Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    is any one else having this problem? The edges of my back cover are warping slightly away from the edges of my pixi's body. Specificly the top left corner near the power button, and the lower right side where the rubber flips awat for the USB charger to plug in. It's not becoming a major issue yet, just bothers me cuz it's not all spiffy and new looking. Can sprint give me a new back? Or do I need to buy one? Maybe this is a question for sprint, not pre-central... lol
    Are you sure it's clipped on properly? If it is, it shouldn't peel away from the sides. Press on the edge of the phone with your thumb and use your index finger to run up the back of the case up the side to feel the clip engage. When it's fully clipped in the edges are secure against the edge of the phone.
    Yeah, sounds to me like it just isn't on right
  4.    #4  
    have tried that multiple times. Arrg. Thanks for the input folks, hopefully I figure out what's goin on =/
    Take it back to the store. If it's on right and it still doesn't fit then it's defect
    I see some display models doing this. The one at my local store was doing this, I was trying to fiddle with it but didn't mess with it much.

Just go to a repair center and they'll give you a new battery door. OOOOR, this could be your excuse to get a new colored one or artist series.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    I see some display models doing this. The one at my local store was doing this, I was trying to fiddle with it but didn't mess with it much.

Just go to a repair center and they'll give you a new battery door. OOOOR, this could be your excuse to get a new colored one or artist series.
    now THAT idea I like! =D and the colored/artist series come ready for touchstone don't they? Hmmmm...
    Mine's starting to get just a little bit loos up near the power button. I'm going to watch it for a little while but if it starts to pull away any worse I'll see if I can exchange my cover as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by PJosh23 View Post
    now THAT idea I like! =D and the colored/artist series come ready for touchstone don't they? Hmmmm...
    Yes sir they do
    Both of my Pixi's started doing this. I didn't have a reseller store around here so I called Palm support and got them replaced.

I have a thread about it in this forum. I think this will continue to become extremely common.
    Yep. It's a known issue with the phone. Bring it on in to your Sprint Store and we'll swap the back out for you.
    thanks for the info, started to happen near the usb door on the girls pixi....
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    mine did this exact same thing but the people at Sprint will NOT switch it out for me. They said I would have to get a refurb. I'm not getting a refurb for the back cover. This is BS.
    Yea, it happened to me too. It got so bad, that today i just bought the touchstone back. Problem solved :3
    LG Rumor -> HTC Touch -> Palm Pixi -> Palm Pre+ (if they ever bring it to Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by blankiek View Post
    mine did this exact same thing but the people at Sprint will NOT switch it out for me. They said I would have to get a refurb. I'm not getting a refurb for the back cover. This is BS.
    Wow. That's BAD. I read your response aloud to my other technician sitting next to me and his jaw dropped. I've swapped about five or so back covers since the launch. It's not something we see TOO often, but it's known. Maybe they just want you to purchase a touchstone back or something..

I'm sorry on Sprint's behalf..
    Quote Originally Posted by blankiek View Post
    Call Palm support. You have a 1 year manufacturer's warranty. It's just easier for most to go in to the Palm store to get this fixed.
    mine is doing it...looks like **** too
    Add another "Palm beta tester" to the mix...
    Mine started to do this and a little super glue fixed it. Just be sure to take the back off the phone before gluing it though. Next time it happens I'll probably just call Palm.
    My pixi was doing this and it really helped to remove the entire back cover and "shape it" with my hands (like press in where the USB plugs in or where ever it's warping) when I put it back on it's normal again.

PalmOS: Zire71, Clie NX70V, LifeDrive, T|X
    WebOS: VZW Pixi Plus, now VZW PRE 2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast