Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Who prefers the Pixi over the Pre? Just looking for some more insight before i buy either the Pre Plus or Pixi Plus.
    I prefer the Pixi because it is smaller, thinner, and more compact since I carry my phone in my front pants pocket. I also prefer the candy-bar keyboard over the slider format. I was a little worried that the smaller screen would be hard to read, but it doesn't bother me a bit and works quite well. Just my 2 cents...
    cohoman

Palm Apps:

jVault and jChecklist
    I exchanged my Pre for a Pixi for:

- Better keyboard
    - Candybar form factor
    - Better battery life
    - Weight / Thinness
    - Noticeably better durability (inherent of single piece design)
    I prefer the Pixi. Smaller, better KB and generally as fast. I live in an area with decent Sprint coverage so most of the time my phone is on EVDO anyway, so I don't miss WiFi.
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    Couple questions:

When you guys exchanged your Pre for a Pixi, how did you do that? Were you within the 30 days, or what?

Also, will the same backgrounds work? Or does the screen size mess them up? Are there the same apps available, or does the screen size get in the way again? Also, how's the camera?

Thanks!
    What if this whole crusade's a charade? -Trent Reznor
    well just to be fair i prefer the pre for:
    speed
    screen size/resolution
    upcoming flash and 3d gaming
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nspreng01 View Post
    I exchanged my Pre for a Pixi for:

- Better keyboard
    - Candybar form factor
    - Better battery life
    - Weight / Thinness
    - Noticeably better durability (inherent of single piece design)
    x2
    The pre has a 3 megapixel camera, while the pixi has a 2 megapixel. The internal hardware for the pre is more powerful. If ure looking for performance go with the pre. If ure looking for appearances go with the pixi. Heres a link that may help you Palm Pre vs Palm Pixi
    I had both, ended up staying with the Pixi . In addition to the other comments, I will say that my Pixi never has problems with the touchstone, although my spouse's Pre has constant issues (constant "charging battery" messages when it gets to 95%) but the Pre has a much nicer screen. Has more apps. But the Pixi does everything I want it to do, great messaging device. And the keyboard is just way better.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    I prefer my Pre for three reasons:

-wifi
    -camera
    -bigger screen

If it weren't for the camera I would switch out my pre for a pixi instantly, the Pixi is generally a better phone in build quality, style, and usability but the Pre has the internals that make me stick with it. Oh yeah, and the Pre has more applications than the pixi.
    A question that might help his your experience with the smaller screen. This is the singal reason I didn't switch, other than homebrew and patches will work better with Pre (devs have a Pre).
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    I have the pre, my wife had the pre, but switched to the pixi. After she got the pixi, I preferred it for a little while because:

- Much better keyboard
    - Form factor is amazing, lighter, amazingly thin
    - No problems with Pre durability, but I can see the pixi has better durability.

Didn't really mind not having wifi and the screen size is good enough

However, after CES, I can now conclusively say I prefer the pre because:

-3d gaming
    -flash support
    -screen size, becomes important for games. No, I'm not a huge game player on the phone, but it's very nice for the occasional times I want to play or show my friends the 3d gaming capability.
    -last update allows you to keep wifi on even when screen was off...makes wifi a little better to use in my opinion (not a problem for the pixi plus).
    -after using the pixi for a couple weeks, there are definitely times that it's MUCH slower than the pre, but overall, for the most part it's about the same speed.
    Hi MynTi FreSh,
    Remember that the Verizon Pre should have a better slider mechanism. In the PalmCast, they said the Pre+ keybord is more like the Pixi keyboard. (If I recall correctly, they still liked the Pixi keyboard better.) It's also hard to tell what will be best for you as you have never used any WebOS device yet. If you like (or have time for) games, I'd go with the Pre+ over the Pixi plus as it will have both 2x the memory (512 vs 256) and 2x the storage (16 vs 8) as the Pixi+ will have. It will also have a faster processor. Most likely, Verizon will consider both of these phones as "smartphones" which means the ETF will be $350. As long as your parents let you spend the additional amount for the Pre+, I would go with that one.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Just remember that the Pre is the flagship phone, and it will get preferential treatment when it comes to new features and upgrades. So while 3D gaming, flash and other goodies will come to the Pixi, it will generally be later than the Pre.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    Just remember that the Pre is the flagship phone, and it will get preferential treatment when it comes to new features and upgrades. So while 3D gaming, flash and other goodies will come to the Pixi, it will generally be later than the Pre.
    Very true. If you want a more solid phone, get the Pixi. Just don't expect it to do everything the Pre can do. As of now, there are about 100 apps that are 'Pre only'.
    Quote Originally Posted by bclancy View Post
    Hi MynTi FreSh,
    Remember that the Verizon Pre should have a better slider mechanism. In the PalmCast, they said the Pre+ keybord is more like the Pixi keyboard. (If I recall correctly, they still liked the Pixi keyboard better.) It's also hard to tell what will be best for you as you have never used any WebOS device yet. If you like (or have time for) games, I'd go with the Pre+ over the Pixi plus as it will have both 2x the memory (512 vs 256) and 2x the storage (16 vs 8) as the Pixi+ will have. It will also have a faster processor. Most likely, Verizon will consider both of these phones as "smartphones" which means the ETF will be $350. As long as your parents let you spend the additional amount for the Pre+, I would go with that one.
    I was not aware that the Pre+ will have a faster processor. Where did you hear this?
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    I had 3 Pre's and returned them. The build quality was just horrible. The keyboard was cramped and the lower edge under the keyboard felt awkward. As for the Pixi, I love the Keyboard, build quality, form factor, and better battery life. I like everything about it.
    i currently have a pixi and i owned a pre 2 months ago. i love the pixi, better form, great design. better battery life, nice keyboard. the only thing i hate is the name ruins it for most, they thinks it's a phone for women.
    whos to say its not
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    whos to say its not
    what do you mean? are you responding to my post? if you are the phone was not intended for women only.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast