Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Picked up my Pixi Plus today at Verizon Wireless in downtown Chicago.

Trialing the device right now (I also have the iPhone 3GS). Absolutely love the form factor and OS, but, I am having some serious issues.

1) Pixi is randomly shutting down. Battery level is at 40%. I keep pushing the screen lock and then trying to turn the screen back on doesn't work pushing the screen lock again. It did the first few times. Now I have to hold it to turn the device back on. This doesn't seem normal...

2) Battery life seems to have dwindled about 20% in a couple hours (no voice usage, no text messages, no GPS, just setting up 2 e-mail accounts and trying the web browser). Not sure if it's because I've had to turn the phone on multiple times (about 10 shut downs since I picked it up at lunch).

Guessing I should go exchange?
    Yes. You should have no such issues. Exchange is definitely the right choice.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by daving313 View Post
    Picked up my Pixi Plus today at Verizon Wireless in downtown Chicago.

Trialing the device right now (I also have the iPhone 3GS). Absolutely love the form factor and OS, but, I am having some serious issues.

1) Pixi is randomly shutting down. Battery level is at 40%. I keep pushing the screen lock and then trying to turn the screen back on doesn't work pushing the screen lock again. It did the first few times. Now I have to hold it to turn the device back on. This doesn't seem normal...

2) Battery life seems to have dwindled about 20% in a couple hours (no voice usage, no text messages, no GPS, just setting up 2 e-mail accounts and trying the web browser). Not sure if it's because I've had to turn the phone on multiple times (about 10 shut downs since I picked it up at lunch).

Guessing I should go exchange?
    Some weeks ago my wife dropped her Pre and thereafter it would shutdown randomly, especially when closing the slider. The fix was to remove the battery and reseat it. Perhaps you could try something similar?
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    If you can demonstrate the problems at the drop of a hat I'm sure you'll get a replacement.
    You're invited to follow me on Twitter
    That's wierd, why would anybody take the time to post this, most people would just take their phone back and get a new one, JMO.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    That's wierd, why would anybody take the time to post this, most people would just take their phone back and get a new one, JMO.
    Just wanted to see if any other new Plus owners were having similar issues or just my random one. Just seemed weird to happen a few hours after leaving the store. Sorry to bother you!
    Just got a bad apple is all.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Just as weird as you commenting on how weird it is that he asked. Most people would have read the post and moved on if they had no interest or had no relevant information to provide regarding the OP's thread subject. JMO.

BTW... I'm not like most people.
    I have been hearing about so many problems with the pixi and pre plus. In my opinion, there junk.
    Renoldo how much are you getting paid to bash!?!?!
    I think the Pixi goes off the intelligence of it's user and reacts accordingly. My Pixi happens to be flawless
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by etrade18 View Post
    He's not lucky enough to get paid for it lol. Just does it for no reason
    OP, the battery issue is somewhat normal. After a few charging cycles, it will last much longer.
    Quote Originally Posted by etrade18 View Post
    I'm not trying to bash anything, I just think IN MY OPINION that the plus phones are not all that great. I'm sorry if that offends you etrade.
    Quote Originally Posted by renaldobenjamin View Post
    I'm not trying to bash anything, I just think IN MY OPINION that the plus phones are not all that great. I'm sorry if that offends you etrade.
    The Plus phones are basically the same as our Pres/Pixis but with better hardware...
    Quote Originally Posted by renaldobenjamin View Post
    I have been hearing about so many problems with the pixi and pre plus. In my opinion, there junk.
    i wouldn't call them junk. ive owned both a pre & a pixi. of course i moved on to a htc hero and im in love now.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    webos phone will use a lot of battery the first few hours while download contacts and syncing acounts
    any how long have you had it for you to be so opinionated!!! Troll
    Quote Originally Posted by jbern8 View Post
    webos phone will use a lot of battery the first few hours while download contacts and syncing acounts
    Yep, depending on how much data you have to sync up, that initial experience could be pretty "draining" until it settles down. If you've gotten the "sync complete" notification, a few things.

1. Reseat the battery. A slightly misaligned battery can cause shut downs and increased battery drain.

2. Check your email sync settings. If they are set to "As items arrive", change it to "every 10 mins" or longer and observe.

Barring that, you may have some defective circuitry. Take it in for an exchange.

HTH
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Can anyone confirm/deny that the Pre or Pixi PLUS has the little pad that pushes the battery into the terminals with a tighter fit?

Just curious.. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast