1.    #1  
    So I've had the phone for exactly 2 weeks today and it was acting weird at first this morning. I didn't have any cards open and whenever i tried to open anything i kept getting the too many cards error so i couldn't do anything so I rebooted the phone and now it won't even come back on, and yes the battery was basically full when it happened.
    What's it do when you let it charge with a wall charger?
    - Have you tried taking out the battery for 10 minutes, then putting it back in?
    - Try getting it into Recovery Mode. Take out battery, hold down the up volume rocker, insert the recharging cord, insert battery. It should show a white icon on the screen. From here you can doctor it and get it back to health.

But it sounds like you are one of the lucky few who got a phone that would burn it self out (just like Dieter was lucky with it Pre). My best solution.... Take it back and get a new one. They should replace it, no questions asked.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
  4.    #4  
    Ok I'll try that Rennat, and it does nothing when its plugged into the wall charger.
  5.    #5  
    Ok, tried the reset but nothing...guess I have to make a trip to best buy now ><. Now do I need to take everything back to the store with me (box,charger, etc) or just the phone itself? I was planning on getting some rest today lol.
    Take everything back just incase. I know Sprint said that they would charge a restocking fee if you keep accessories.
    Last edited by lopezpm; 01/29/2010 at 09:03 AM. Reason: who added those dumb tags?
  7.    #7  
    Just got back, at bestbuy all they did was exchange the handset itself they didnt want the box or anything. They didnt give me any problems at all so im back in action now, lol. I was just about to sign up for the bestbuy insurance plan today before this happened, but there insurance is pretty good i'd say, $6.99 a month and no deductable if you lose or break your phone unlike sprints $100 deductable.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    You should swap the boxes as the esn on the phone and the box need to match, if you ever need to exchange or return, again.
  9.    #9  
    No I had the box and everything with me, he said to keep it because all they need is the phone.
  10.    #10  
    I'm thinking there was something else wrong with the other pixi also, I could only have maybe 2-3 cards open before i got the too many cards error. Now I have 13 cards open and no error yet.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Sounds like the sales man didn't want to do the paper work.

Did they at least write up a new receipt for the exchange?
  12.    #12  
    Yeah he gave me new paperwork for the phone, but with all the cell phone carriers I've been with you never needed the box or accessories to swap for a new phone. They always say keep everything including the battery, all they need is the core phone. This was my first time exchanging a phone since i've been with sprint so I wasn't sure how they do it, but they do it the same as all the others i see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancerz View Post
    Yeah he gave me new paperwork for the phone, but with all the cell phone carriers I've been with you never needed the box or accessories to swap for a new phone. They always say keep everything including the battery, all they need is the core phone. This was my first time exchanging a phone since i've been with sprint so I wasn't sure how they do it, but they do it the same as all the others i see.
    The first time I exchanged my Pixi they let me keep everything, except for the battery which was left in the old phone. I should have asked for it. The second time I had to bring in the box. But anyway, who cares, it went well for you. Good luck with it.
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lopezpm View Post
    The first time I exchanged my Pixi they let me keep everything, except for the battery which was left in the old phone. I should have asked for it. The second time I had to bring in the box. But anyway, who cares, it went well for you. Good luck with it.
    Why 2 exchanges? What was wrong?
    the first one had a bad earpiece and the second one had 5-7 dead pixels, was having problems with updates, and was just laggy. The one I have now works just fine. No dead pixels and no lag at all.
  16.    #16  
    I've had a centro, 700wx, then a treo pro over the past 4-5 years and I never had any problems, and all of those came off of craigslist bnib. This was the first time i actually got a sprint phone from the store and I have problems, lol.