Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    I just got a new pixi pro from verizon and when i try to install a patch i get an error...

it says something like ERROR: cant find /var/bin/usr
    i'm assuming you mean pixi plus, not pixi pro :-)
    I'm not exactly sure what that error means - try a forum search to see what comes up, or perhaps a more educated webos-er will respond.
    Do you have your phone in developer mode? If not, you need to be to install patches. If you already are, try restarting it and do a battery pull. Sometimes that's all you need.
    that'd be my one question, did you follow the steps to enable home brew? I also had success using preware instead of the quick install for some patches like the alarm frequency one. Really makes that clock full featured.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Ya i put it in developer mode...i can install preware but not patches its wierd...also ya it is a pixi plus not pro...sorry
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I'm very new (got my Pixi Plus yesterday) but from what I read, most are designed for the Pre and will not work on the Pixi. Not all, most. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
    The only patch I tried that hasn't worked on my pixi is the led flashlight. Other than that every patch I've tried has worked. Exactly what patch are you trying to install?
    The error that was described in the beginning makes me want to ask 2 question:

1) What version of webOS are you running?

2) What is the full error? (It almost sounds like you are using two incompatible patches.)