1.    #1  
    new pixi plus this is my first smart phone to boot. I don't have my laptop or a regular computer right now so am I just sol on gettin set up? As of right right now I can't download anything it gives me "no handler" error. Any advice? Thank you sooo much!!
    You've tried restarting the phone? What WebOS version are you running?
  3.    #3  
    I haven't restarted yet bc i didn't know which option to pick. It came with the new webos 1.3.5
  4.    #4  
    also I read somewhere that in device info tap version and it should say build 147..mine says 148. Is this important?
    Quote Originally Posted by ambepixidawn View Post
    also I read somewhere that in device info tap version and it should say build 147..mine says 148. Is this important?
    Mine is 148 also. As far as restarting I meant turned it off and on again. Or pulled the battery.
  6.    #6  
    yea I've done that... Still count download any apps or games
    How much info do you have on it? Try a partial Erase. Go to Preferences, Device Information, Reset Options and click on Partial Erase. Before you do that are you getting good reception? One more thing, when you say you can't download anything , are you talking about from the App Catalog?
  8.    #8  
    I don't have anything on it yet..I did the partial reset and I can download the apps from app catalog but no 3rd party apps. I'm sure everything else requires me being able to use the pc too
    What 3rd party apps?
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    I had an issue similar. Both me and my wife upgraded to 1.3.5 when we bought our phones a couple of weeks ago and had to use webos doctor to fix.
    Which app are you trying to install?
    I would assume she is going to a site like moble24 or something close to it. It automatically sees the Pixi as some oddball Nokia model, and hence it downloads games for such a phone. The problem, as we all know, is that Pixi/Pre use WebOS.

I would pack this one away under the "wrong file type" category until she comes back and tells us the name of the website she is downloading from. Just by the way she is describing her issue, and from my personal experience from when I first received my Pixi and tried to DL off brand games, I would say she is DL'ing "dumbphone" stuff, Iphone, BB, or "PalmOS".