Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 85
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    what do you mean? are you responding to my post? if you are the phone was not intended for women only.
    i didnt say that it was for for women only but the marketing ie the pink pixi is looking like its aimed squarely at them
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    i didnt say that it was for for women only but the marketing ie the pink pixi is looking like its aimed squarely at them
    yeah id agree the pink is probably for women but the original is not. of course maybe some guys like pink?
  3. #23  
    could be but im perfectly happy with my pres sharp bottom makes it a nice manly phone
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    could be but im perfectly happy with my pres sharp bottom makes it a nice manly phone
    wow man, so are you telling me by that comment that if a guy owns a pixi it means he owns a feminine phone? im sorry buts that a load of BS. palm NEVER marketed it that way in the first place.
  5. #25  
    no im saying that opinion determines how its seen and with a name like pixi its bound to be seen that way
  6. miata's Avatar
    Posts
    509 Posts
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    #26  
    The Pixi is a much better form factor and also has a better keyboard. However, the Pre has a better processor, display, camera and WIFI. I'm seriously considering moving from the Sprint Pre to the Verizon Pixi Plus, but not sure that I can live with the smaller display. The Pre display is already too small in m opinion.
  7. #27  
    alright guys...that's enough arguing over the manliness of the pixi :-)...as a woman, a guy who is secure enough in his manhood to carry anything named "pixi" totally has my vote!

    I love my Pixi...the form factor dominates while the internals are just fine for most of us. Unless, as mentioned above, you're into the 3d games and such (flash is coming to the pixi soon as far as I know, so that's a non-issue). So I guess it's about your needs and wants. Pixi is great for me!
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by wildgoosey32 View Post
    alright guys...that's enough arguing over the manliness of the pixi :-)...as a woman, a guy who is secure enough in his manhood to carry anything named "pixi" totally has my vote!

    I love my Pixi...the form factor dominates while the internals are just fine for most of us. Unless, as mentioned above, you're into the 3d games and such (flash is coming to the pixi soon as far as I know, so that's a non-issue). So I guess it's about your needs and wants. Pixi is great for me!
    not buying a phone if you a man because of the name is really stupid IMO. i still fail to see where the pixi was marketed as a womans phone? thanks for the props though because im a man and i own one.
  9. jroofad's Avatar
    Posts
    20 Posts
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    #29  
    had the pre and pixi both for my 30 days and ended up with pixi at the end. Everything that the other commentors mentioned of the phone is the reason. Also build quality is top notch. Short story.. Dropped my phone out of my pocket while running and my phone hit the ground hard and then with my momentum accidentally stepped on the phone with my sneakers. Luckily I landed my shoes on the face side (no scratches but my touchstone cover is pretty messed up still phone works perfectly no cracks or nothing.. But most likely get a new designer back cover when something catches my eye. Honestly I believe the pixi flat form factor save the day...if I had the pre I think I would have broken it.
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    I was not aware that the Pre+ will have a faster processor. Where did you hear this?
    I'm sorry if I wasn't clear. I meant the Pre/Pre+ has a faster processor than the Pix/Pixi+i
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
  11. #31  
    as for the current versions.. The pixi can't do wireless tethering due to the lack of wifi. I use my pre along with the ipod touch to get the best of both worlds.
  12. dusty78's Avatar
    Posts
    77 Posts
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    #32  
    I think a major reason I sold my Pre and bought a Pixi was the fact that the Pixi doesn't really need a case. The Back cover (I have 2 touchstone backs) acts like a case. It's oversized and sturdy. If you drop your pre you can almost be sure to do some damage. The Pixi on the other hand is hard to hurt. If the phone falls flat on the screen you should be ok, the keys and rim of the back cover will protect the screen. I just use a boxwave screen protector and i'm good to go.
  13.    #33  
    Wow thanks for all the feedback guys...really helping out
  14. #34  
    Let us know wat you decide OP
  15. #35  
    I got a Pixi recently, and I don't regret it one bit. I had a Blackberry for years before switching over to Palm, and the transition to the Pixi was virtually seamless. I did consider the Pre, but went with the Pixi because of its (much) better keyboard and it not having a slider form factor. I did try out the Pre at a Sprint store, and I instantly knew it wasn't for me. Go for the Pixi; trust me on this.
  16. #36  
    I've had the Pre for several months, and got a Pixi for my wife a few days ago. I'm really liking her Pixi - thinking about getting one myself. Battery life seems MUCH better than the Pre, and her reception seems to be a little strong as well. I just wish they had kept the same screen resolution, even if the screen was smaller. Seems there is enough room above and below the screen to have included the extra 40 pixels.
  17. miata's Avatar
    Posts
    509 Posts
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by mediaserve View Post
    I've had the Pre for several months, and got a Pixi for my wife a few days ago. I'm really liking her Pixi - thinking about getting one myself. Battery life seems MUCH better than the Pre, and her reception seems to be a little strong as well. I just wish they had kept the same screen resolution, even if the screen was smaller. Seems there is enough room above and below the screen to have included the extra 40 pixels.
    The Pixi has 400 versus Pre with 480 Pixels.
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by miata View Post
    The Pixi has 400 versus Pre with 480 Pixels.
    Oops! Well, I think there could be room for those 80 pixels
  19. sko
    sko is offline
    sko's Avatar
    Posts
    68 Posts
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    #39  
    Yeah I'm really torn between these 2... if Palm would make the Pre thinner it'd be an easy choice, but I see the pre as being a little bulky, and the pixi would be perfect if it could "keep up" with the pre, ya know?
  20. #40  
    If I was to get a WebOS device, it'd be the Pixi for the Static Keyboard.
    Just call me Berd.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions