1.    #1  
    I had the pre and now I have the pixxi because I broke multiple pres. I am wondering when will apps/games that you can get on the pre be avalible on the pixi I was happy to see the 3d games but when will it be avalible on my phone
    never say never, but, never.
    Well, Palm is focused mainly on the Pre for now. Because of the Pixi's different hardware (CPU, GPU, screen resolution), the Pre games won't run on the Pixi. The 3D games were easily ported to the Pre because of very similar hardware between the Pre and iphone.
    Chud stop spreading fud.

OP, please refer to the PC Mag article that was posted in this forum a day or two after Palm's presentation at CES for the correct answer, which Garrett nor Chud provided you with. The short answer is that the PDK for the Pixi will be released to developers soon according to Palm reps. Developers will use the kit to develop games and apps just as they're doing for the Pre. So at some point you'll see games on the Pixi. How soon? No one knows for sure.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    thanks for providing the link.

The Pixi's 528 MHz processor knocks this phone out of the running for the new 3D games coming to the Pre. But there are still about 1,000 apps available, including Pandora, various Twitter apps, and many simpler games.
    http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2358235,00.asp

link is 4 days old.
    pixi will not wind up with the same apps as pre it doesnt have the internals people need to realize pixi is the LESSER phone it will not get the same treatment
    I'm not saying it won't come to the Pixi, but PC Mag is one of the last places I'd personally use to find accurate information.
    You're welcome Chud! It's the 7th paragraph of the article.

Hands On With Palm's Pre Plus and Pixi Plus - Reviews by PC Magazine

"While select games from EA, Glu Mobile and Gameloft based on the PDK are already available, the full PDK for the Pre and Pre Plus is coming out in March, Palm said. The Pixi line doesn't have the 3D games or the PDK yet, though Palm told me a PDK for the Pixi line would be coming soon".
    The point is that games can be developed for the Pixi. It's really that simple. Will they operate the way they do on the Pre. Prolly not. That is why Palm created a separate dev kit for the Pixi. With the PDK for the Pixi there is nothing stopping a developer from using it to develop games.

And the point of referencing the PC Mag article was to refer you to the piece where the Palm rep is referenced for the article.
    that is such a vaguely worded quote.

the Pre, even with its' superior to the Pixi hardware, will glitch with the current game offerings.

do you really think that the Pixi will be running games similar to the Pre/Plus?
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    that is such a vaguely worded quote.

the Pre, even with its' superior to the Pixi hardware, will glitch with the current game offerings.

do you really think that the Pixi will be running games similar to the Pre/Plus?
    Depends on how effectively they gimp the game.
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
  12.    #12  
    i figured it would be longer than the pre because of the ;ack of hardware...i just wanted to know if tyheir was anything released on when they will start...thank u everyone for your input
  13.    #13  
    i figured it would be longer than the pre because of the ;ack of hardware...i just wanted to know if tyheir was anything released on when they will start...thank u everyone for your input