Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Llama View Post
    But to answer the question for SPRINT consumers, NO you do NOT need ANY data plan to buy/use a Pixi on the Sprint network. VZ may be different.

Myke
    This is NOT True, taken from sprint's website under plans for Pixi:
    "Palm devices automatically send you software and firmware updates, as well as activate themselves over the air. In addition, they have fun and useful data capabilities like text, GPS, web browsing and picture-sharing. So, we only offer the data plans listed below for these devices."

Only plans listed are ones with data plans, same goes for the pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by dex4 View Post
    This is NOT True, taken from sprint's website under plans for Pixi:
    "Palm devices automatically send you software and firmware updates, as well as activate themselves over the air. In addition, they have fun and useful data capabilities like text, GPS, web browsing and picture-sharing. So, we only offer the data plans listed below for these devices."

Only plans listed are ones with data plans, same goes for the pre.
    Sprint may have changed the way they sell their phones and the plans they attach to them. Had I wanted a BB, I would have needed a data plan. I chose the Pixi because I did not have to have the data plan for my purchase. I chose to alter my plan to a data plan after I received my Pixi.

At the time I purchased my phone (4-6 weeks ago) data was not required. What I based my comments from were my personal experiences. You can be less snooty in the future, I am sure it will hold the same weight in the court of ideas.

Myke
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    Make sure you are looking at the $29.99 data plan. They might be trying to sell you the enterprise data plan for $45, which you don't need. I would say the $30 for unlimited data from VZW is pretty reasonable.
    Yes def check this... Not sure for corp stores and non nation retail dealers but in our activation system at Sam's Club Kiosk when we activate a blackberry or droid we get the $45 data plan auto populate. We have to go in and add the $30 data and remove the $45
    SCK Manager
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Sprint may have changed the way they sell their phones and the plans they attach to them. Had I wanted a BB, I would have needed a data plan. I chose the Pixi because I did not have to have the data plan for my purchase. I chose to alter my plan to a data plan after I received my Pixi.

At the time I purchased my phone (4-6 weeks ago) data was not required. What I based my comments from were my personal experiences. You can be less snooty in the future, I am sure it will hold the same weight in the court of ideas.

Myke
    I am sorry if I sounded snooty. I just tell the facts.
    Myke, no offense but the only plans you would've been able to activate a Pixi on are data inclusive. You simply had/have no other options period, whether it was 2 days ago or 2 months ago. Nothing changed from when you ordered it to when you received it. If you were on a cheaper or non-data plan with the BB, you would not have been able to activate it on that current plan.

Android, webOS and Instinct phones are only able to be activated on everything plans or their business equivalent which are data inclusive.

So if you weren't intentionally lying you were greatly misinformed.

Myke
    lol, You're more than 100% wrong. I don't even know where to begin to start with you.

This has been the case since back with the Instinct. Sprint REQUIRES you to have a Everything Data or Simply Everything Plan on webOS phones. They have changed nothing. If you somehow got it without a data plan, whoopti-do for you.. Because you're required to have a data plan. Don't start going around telling everyone that they don't need a data pack just because YOU (one person) doesn't have it.

I will wait for the day when you are on here ranting because Sprint added a required data plan on your plan and that you feel "ripped off".
    Yes, Sprint requires a data plan. That is a fact. If you find a way to get it without a data plan, then that's awesome. Wait for your first month's bill and see how much they charged you for data. With average use, these phones use around 500-700MB at least a month.
    data plan is the safe way
    Quote Originally Posted by dex4 View Post
    I am sorry if I sounded snooty. I just tell the facts.
    It's cool. No offense taken.

I did look at the same info you are looking at, then I called Sprint about it, and they said that it was supposed to be data only, and a "mistake" with the online sales department allowed my account to slip through.

In other words, we are both 100% correct. You were dead on with Sprints data service RE: Palm. (I happened to have a "mistake" phone and plan lol)

Myke
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    lol, You're more than 100% wrong. I don't even know where to begin to start with you.

This has been the case since back with the Instinct. Sprint REQUIRES you to have a Everything Data or Simply Everything Plan on webOS phones. They have changed nothing. If you somehow got it without a data plan, whoopti-do for you.. Because you're required to have a data plan. Don't start going around telling everyone that they don't need a data pack just because YOU (one person) doesn't have it.

I will wait for the day when you are on here ranting because Sprint added a required data plan on your plan and that you feel "ripped off".
    Boy, you really should read posts BEFORE you go off. You can't tell me I am wrong if you don't even READ what I write. Your last statement does not even make sense. In any event, read my OTHER post. lol
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12