Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Just as an update to my original post that started this thread... I have been a smartphone user for the past 5 years, so I am well aware of the various syncing things (time between pulls from server vs. Push) and what they can do to the battery. Battery seems to be on par now with what I'd expect.

As for the random shutdown, I ended up taking the back off and battery out. I haven't had a random shutdown since. There is a little give between the battery and where it connects. You can maybe push the battery into the terminals a millimeter or two.

So far I've tried the Droid, Pre (Sprint), Sprint Hero, and now the Pixi to replace my iPhone 3GS (AT&T is killing me). This is the closest I've been to replacing it. As long as the performance is something I can deal with over time is my only caveat now. Wondering how big of a leap 1.4 will be from 1.3.5.
    my cover is off now, and I see no pad. Looks like a tight fit to me. There is a pad on the inside of the cover to keep the battery down, but I see norhing to push it towards the terminals.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by daving313 View Post
    Just as an update to my original post that started this thread... I have been a smartphone user for the past 5 years, so I am well aware of the various syncing things (time between pulls from server vs. Push) and what they can do to the battery. Battery seems to be on par now with what I'd expect.

As for the random shutdown, I ended up taking the back off and battery out. I haven't had a random shutdown since. There is a little give between the battery and where it connects. You can maybe push the battery into the terminals a millimeter or two.

So far I've tried the Droid, Pre (Sprint), Sprint Hero, and now the Pixi to replace my iPhone 3GS (AT&T is killing me). This is the closest I've been to replacing it. As long as the performance is something I can deal with over time is my only caveat now. Wondering how big of a leap 1.4 will be from 1.3.5.
    Glad to hear you are having an improvement. It seems apparent with the Pre that initial battery life can be a bit disconcerting. Please give it time. Restarts and reboots can be common as you add home brew, patches, applications and what-not. These can all affect battery life momentarily.

I hope you enjoy it and please ignore the PITA members on the forum, some like to cry all the time. Generally, if you can wade through the "humor" you will find a lot of genuine help.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    And my last update....I really wanted to port my number. I was SO, SO close. I just can't get over the performance comparison between the Pixi Plus and my 3GS. With no other cards open, 6 hour syncing, nothing else running...it shouldn't take a full minute for Google Maps to load. I use this app a ton and it just is so, so painful to use. Why doesn't it remember the last place you were when you open it? Beyond Google Maps...just the little things are just ever so painful coming from what I've been using for the last 7 months. The OS is gorgeous though, as is the hardware. It's the best looking phone out there IMO. Palm is so close, they just need to nail the hardware.

They should have really made this a "Plus" and gave it the Pre Hardware specs (Sorry, no sliders for me). Maybe I'll see you again Precentral if a "Pixi 2" ever gets released.
    I'm sorry you had so much trouble with your Pixi! I just opened Google Maps with several cards, and it opened, loaded, and automatically found my location in about 12 to 15 seconds on EVDO. Perhaps it was the phone itself that was bad, or maybe the network? I don't blame you for not tolerating it.

Regardless, I hope you find a phone that is awesome.
    ~Annie

I heart my Pixi
    with the internet and texts open it took about twelve seconds to open and load for google maps. I only have one bar too
    A trial only lasts for 1 day? That sucks. I think it takes a couple weeks of solid usage to determine what the short comings of this phone are. It is still sluggish occasionally (I've found this to be dependent on network data coverage most of the time), and it has rebooted on its own a few times. Battery life has only improved since I first got the phone. General OS navigation has improved as well.

Being able to flip between google maps, email, web browser, and yelp while music is playing in the background all with just a swipe is pretty convenient. Granted I've only done that a few times but it was really nice knowing I didn't lose or have to navigate back to the information I needed from my email to look up directions on google maps or just pull info when talking to someone on gtalk/aim/sms.
    Quote Originally Posted by renaldobenjamin View Post
    I have been hearing about so many problems with the pixi and pre plus. In my opinion, there junk.
    I say **** Verizon users renaldo shut up we all know you work at Sprint you get paid too much to bash.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    I think the Pixi goes off the intelligence of it's user and reacts accordingly. My Pixi happens to be flawless
    That's a bit mean. Anything can be bad out of the box. Bad luck of the draw.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by noxaj2 View Post
    I say **** Verizon users renaldo shut up we all know you work at Sprint you get paid too much to bash.
    Hey noxaj. Shut it! You backstabber!
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    1.4 is supposed to implement the GPU chip utilization completely, that was what the big fus is about. So if thats true battery life and speed should be greatly improve, because with the GPU intergrated the CPU will not have to do all the work pixalizing everything which drains battery and is the reason for the lag. Even so people once they turn on the chip believe me there will be no to minimial lag, remember the hardware is the same as the iphone 3gs the difference is right now the GPU is not turned on in your pixi's or pre's.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12