1.    #1  
    I have been lurking here for some time (under a different screen name that I can no longer access) and reading quite a bit about game development for the Pre (doom, quake, sims, console emulators, etc.). I have seen very little development for the Pixi (rollerball and hangman).

As a Pixi owner (thanks to a dubious sales person who claimed the pixi was just as versatile as the pre...) I can't help but wonder if ANYTHING that has been done for the Pre (3d gaming, console emulation) can be, or will be done, on the Pixi.

I ask this because I know NOTHING about programing, limitations of the hardware, missing components from one phone to the other, etc. I know that there are many people here who know this information, so I know someone will have a serious and valid answer to all my questions.

If this has been asked (and answered) before in a different thread, could you please pop a link in here?

TIA
    Myke
    Thought I remembered this question from somewhere! Check out this article over at PCMag. Seems like the Pixi will eventually receive 3D gaming / GPU support like it's older brother the Pre. Cut Palm some slack, they're developing for a new chipset after all!

Hands On With Palm's Pre Plus and Pixi Plus - Reviews by PC Magazine
    Oh, and while the Pixi's CPU may be clocked at a higher speed than that of the Pre (600 MHz vs. 500 MHz) the Pre's chipset is more powerful and robust (it contains an ARM A-8 vs. A-6 I believe). Hope that clears things up a little bit.
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    I'm sure Palm said at CES that they are working on the Pixi PDK. We were lucky the Pre PDK came out as fast as it did.
  5.    #5  
    This is what I was looking for. It is nice to see work is being done for the Pixi. Now I have only one other concern; are the apps being made on the plus systems going to work with the "originals"? It looks like memory is the only major diff when thinking about programing. I do not think wi-fi counts for progrming, but wi-fi is the reason I ask. There is a Pixi app that I can not download; a wifi hotspot app. I have Sprint, not the Plus. Will Pixi apps work on all Pixis? Will Verizonls Pixi dwarf mine in apps?