1.    #1  
    Sooo after 2 weeks with the pixi. im thinking of returning it :/
    I do like WebOS and was amazed by it but after a while i got bored of it.
    So im still on the verge of returning it For The New Curve or something,
    Has anyone decided to return their Pixi for a Diffrent Phone?
    Well I'd suggest the Pre over the pixi, but if you get tired of an OS like webOS you're probably not going to find one that is exciting enough.
    u said curve, like thats gonna be exciting. all crackberries are the same. did you do any hacking to your pixi?
    Last edited by Young HoV 718; 01/25/2010 at 05:47 PM.
    The Curve is a great phone but it's not gonna be exciting - the BlackBerry OS is stale & old. But you will have a fantastic messaging device with a killer keyboard. Personally I would rate a Pixi muxh higher than a Curve. But don't stay with it if you're bored - there's hundreds of other phones out there
    What exactly left you bored of the pixi?
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    If you are a hard core messanger, I would go with the curve. Other than that, the Pixi beats it in every other way. Better web browser, better screen, better build quality, and imo better OS.
    If you're bored of webos, the next thing I would recommend is android. Blackberry os is BORING!!!
    you're going backwards.
    regret feels terrible
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontbes View Post
    Sooo after 2 weeks with the pixi. im thinking of returning it :/
    I do like WebOS and was amazed by it but after a while i got bored of it.
    So im still on the verge of returning it For The New Curve or something,
    Has anyone decided to return their Pixi for a Diffrent Phone?
    i did last week and i got a htc hero. i love the phone compared to webos and im not trying to bash it. i recommend you look into an android device.
    Global Posts
    2,477 Global Posts
    If you want excitement...I would recommend doing an Android phone next. If you want productivity...I would go with a Blackberry.

Hands down the most efficient line of phones on Sprint.
    The Curve? That's halarious, lmfao
    I just picked up my new blackberry curve on tmobile. I'm going to miss the Pre, but there are so many reasons why the change was necessary. It's ridiculous to pay so much each month and not be able to make calls from your own home, I was getting upwards of 5-10 dropped calls a day, and Sprint was just more than my blood pressure could handle. I'll miss PRE and I'll miss this forum, because I've really enjoyed my time here, but I need a phone that works, makes calls and I don't have to replace three times in six months. But it sure was fun!
    where do you live that tmobile is more reliable than sprint? First time I heard that one
    think she's referring to the phone and not the network.

for people that look to their phone as toys, you might as well go with android if you want to play and customize. From a PIM standpoint Android is just as lackluster as webOS so don't expect any big jump in that department. You do have Sense in the Hero which adds some polish and makes Android feel more complete out of the box. If you need a physical keyboard, the Moment, post update is nice though a touch clunky with good feel.

because I care more about PIM functionality and dealing with the inherent lack of it in both webOS and Android, I;m giving the Pixi a shot for the sheer size and thumboard. Haven't had a phone this small since my i500, and I actually wish the pixi was a touch wider, somewhere between it and the treo pro.
    Congrats on your new Curve It's a cool phone. Enjoy it!
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    The Curve? That's halarious, lmfao
    the curve / blackberries are damn nice phones but if i were him id go for android. it's the hottest thing on the market right now. fast, reliable, great market apps with "tons of free" items and it's super customizable.

i know your a die hard palm lover but there are other nice phones out there too.
    Quote Originally Posted by mandystreasures View Post
    I just picked up my new blackberry curve on tmobile. I'm going to miss the Pre, but there are so many reasons why the change was necessary. It's ridiculous to pay so much each month and not be able to make calls from your own home, I was getting upwards of 5-10 dropped calls a day, and Sprint was just more than my blood pressure could handle. I'll miss PRE and I'll miss this forum, because I've really enjoyed my time here, but I need a phone that works, makes calls and I don't have to replace three times in six months. But it sure was fun!
    enjoy your phone but why not go for android or winmo?
    the grass isn't a lot greener over at android. I had the Hero the day it came out and then switched to the Moment the day it came out. Kept both for troubleshooting purposes but the Moment with it's keyboard was the every day phone. Customizable as hell, but a little clunky in design. The phone app is far from polished and having the Pixi for two days now I feel it is more functional with less lag than either Android phone. It's just more well thought out. Plus I can use the Pixi's keyboard for one touch speed dials which is quicker than Android's quick dial solutions which are one touch icons from a 3rd party which requires you to clutter up a home screen or bury them deeper in a folder. One of the few features that seemed to carry over from PalmOS.

I had the Pre when it first came out, and it quickly went back. I'm only trying the Pixi because my boss doesn't care for the Moment and wants an alternative. So far I can recommend it for his needs, but if he doesn't like it, the next step is to a BB. WinMob isn't even a consideration. If it was, I'd give him my treo pro. But it's just not as user friendly.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    I am in a similar situation. I upgraded my phone to the moment and my wife upgraded her phone to the pixi. I like the idea of android, but nothing seemed like it was working together. I ended up testing the pixi and the moment against each other. To my surprise, loading the web pages came to be nearly identical, but the web pages where easier to read with the pixi and loaded more links (ESPN had a video link you can see on pixi but not on moment).

I can type faster on the pixi, but that is because I am use to the vertical qwerty keyboard. I found the moment to be decent, but the spacebar is off center and soft rubber, which you can press down on the center and not even hit one of the two buttons under the space bar.

I now have the pixi, but I am still on the rocks. I have one week left to exchange or return. I am watching Palm closely to see what else is in store for phones this year.

I do believe the webos system is the most advanced and easy to use to date.