1.    #1  
    This is my first thread here since purchasing my phone 1 week ago at Verizon.

I was surprised that there was a lack of PIM features on the WebOS phones, since Palm is usually top-notch in this area. My wishlist is:
    #1 for an Official App that puts calandar items of that day on the home screen.
    #2 for the phone not to lag exactly at the time when I am trying to show it to someone and tell them how awesome Palm's new phone is!
    #3 confirmation before deleting emails, because I've had so much fun "swiping off" email that I've deleted the wrong ones and had to recover it (lolllll I am a dork)

Questions:
    1) Is there a way to delete all texts at the same time?

2) Is there a way to remove the "conversation" texts mode? or at least have it not link a conversation from 3 days ago to the new one.

3) Does anyone know why Yahoo IM was removed on the VZW Plus? (I am just curious)

I am a huge Palm fan and so far I have learned so much from this forum. Thank you everyone.

PalmOS: Zire71, Clie NX70V, LifeDrive, T|X
    WebOS: VZW Pixi Plus, now VZW PRE 2

On the main msg screen, you can swipe the persons name to delete the msgs from/to them. Starts you with a fresh convo. I do not know of any way to delete all.

Msgs from 3 days ago might show up, but they should be broken up by days (IE "LAST WEEK" or "YESTERDAY")

Maybe there is a patch to alter the style of msgs. I don't know of one of the top of my head.

RE: yahoo.... search the forum. I remember reading something about this, but I can't remember much about it. (I am on Sprint) There was a full write up on the VZ phones and a paragraph or two about the yahoo thing.

Wish I had more info for you.
    Myke
    Quote Originally Posted by garnetlove View Post
    #3 confirmation before deleting emails, because I've had so much fun "swiping off" email that I've deleted the wrong ones and had to recover it (lolllll I am a dork)
    There is a patch in preware for email confirmations before deleting.....
    "The union forces me to allow you to go to lunch in spite of the way you've played. Those of you with consciences will not be able to eat. And those of you whose consciences match your talents... go stuff yourselves. I hope you choke".....Maestro, The Money Pit
    I have a question about the lag you are experiencing, all my apps open in about a second or less, while not instant, it's fine by my standards. Another thing, because you can mutitask with your Pre, simply leave open the applicaton cards that you use most often, that way it's faster to access them.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Llama View Post
    Msgs from 3 days ago might show up, but they should be broken up by days (IE "LAST WEEK" or "YESTERDAY")
    It is broken up by days on the main message screen but when you enter a new conversation, the old messages show within that conversation, unless the whole previous conversation was deleted. I guess I'll have to delete them to get what I want.

Quote Originally Posted by vbockius View Post
    There is a patch in preware for email confirmations before deleting.....
    I have not explored the homebrew thing since I'm nervous about ruining my new phone, but that's where all the fun seems to be.

Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    I have a question about the lag you are experiencing, all my apps open in about a second or less, while not instant, it's fine by my standards. Another thing, because you can mutitask with your Pre, simply leave open the applicaton cards that you use most often, that way it's faster to access them.
    Usually I have no lag at all but it just so happened that I was showing off my phone to my folks at dinner, including my cousin that moved from treo-> iphone and I had horrible lagging, especially in the Photos app and with moving the screen landscape and back to vertical. This was all after I had used google maps to get to the restaurant, but I closed that app a few minutes before; no idea if gmaps had anything to do with it.

Another question, I am wondering if it's the same for everyone = in the Photos app do picutres show up as blurry for 2-3 seconds then it becomes clear? Mine is more than 1 second so it is noticable.

photos do take time to load. Don't know why that's shocking.

the PIM you just have to deal with. Palm, like Android is in bed with google which means the PIM is very dumbed down. Why they would go backwards, I have no idea outside of a complete lack of foresight and effort on their part.

To get back some of the functionality you've been accustomed to with PalmOS and other smartphones, Homebrew will be your only savior. The worst thing you could possibly have to do is factory reset via webdoctor.

the iphone wasn't stellar when it came out, and I think webOS, after six mnths or so, is much farther along than the iphone was at six months. To me, the PIM is the only major flaw in the OS. The other things seem like typical growing pains of a new OS.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    photos do take time to load. Don't know why that's shocking.
    It's surprising since much less powerful phones, like my former LG that was not even a smartphone, handle photos faster.