Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So I don't know what's going on, but all the sudden now when someone calls my wife's pixi, she can hear them speaking and talking before she ever answers the phone. It's really weird. Say her friend Sherry calls her. Well while the phone is still ringing and before the ever hits the answer button, she can hear whatever is being said by sherry on the other end. We tested it with my pre and I can't hear her end, but she can hear my end. Anyone else had this extremely strange phenomenon?

Good thing it's still under 30 days so we can hopefully take it back to the store and switch out for a new one.
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Switch it out?? That is such an awesome feature -- call screening!
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
    Have not had a problem like that but I too would like it.
    yeah, I would love to have that feature lol

However most software problems can be fixed with running web os doctor, if you do plan on returning it for a new one, try running the web os doctor if everything else is working flawlessly.
    Treo 700wx > Treo 755p > Treo 800w > IPhone 3g > Treo Pro > Palm Pre
    Does she pick it up from a touchstone? If so she might be automatically answering it as she picks it up, and the "answer" button is just lagging
    I have that problem too. what is Web os doctor? how can i get this to the people at palm? its really annoying when your in class.
    My pixi does this when I am listening to music and the phone is on vibrate. I seems as if the phone turns off the music but doesn't close the audio channel. So the incoming voice flows right through.

There is no way I am giving it back. This is just too awesome. Though now I am conscious about what I say before someone has picked up.
    I know that's not how it's supposed to work, but that sounds amazing lol. Best call screening tech ever haha...
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kwsmith2 View Post
    My pixi does this when I am listening to music and the phone is on vibrate. I seems as if the phone turns off the music but doesn't close the audio channel. So the incoming voice flows right through.

There is no way I am giving it back. This is just too awesome. Though now I am conscious about what I say before someone has picked up.
    we need to test this out!
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    This is crazy, I had the same thing happen to me yesterday. I heard a voice coming from my phone, and it was my friend leaving me a voicemail. I heard the whole thing through the speaker of my phone.
    I see dead people.
    Psyxi. Sell it on eBay.
    I need that. Lol
    Cool thread. Cool technology!

Let's try to break this down...for those of you who got this Pixi, where in the US did you get it/order it and/or what place did you get it?

And, did anyone do anything special to your Pixi, like install Preware?
    I've heard of this happening on other Sprint phones as well over in the SprintUsers forums.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    My wifes pixi is doing the samething except the person on the other end can hear her end also. The phone is literally answering itself. My wife has about had it with the pixi unfortunately just wants to go back to a basic phone. To many quirks for her.
    Off topic but jlcamp....best....avatar...EVA! Lol. Ok...back on topic continue
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    OK my palm pre just did this but instead it was a voicemail.......... someone called me I missed it they called right back and I missed it again .... and then I get a text from youmail that I have a new voicemail and its 32sec so I listen to it and its the phone ringing and I can hear my GF on the other end waiting for me to answer while she talked to her co-worker!!! this is awesome if we can control it some how!!!
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    bump
    My daughter had a Pixie Plus from Verizon and she was hearing people answer before hearing the ringing. Traded for a Pre Plus and no problems.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast