Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    I am a messenger, so I use the keyboard a lot. I text, tweet, facebook, email, and occasionally web browse. I traded my Pre for a Pixi and I love it.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    erikmarcus....

What FB app do you use? and what is your biggest complaint going from the pre to the pixi?
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jfscars48 View Post
    My Pre just began acting up and I am going to trade for a PIXI.

Quote Originally Posted by erikmarcus View Post
    I am a messenger, so I use the keyboard a lot. I text, tweet, facebook, email, and occasionally web browse. I traded my Pre for a Pixi and I love it.

How did you guys "trade" your Pre for a Pixi?
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    and 150 after 100 rabate, both qualify for buy one (Pre plus or pixi plus) get one (pixi plus) free
    The Verizon Wireless website does not mention a "Buy One Get One FREE" offer.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    I'd prefer a pixi candybar style phone but slightly longer to accomidate a 480 pixel screen and with top of the line internals. Hopefully they scrap the pre and make a pixi and a longer candbar style phone with 480 screen as the pre's replacement.
    Rishi O.
    Quote Originally Posted by rishio View Post
    I'd prefer a pixi candybar style phone but slightly longer to accomidate a 480 pixel screen and with top of the line internals. Hopefully they scrap the pre and make a pixi and a longer candbar style phone with 480 screen as the pre's replacement.
    Sorry, I don't think this is gonna happen. The Pre is going to be the flagship device for a while...
    I know others have been able to get the Buy 1 Get 1 offer on the Pixi, but I cannot seem to get it on the Verizon website. Here's a screen shot, with no BOGO offer:

Did you clear out your cache? Try another PC if you can and see if it works?

Rob
    I wish either phone would have a trackpad or d-pad of some sort. Trying to navigate within a text box is a PITA especially when there's more text than can visually fit in the text box. Trying to navigate around by touch alone to the text below the end of the text box is near impossible. It's a shame the gesture area can't be used for cursor control in any way. Unless I'm missing something.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    I prefer the Pixi Plus....I just went to the big V for my upgrade today and fondled both and decided (with concurrence from the wife, she has the Droid, btw) that I would end up breaking the Pre Plus slider. The Pre Plus just felt cheap (or at least low quality materials). Plus I like the candybar style of phone as it will ride in the knife pocket of carpenter type pants. The light weight is a bonus and so far the speed is acceptable. I'm only going to be using it for email, texts, FB and of course talking so I think it'll be just fine.

PS...How long does it take for the initial sync for the FB contacts?
    Hopefully when and if Palm ever releases a full second-generation variant of the Pixi, they'll make it a little more wider. Love the keyboard. Dare I say that it's even better than that found on most BlackBerrys. WebOS is amazing enough as it is; Palm should maintain the direction in which WebOS (apparently) is going with its premier mobile OS software.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ddthld View Post
    I prefer the Pixi Plus....I just went to the big V for my upgrade today and fondled both and decided (with concurrence from the wife, she has the Droid, btw) that I would end up breaking the Pre Plus slider. The Pre Plus just felt cheap (or at least low quality materials). Plus I like the candybar style of phone as it will ride in the knife pocket of carpenter type pants. The light weight is a bonus and so far the speed is acceptable. I'm only going to be using it for email, texts, FB and of course talking so I think it'll be just fine.

PS...How long does it take for the initial sync for the FB contacts?
    I've owned a Pre since launch, I open and close the slider all day, I've dropped the phone, used and abused it, and the slider is still fine and working just like the day I purchased the phone.

That said, enjoy the pixi I've always loved candybar style phones and probably would have a got a Pixi if it was available on launch day. However after demoing a Pixi Plus I found I've been quite spoiled by the large screen on the Pre and prefer it because of that.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I'm getting in here a little late, but here goes! I LOVE the Pre, but I ended up with a Pixi, and am so happy with my switch.

Pixi Pros for me:

-It's FAR MORE DURABLE! This is the biggest, most important part of my experience! I went through several Pres since launch day in June, for a variety of reasons. Although I love the slider, I couldn't stand a flimsy slider and it seemed like no matter how careful I was, it would get quite loose. The Pixi is so solid and substantial! It doesn't have a plastic-ey feel. One less huge, moving part. Although I do love the slider idea and function, I think it's just going to be a potential issue. Until they figure out some great slider build innovation!
    -I got the Palm pink Pixi back cover which is very nice. It gives the Pixi my personality and the nice grippy texture. Looks SO great and unique, and I love it!
    -I do like the Pixi keyboard better. Ultra click-ey, overall really good to use. Taller buttons than the Pre.

I thought I'd mind the lag a lot more...but either it's not as bad as I thought or I've gotten used to it! It would be great to have Flash on the Pixi (or at least next version) though!

Overall I'm a VERY VERY happy Pixi owner! Thanks for letting me tell you why!
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    well let me tell yall it wasn't the price that got me a pre just feels cheap oh how I wish my pixi had the isides of a pre that's about it the camera and screen work fine and it's just a matter of time before we get better games no flash though I want the new palm grand prexi that would be a great phone insides of a pre built like a pixi
    Two words.. No Slider
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    I wish either phone would have a trackpad or d-pad of some sort. Trying to navigate within a text box is a PITA especially when there's more text than can visually fit in the text box. Trying to navigate around by touch alone to the text below the end of the text box is near impossible. It's a shame the gesture area can't be used for cursor control in any way. Unless I'm missing something.
    I had the very same frustration for a few months, then I found out you can hold Orange and slide up/down/left/right on the screen to move the cursor! If you hold Shift you can highlight. Only found out about that a month ago... it's awesome. Way better than trying to poke in between 2 letters a bunch of times.
    Just a shot in the dark but probably mainly pixi owners.
    I got a Pixi because I like the candy bar style. I am glad that I waited and got a Pixi Plus because the WiFi is very convenient. I suspect that the Pixi will always have issues due to having a different screen size than the Pre since most developers seem to support Pre first and Pixi second, but I don't think that will be a real issue for me since I don't plan on playing games and such.
    I want a Pixi form factor with the internals and screen size of the Pre.

But if i had to pick one, i'd still choose a pre simply because i do quite alot of casual browsing on there and just don't see that happening with the smaller pixi screen
    i own a pre and recently got my dad a pixi plus. the pixi plus is an amazing phone, i was surprised at how snappy and good it was all around. the smaller screen size wasn't a big deal either.

only thing i didn't like is the pixi plus did not come with a slip case or headset, my pre did..
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast