1.    #1  
    This is a new one for me. Was listening to my Pixi (v 1.3.5) with Pandora on about 60% battery or so, and when I hit the screen sleep button on top it died. Nothing. I held down the top power button and I see a black screen with an white outline of a battery with a ? in the middle.

I plugged in the Pixi to my power cord and I still see the same thing. I have held down the power button to get it to reboot or something, but nothing happens.

I noticed this weekend that my battery, for whatever reason, seemed to die down to almost no power every day or so, wayyyy faster than it has before, so maybe that was a sign that it was on the way out and all I need to do is swap in a new one?

thanks,
    c
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Let it charge for about 10-30 mins till the battery is charged enough for the phone to power on.
  3.    #3  
    Hi helido,

Thanks, I will do that. It has been about 10 or so now, so I will just let it go and see what happens.

I guess I haven't been up on any battery issues that the Pixi's may have been having, is there some? Are there a bunch of bad batteries out there? Might have to stop in the Sprint store and see if I can get a new one for free!!!!
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    coryshubert
    Not sure about battery issues with the pixi. My wife's pixi is only 3 days old now so I have not personally seen any yet. As for the pre it has happen to me a few times where the battery died to the point in which I got the battery icon and it needed 15 mins on the touchstone before the phone just turned back on.

If would give the battery a good cycle before hitting up the sprint store just to be sure. If you still have issues after that I would take the trip in and ask for a new battery.

You mention over the weekend the battery drained faster than normal have your updated webos lately? I know every time I update the pre it takes about 3-5 days before the battery gets back to normal. Only reason I ask is I don't keep good track of when the pixi updates come out and when I brought home the wife's pixi it had an update.
  5.    #5  
    We were in Mexico and this is when I noticed it. I would charge the Pixi up, then it would sit all day on the nightstand, on but not being used, and when I would wake it it would be like on 20%... and that had not happened before. So either being in "International" mode or something was draining it faster, not sure. My wife's Pixi did not have this issue, so it must just be mine.

Still showing the battery icon and it has been an esy half an hour, so things are not looking too good on this battery for me...
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by coryshubert View Post
    We were in Mexico and this is when I noticed it. I would charge the Pixi up, then it would sit all day on the nightstand, on but not being used, and when I would wake it it would be like on 20%... and that had not happened before. So either being in "International" mode or something was draining it faster, not sure. My wife's Pixi did not have this issue, so it must just be mine.

Still showing the battery icon and it has been an esy half an hour, so things are not looking too good on this battery for me...
    Other than letting it charge more you can try removing the battery and putting it back in and trying another charger for giggles. Other than that a trip to the sprint store is in order sorry it wasn't something simple.
  7.    #7  
    Well, I unplugged it, took the case off and popped out the battery, then put it all together and now it is starting up. Seems that it was stuck in some weird lockout loop or something.

It is showing 91% battery power, so... who the heck knows what happened.

I will for sure now watch the power and see how quickly it drains which will be a sign the battery if failing.

Thanks for the suggestions and followup...!
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by coryshubert View Post
    Well, I unplugged it, took the case off and popped out the battery, then put it all together and now it is starting up. Seems that it was stuck in some weird lockout loop or something.

It is showing 91% battery power, so... who the heck knows what happened.

I will for sure now watch the power and see how quickly it drains which will be a sign the battery if failing.

Thanks for the suggestions and followup...!
    NP if you have preware installed you can use the battery monitoring app so you can see how much of the battery per hour your draining. Cool app to figure out if certain settings are causing a huge drain.

Well anyway glad you back up and running and GL with the battery
  9.    #9  
    Good point about the preware app and yes, I have that installed and developer mode in full gear!!! ha ha ha. I love having a Pixi that boots and has all the icons of Mac OSX.. ah, the simple things in life.

Cheers,
    c