapbox and sticking with this convo. Sick of the complaining about complaining.
    haha...and I get chastized for my pointed monologues
    Wow! this is still going on? The issue was resolved on page one. Let's move on.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    I said I was done with the flame war and this convo about the poor attitudes on this forum, chud. Please read again.
    and you just responded again.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    first off evil was def right yall need to calm the f down for real. Regardless if is sounded like crying bitc___ or whatever yall need to help out people who are in need of help if there new, not be a nut. youview works very well i use it all the time, there was a couple of updates to make it work. hiding the sprint apps is the best you can do, taking up space I doubt it, because they use very minimal KBs. In the future if you have anymore questions, and since this is a forum board to ask questions, ask them and ignore the nuts on here (the first post, the second was not rude at all to me) If any who was rude has a problem with that ill be glad to talk to you real talk.
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    and you just responded again.
    lol, as we all knew he would.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iancarr27 View Post
    first off evil was def right yall need to calm the f down for real. Regardless if is sounded like crying bitc___ or whatever yall need to help out people who are in need of help if there new, not be a nut. youview works very well i use it all the time, there was a couple of updates to make it work. hiding the sprint apps is the best you can do, taking up space I doubt it, because they use very minimal KBs. In the future if you have anymore questions, and since this is a forum board to ask questions, ask them and ignore the nuts on here (the first post, the second was not rude at all to me) If any who was rude has a problem with that ill be glad to talk to you real talk.
    The only help I perceived the OP needed was to move on and stop complaining about the phone [s]he couldn't adapt to. I think we gave the OP that help and [s]he seems to have taken it. The rest of this (including me now) is just "talking about talking".
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    right so lets move on and stop talking.
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    lol, as we all knew he would.
    We should move this topic to "Off topic."
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12