Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    If I was to get a WebOS device, it'd be the Pixi for the Static Keyboard.
    I thought the same thing....but its hard cuz the pre is obviously a "better" phone due to internals. I actually played with a Pixi keyboard in Radio shack the other day, only for like 5 seconds, but for some reason i didnt really like it. Probably just cuz i never used it before.
    Quote Originally Posted by MynTi FreSh View Post
    I thought the same thing....but its hard cuz the pre is obviously a "better" phone due to internals. I actually played with a Pixi keyboard in Radio shack the other day, only for like 5 seconds, but for some reason i didnt really like it. Probably just cuz i never used it before.
    Try giving it 5 minutes, you'll like it.
    I love the pixi but whoever designed the charger port on the phone should be fired lol. Seriously you cant just open the port and plug in the charger you have to hold it open. But other than that I cant stand slider phones so thats the main reason i got the pixi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancerz View Post
    I love the pixi but whoever designed the charger port on the phone should be fired lol. Seriously you cant just open the port and plug in the charger you have to hold it open. But other than that I cant stand slider phones so thats the main reason i got the pixi.
    Yes, I wish it were a little easier to open but if this is what it takes to make it stay closed when I want it to then it's great. Seriously, I've had other phones that the darn door wont stay closed and eventually just ripped it off.
    I have the Pre but my friend just got the Pixi and I had a chance to play with it for awhile. I must say, I am very tempted to sell my Pre and go with the Pixi now. The form factor is fantastic and the keyboard is so much better than the Pre's. Better battery life also makes a big difference too. The only thing holding me back right now is the Pixi's smaller screen. The internals don't matter too much to me because I don't need or have much time for gaming and if and when I do want to play a game I have an ipod touch.
    The more I play with my friends phone the more I like it. We will see if I cave into the temptation.
    All this Pixi love. ;_;. It makes me want one, then I just remind myself, No wifi, no wifi. If it had wifi I would so get this. Always loved the Treo candybar style. Sadly No EVDO in my area so yeah, I need wifi.
    I've had the pixi for a month now and I love it. I replaced my trusty Treo 650 with it. In reality there are only really 2 things that I'm upset about

1. Palm decided to not make Web OS compatible with the older Palm OS apps that I use for work...there is "classic" out for Pixi now, but I haven't tried it yet.

2. Battery life kind of sucks...although I'm not sure if it really sucks as much as it seems or if I'm spending more time playing on the phone than I use to....

Reason I went with with Pixi over Pre (I actually know nothing about dev type stuff and just wanted a phone to replace my Treo and the Sprint rep at the store didn't really mention the fact that the guts of the Pre and Pixi were much different) I looked at the Pre and and instantly did not like the slider. I have had problems with flip phones and have had too many buddies have problems with sliders so that turned me off. Especially since my job is kind of hard on phones...lots of taking it off/on my belt, putting it in a "cubby hole" type spot at my workstation....lots of trips thru x-ray machines...etc. Needless to say the less moving parts the better. I didn't find this site until after I bought the Pixi so I had no idea about any patches or stuff like that, nor the fact that some apps would be "exlcusive" to the Pre...although I'm not sure that would have steered me towards the Pre anyways.

So cliff notes on that the only reason I went with the Pixi over the Pre was due to needing a tougher phone and the Pre didn't look like it was up to the challenge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Great Cornholio View Post
    2. Battery life kind of sucks...although I'm not sure if it really sucks as much as it seems or if I'm spending more time playing on the phone than I use to....
    Do you have your phone on "push" or checking email really frequently? I simply turned off frequent email checks for my personal account, and for my school account, I put it on hourly checks. Obviously, this may not be an option for you if you depend on getting your work email frequently.

Also, I turned off GPS (can be turned back on easily if a gps app is being used). My battery life is amazing now and I use my phone quite a bit - though not for gaming or really huge battery suckers. Mostly messaging and web browsing.
    ~Annie

I heart my Pixi
    I chose the pixi for one reason over the pre. the slide feature is a major fault in my opinion. had a slider lg rumor and i think its a bad design. I went thru 3 rumore in less that 2 years all same problem with the contacts wearing out between sliding mechanism, I believe.
    Last edited by grizzly420; 01/20/2010 at 01:17 AM. Reason: add details to post
    Quote Originally Posted by wildgoosey32 View Post
    Do you have your phone on "push" or checking email really frequently? I simply turned off frequent email checks for my personal account, and for my school account, I put it on hourly checks. Obviously, this may not be an option for you if you depend on getting your work email frequently.

