Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    I've had my Pixi Plus since the VZW release and no physical problems. MMS was an issue til it was discovered that you have to turn off Wi-Fi. GPS works fine, unlike the Pre Plus. Daily battery testing has been completed and should be able to sail through 12 hour work days with moderate use without a problem. Preware also only seems to work through EVDO and not Wi-Fi. I've opened 15 cards with no error, but in practical use I only have messaging, email, battery monitor and Internet open on any routine basis. It could use more power, but I would prefer battery life over power as I'm not a power user and my day won't end if my phone dies, that's what the work BB is for.
    I have no problems with my Pixi so far. It did have a charging issue but a restart fixed it. Now the only problems I have is with preware and all that good stuff.
    Any issues with the Pixi developing hairline cracks? Seems to be a major problem for Pre and Pre+ owners, especially by the USB door.

Would love to hear about this from Pixi owners.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    Any issues with the Pixi developing hairline cracks? Seems to be a major problem for Pre and Pre+ owners, especially by the USB door.

Would love to hear about this from Pixi owners.
    I sure don't and haven't heard of any
    where would it? the hard flexible rubber back? or the completely flat, non moving face area? even the usb door is just hard rubber.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Girlfriend just got the Pixi last week. Very cool phone, but it is slow. Too many card error comes up with one card up. I realize that it has a slower processor then the Pre, but one card is pretty sad. Palm needs to step it up soon imho...
    well that is far from the norm. If it were, don't you think there'd be a ton of complaints? I've run nav and searched the web while checking email. I keep cards to a minimum just because, but I never have a problem with four or five cards open at a time. Usually email, messaging, sudoku or reversi and a webpage of some sort.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    I've had my Pixi since Wednesday, Feb. 3rd. Definitely in love. I came from an LG EnV 2, so this is just mind-blowing to me. It is a bit laggy at times, especially with some websites, but so is my laptop, so I'm not surprised. I got a too-many-cards just once, with two cards open, but it was an info-heavy site with a flash video on it, so again, not surprised. Other than that, it's amazing. Best. Phone. Ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfield n Odie View Post
    I've had my Pixi since Wednesday, Feb. 3rd. Definitely in love. I came from an LG EnV 2, so this is just mind-blowing to me. It is a bit laggy at times, especially with some websites, but so is my laptop, so I'm not surprised. I got a too-many-cards just once, with two cards open, but it was an info-heavy site with a flash video on it, so again, not surprised. Other than that, it's amazing. Best. Phone. Ever.
    Welcome to the madness! Next step, update WebOS (on the handset) and install your Preware!

Welcome, and have fun!
    Myke

PS. To the person who is having the "rubber" issue is... I am still unsure of how to duplicate what you explained... Maybe you got rubbing alcohol or acetone on it and dried it out?
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Llama View Post
    Welcome to the madness! Next step, update WebOS (on the handset) and install your Preware!

Welcome, and have fun!
    Myke
    Thanks!

Update: Last night, my Yahoo account decided that I didn't actually have anything in the inbox, in spite of the fact that manually checking the account online showed several messages had shown up that day. Today it is getting messages normally, but still not showing the ones from yesterday. Probably a removal of the account from the phone then re-syncing it would fix that problem if I cared enough, but since all I get is spam... Oh well.

Also, is the Pixi TOO light? Yes, it is a ridiculous question, except it came out of my pocket without my noticing and is no longer the pristine perfection that came out of the box. I feel pretty dumb about that, but everything still works.

No real issues other than my clumsiness!
    I just got mine yesterday. Wife and I both were due for upgrades from our Centro's. We both went with the Pixi and she's having no problems. The only thing that I have found is that I can't log into Yahoo Messenger through the messenger app. I can do AOL and text fine, but when I try Yahoo it says "Sign in Failed. Try again". I can sign into all versions of the website, just not Messenger, for whatever reason.
    I've had my Pixi for just shy of 2 months and still love it. I haven't had any real issues with it. The thing still seems pretty solid. The charging door seemed flimsy at first, but it hasn't fallen off yet..nor does it really look like it will soon...knock on wood.

Sometimes the Pixi seems like its running slower than normal. When that happens I do a "opt sym r" restart and it speeds back up. Usually do this 1 to 3 times a week.

I came from a Treo 650 (I like to keep phones way too long) and my only major complaint with the Pixi is that Palm didn't make web os compatible with my old apps from the Treo. There are a few apps that I need for work so I still carry my Treo around just for that. Haven't tried "classic" yet, but probably will do that some day.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    I've only had mine a week now, but no 'too many cards' for me yet. In fact, to try and get the error, I opened 20 cards last night (not just calc, but REAL apps-- Google Maps, Sprint Nav, browsers, etc) and didn't get the error. I stopped there, simply because I had ***** to do.

OT1: To the guy with the 'Two Fish' Artist Series back.. is that rubberized like the std. pixi back? Or hard plastic? Any place you can pick those up for less than $50?

OT2: Anybody feel a need to defend their manhood when someone asks what phone you have, and you say "Pixi"? I think the name is the only thing about this phone that I don't like so far. Sometimes I deepen my voice a little bit when I say it.
    I also love the pixi, its great...and yes, I'm still on my first after 3 weeks...

Only problems are:

More apps=more fun
    Could be a TAD bit quicker sometimes
    Maybe some way to picture dial someone quickly?

...anyway, also looking out for 1.4!
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    My Pixi has a lot of "oreo effect"
    LOL +infinity. I actually laughed out loud hahahaha
    my issue isnt so much a hardware one but i've had my pixi for about 3 months and the magnet on the charging port actually fell out so now it doesnt close. anyone else experience this?
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    My son's Pixi's earpiece stopped working, and one of the keyboard backlight LED's would only light if he pushed the space bar. He still had the protective film on it (good boy!). We took it to a Sprint repair center, after 30 mins they said it had to be replaced. The refurb phone was defective, so they gave him a new Pixi (but not the back or the battery..)
    I got my pixi on tuesday and have had 2 major issues. My exchange won't sync my contacts or calendar, and my music player freezes along with the phone if i put around 20+ songs on it. Can anyone help if possible. By the end of the month if these issues aren't fixed i'm trading mine for the samsung moment.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12