Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Greetings -

I hate to be the guy who registers and starts a new thread, but I couldn't find an answer to my question via browsing and searches. I saw several threads about general battery life issues, but none of the posts seemed to pertain to my specific question(s). My apologies if it exists and I missed it.

My wife has a Pixi. She has been mostly happy with it, but has been disappointed in the battery life. We read lots of reviews and forum posts before buying and knew that this might be an issue, but I have been genuinely surprised at how fast the battery drains even on days where she barely uses it. She charges it overnight, and it is often dead or on death's door by 9 or 10 at night.

I was logged on to the Sprint website the other day looking at our usage both for the most recent bill, and the time since the bill. The data usage for her account seems extremely high. What I mean by that is that I don't think she even knows how to use the browser on it, nor does she use any streaming apps of any kind. She pretty much uses it to check email, send a small number of emails, and make a few phone calls. I on the other hand, have a Hero, and am a very active data user. I do a lot of mobile browsing and a fair amount of music streaming in addition to email. Hypothetically speaking, I might even tether for a half hour or two when I need to.

The data usage on her Pixi is consistently anywhere between 50% and 100% higher than on the Hero. I'm just having a tough time making that make sense in my head. What is this phone doing that requires so much data transmission? We're on an unlimited plan so I'm not concerned so much about the amount of data, I'm just wondering what I can do that might improve the battery drain situation.

Thanks,
    dave
    WebOS phones are almost constantly using data. Checking mail servers for new mail, backing up data, syncing data, etc. You can change the interval of how often the phone checks for new email in the email app. Also, if she is in a poor service area, battery life will drop like a brick.
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    WebOS phones are almost constantly using data. Checking mail servers for new mail, backing up data, syncing data, etc. You can change the interval of how often the phone checks for new email in the email app. Also, if she is in a poor service area, battery life will drop like a brick.
    Can you also adjust how often it 'syncs' for contacts/backup. I'm almost ready to pull the trigger on the pixi. I thought I had decided against it last week. However after getting more hands on time today.. its a strong possibility. Its pretty much down to pixi or BB 8530. The battery is a bit of a concern for me as I'm out most of the day and work until 9pm. Any info you can share is welcome.
    Make sure she switches to WiFi any time she can to use the free data of internet instead of the cell data.

Still kills the heck out of battery life...
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    Can you also adjust how often it 'syncs' for contacts/backup?