Also, I turned off GPS (can be turned back on easily if a gps app is being used). My battery life is amazing now and I use my phone quite a bit - though not for gaming or really huge battery suckers. Mostly messaging and web browsing.
    Email is not important at all for my job..infact I don't even have my main email account linked up to my phone. I just have it check my gmail either every 12 or 24 hours. Also have the GPS turned off as well. To me it just seems like the battery doesn't last as long as it should. Seems like the battery lasts about 75% of what it should. When I first got my Treo I still charged it basically every day, but it seemed like if I accidentally skipped a charge I wasn't worried about the phone dying before the end of the day when I got to the hotel and could finally charge it. The Pixi on the other hand seems like it needs to be charged at least once a day...if not more often. I'm pretty sure if I forgot to charge it one night it would def be dead by the time my work day was done and I was able to charge it again...(charging at work is not an option) I usually just do phone calls texting and some messing around on the web..since the Pixi is way better at that then any other phone I had.
    I'm coming off an iPhone, pretty much am disgusted with AT&T, then was scratching my head over Android or WebOS. Then after choosing WebOS, scratching my head over Pre vs Pixi. I was about to get a Pre, due to the fact that it is more powerful than Pixi, had the WiFi, would be getting the 3d gaming, and was pretty much talked into it at the store. They had a demo version not attached to anything and they said to use it as much as I wanted. When I put the demo version in my pocket, I switched to the Pixi immediately. The Pre is just so bulky, I couldn't handle it. Luckily I have good EvDo service in my area so WiFi isn't a big issue, and i have to admit, the Pixi's keyboard is one of the best, if not the best keyboard i've used on a phone despite its size. The spacing seems close, but its just so easy to use, even with fingertips. I find myself making way less mistakes than on my iphone, or any other full keyboard phone i've had for that matter. I'm not missing much on the 3d gaming front considering I have a PSP. Flash and video recording is coming to Pixi apparently and that's what I really wanted anyway. I am still on day 2 with my Pixi, I like it so far. If I really find that its not enough phone for me, I can still switch, but I'm happy so far. Its just so light and easy to use, and it does all the things I need it to do. The physical form factor, weight, and keyboard, and overall way more sturdy build quality sealed the deal for me. I don't care if its more powerful, I'm not replacing the phone for a while, so I want it to last. This is coming from a guy who is a really big gadget freak. So I say if you know you want Sprint, and the Pixi catches your eye, try it out for your 30 days, if it does what you want it to do, keep it, if not, try a Pre.
    FYI...Verizon's Palm Pixi Plus will have wifi.

Text from a Jan 7th email from Palm:
    Introducing the Palm® Pre™ Plus and Palm Pixi™ Plus phones, available January 25 on Verizon Wireless.

Palm Pre Plus features a refined design and double the memory. Palm Pixi Plus is still incredibly thin and lightweight, but now includes Wi-Fi. Whichever you prefer, both are amazingly powerful yet simple to use, making it easy and fun to stay connected and ahead.1

And you can run your favorite apps—like Facebook®, Pandora, and Yelp—on Pre Plus and Pixi Plus. With over 1000 apps available and more added each week, chances are you’ll find the ones you want.
    As a current Centro owner, how does the size of the Centro screen compare to the Pixi Plus?

Does the Pixi plus use the same standard Palm charger connection the Centro does?

Any idea how much the Pixi Plus or Pre Plus will be with a 2yr contract from Verizon?

Is there a microSD card slot on the Pixi Plus?
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbanyHDTV View Post
    FYI...Verizon's Palm Pixi Plus will have wifi.
    As a current Centro owner, how does the size of the Centro screen compare to the Pixi Plus?
    pixi is slightly bigger in screen size. resolution is also higher at 320x400, centro is 320x320
    Does the Pixi plus use the same standard Palm charger connection the Centro does?
    no, it will be a modified microUSB connection, same as Treo Pro, and Pre, Pre plus, etc
    Any idea how much the Pixi Plus or Pre Plus will be with a 2yr contract from Verizon?
    100 and 150 after 100 rabate, both qualify for buy one (Pre plus or pixi plus) get one (pixi plus) free
    Is there a microSD card slot on the Pixi Plus?
    no
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    and 150 after 100 rabate, both qualify for buy one (Pre plus or pixi plus) get one (pixi plus) free
    I have the Verizon family share plan. I have the primary phone and my wife is the secondary. I am eligible for New Every 2, she is not.

Can I get the buy 1 get 1, and let my wife re-up for a new 2 year plan so she can use the "free" Pixi?
    Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz View Post
    All this Pixi love. ;_;. It makes me want one, then I just remind myself, No wifi, no wifi. If it had wifi I would so get this. Always loved the Treo candybar style. Sadly No EVDO in my area so yeah, I need wifi.
    I have to agree. While I don't think the Pre+ improvements are that dramatic, the Pixi+ improvements (simply adding WiFi) turn it from a not so great device to one I might prefer over the Pre.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbanyHDTV View Post
    I have the Verizon family share plan. I have the primary phone and my wife is the secondary. I am eligible for New Every 2, she is not.

Can I get the buy 1 get 1, and let my wife re-up for a new 2 year plan so she can use the "free" Pixi?
    i dont know, you might want to call VZ for find out.
    I bought a Pre in July. I got my wife a PIXI 2 months ago. I am not a game player nor a techie. The form factor of the PIXI is 10X better than the PRE IMO. Screen size no matter to me. My Pre just began acting up and I am going to trade for a PIXI. I have never used the WiFi on the pre so I won't miss it. I look at all the apps that come out each week and can honestly say that of 1000 or so apps maybe 5 appeal to me so even if some apps are Pre only I won't miss them. I am extremely disappointed in the app catalog...how to compute tips..beerology..many,many worthless apps-again my opinion only no disrespect intended.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennat View Post
    A question that might help his your experience with the smaller screen. This is the singal reason I didn't switch, other than homebrew and patches will work better with Pre (devs have a Pre).
    What are you trying to express here?
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Well I couldn't stand the Pre for the two weeks I had it. Went with the Moment. Have some at work that aren't happy with Android so I'm picking up a Pixi to see how well it'll work for what we want it to do. Figure it's better built, has a better keyboard and is a more familiar design for what these guys are used to. I'm already limited with 8gb on the Pre so going down to 4gb is no big deal. I'm more focused on day to day use and not the fluff so the faster processor doesn't mean much either.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    I'm already limited with 8gb on the Pre so going down to 4gb is no big deal.
    The Pixi also has 8GB
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast