Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Well im getting my pixi this thursday and im really exicted!
    Im comeing from the Treo Pro even tho i love it to death i wanted to try
    WebOS. I wanted the Pre but its outdated to me. The only let down i see is no Expandable memory I never used WiFi on the TP so thats not a let down. Are There any more formal TP users who favor the Pixi More than the TP?
    Just to let you know, the Pixi is the lesser version of the "outdated" Pre. Get the Pre if you want more apps and all the features...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontbes View Post
    Well im getting my pixi this thursday and im really exicted!
    Im comeing from the Treo Pro even tho i love it to death i wanted to try
    WebOS. I wanted the Pre but its outdated to me. The only let down i see is no Expandable memory I never used WiFi on the TP so thats not a let down. Are There any more formal TP users who favor the Pixi More than the TP?
    Well, I did the exact same thing last night, switched from a Treo Pro to a Pixi. I don't want the slider on the Pre, never used WiFI on the Pro.

Its only been 1 day so I must concede, I haven't given it a chance yet, so far, I'm regretting my decision...a lot.

How many times will Sprint let me swap out phones?

I'm going to use the Pixi for a couple weeks...and give it a chance...but I have a feeling I'll be buying a Pro again soon.

Plus's: App Store, Future Direction for development, definitely the technology of the future (all Web OS devices).

Minus's: I'm annoyed by lots of little GUI things...and I miss being able to turn the device on with a front button...big time.

Pro is a 'dead end' product...which is why I decided to switch to the Pixi, but man, its far different...so I need to give it time to really make a decision.
    Re vera, potas bene.
    Quote Originally Posted by dorelse View Post

once. as in, you can return the Pixi for one more phone.

.and I miss being able to turn the device on with a front button...big time.
    turn it on or wake it up?

i know for some reason, the location of the power button on the Pixi is far more awkward for me to use than the Pre.
    The Pixi may be newer, but the Pre has better hardware.

If you want to use flash at some point you'll have to switch over the the Pre, it was anounced that the Pixi won't be getting it. Currently the Pre is the only device with the 3D gaming as well, and while it's possible on the Pixi it still doesn't have the same level of software.

What it really comes down to is which do you like better, both are very similar and really the most amazing thing is WebOS. The biggest difference you will see is slider or candybar. I mean besides Flash and games.
    the Pixi will get Flash.

as of now, it won't be getting the 3D games.
    Wow, I was just thinking of getting the pixi and i saw this. I also have a treo pro and i'm just basically getting tired of windows mobile. When you do get your pixi post back your thoughts vs the treo pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by dorelse View Post
    Well, I did the exact same thing last night, switched from a Treo Pro to a Pixi. I don't want the slider on the Pre, never used WiFI on the Pro.

Its only been 1 day so I must concede, I haven't given it a chance yet, so far, I'm regretting my decision...a lot.

I'm going to use the Pixi for a couple weeks...and give it a chance...but I have a feeling I'll be buying a Pro again soon.

Plus's: App Store, Future Direction for development, definitely the technology of the future (all Web OS devices).

Minus's: I'm annoyed by lots of little GUI things...and I miss being able to turn the device on with a front button...big time.

Pro is a 'dead end' product...which is why I decided to switch to the Pixi, but man, its far different...so I need to give it time to really make a decision.
    It really sounds like you should have gotten the Pre to me. One thing that will make your day with the Pre is that you can wake it up with the slider. And it is just soo fun taking it out and just snapping it open! It's almost like the card swipe, because for no logical reason you love doing it!! Another thing is the power button is much easier to use and less awkward to push because it is an actual button and judges out more than the Pixi.
    If you or Dontbes decide to get a Pre make sure to check the date of the build before leaving the shop. If it is from June you might want to try to get another one, because they have a higher percentage of problems. BTW check it by typing ##786# and looking at the Warranty Date and the ReconDate code.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Global Posts
    544 Global Posts
    Judging by your review it sounds like you need to give it time. A lot of the issues you seem to have may be because you're used to your Treo Pro. They use completely different OS's and honestly I don't see how anyone could go for the Pro's experience over anything WebOS.

Just my .02.
    I have the Pre and like it a lot. I bought my daughter a Pixi for Christmas so I have been able to use it as much as I want. If I was buying myself a new phone, I would go for the Pixi over the Pre. I REALLY like the size and weight of the Pixi.

I think you'll love the Pixi!
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Just to let you know, the Pixi is the lesser version of the "outdated" Pre. Get the Pre if you want more apps and all the features...
    thats a bs excuse. all that is missing is wifi. im really sick of people dissing the pixi and calling it a girls phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman View Post
    I have the Pre and like it a lot. I bought my daughter a Pixi for Christmas so I have been able to use it as much as I want. If I was buying myself a new phone, I would go for the Pixi over the Pre. I REALLY like the size and weight of the Pixi.

I think you'll love the Pixi!
    agreed
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    the Pixi will get Flash.
    Are you sure about this, I could've sworn that it was announced at the Palm conference at CES that it will not.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    thats a bs excuse. all that is missing is wifi. im really sick of people dissing the pixi and calling it a girls phone.
    Well I think he might be referring also to the new 3d games available for pre only as well as Flash seemingly coming to the pre first/only. That's not dissing the phone, its just facts. I personally LOVE the pixi form factor but as it stands right now as far as Flash support and 3d games go I'm glad I have my pre. Also his point was more features (wifi - check. bigger screen -check) and more apps (the new 3d games - check, SDL apps from the webos internals team - check) so nothing he said was factually wrong.
    Last edited by jcross22; 01/12/2010 at 08:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    Are you sure about this, I could've sworn that it was announced at the Palm conference at CES that it will not.
    both phones get it next month.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcross22 View Post
    Well I think he might be referring also to the new 3d games available for pre only as well as Flash seemingly coming to the pre first/only. That's not dissing the phone, its just facts. I personally LOVE the pixi form factor but as it stands right now as far as Flash support and 3d games go I'm glad I have my pre. Also his point was more features (wifi - check. bigger screen -check) and more apps (the new 3d games - check, SDL apps from the webos internals team - check) so nothing he said was factually wrong.
    the pre gets the beta only. the pixi gets the final version next month. i posted a link in another thread.
    It was a generalization containing fact. I'm not saying the Pre is better; It depends on the needs of the user. I didn't say it was a girl's phone and was not dissing it. Jcross22 understood my point exactly.

Please don't go around saying the Pixi is just as good as the Pre. You might give people who are shopping around (like the OP) the wrong impression that both phones have the same features and performance. They might get the Pixi because of the form factor alone and later on regret their decision because they thought it was a Pre is a different shell.
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    im sure. every WebOS device is getting Flash and video and whatever else is in 1.4.

the Pixi won't be getting the fancy 3D games.
    Ever since I've had my treo pro i never use the wifi so that doesnt bother me, and I dont need to play 3d games on my phone so the pixi seems like a good choice to me. I'll try it out, but more than likely i'll keep it.
    It's a great phone and all but it is supposed to be the lower-end product in Palm's lineup.. And I missed the whole point of calling it a girls phone, unless you're just insecure about the name of it. And at that point, I think you have bigger issues to deal with...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast