1.    #1  
    Always been a lurker, but now i've run into something warranting a post.

I've done this a million times and for some reason i keep getting an error message when i attempt to install any patches on a friends phone. He is running 1.3.5.1 and the latest pckg mgr, dif, gnu, and preware. I just got done with a hard reset of the phone so it's a clean slate. I installed preware and pm service from WQI 2.96. I attached a screen shot of the error i get when i try to install any patch. Any thoughts? Anything i'm missing here... i'm at a loss. Again i'm not new to this, but this one is a doozy. yes dvpr mode is turned on... and yes i've done all the basic troubleshooting including webos dring the system back to stock.

any thoughts?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    first try rebooting phone and computer they both sometimes just get stuck. if not then, delete webos quick install and download it again and make sure its the newest then open it up and go into file, options and then hit the reinstall novacom driver and try again. if that does not work (make sure dev mode is on too) find and run the epr patch (emergency patch recovery patch) and try again
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    first try rebooting phone and computer they both sometimes just get stuck. if not then, delete webos quick install and download it again and make sure its the newest then open it up and go into file, options and then hit the reinstall novacom driver and try again. if that does not work (make sure dev mode is on too) find and run the epr patch (emergency patch recovery patch) and try again
    already rebooted the phone and computer (that was the second thing i tried), WQI is current and is a fresh install. Dev mode is on, and the phone is literally a clean slate, fresh out of hard reset, so i'm not quite sure what epr will do but i'll certainly give it a shot. Again, the ONLY thing i did since the hard reset is install preware and package mgr and then ran them from the phone after a restart. The error message is the same from the phone and the computer when i try to install a patch from either. Both have been restarted... it's very weird.
    well something is not right just try running the epr and then try again maybe just maybe it will work and it only takes a sec. that error is the same one i have gotten when trying to install a patch that did not uninstall properly i believe . you may have to webos doctor the phone to fix this anyways
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    well did it work out for you?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
  6.    #6  
    nothing... still did the same thing... i'm out of ideas. It has been web dr'ed, reset, restarted, and yelled at for emphesis... its still defying my wishes.. Maybe i just need to wait for a new version of pm or preware to come out
    did you try deleting everthing and starting over? go through and redo everything it could be something did nt completely load like novacom driver. did you reinstall the driver with webos quickinstaller? what r u running on windows what?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    did you try deleting everthing and starting over? go through and redo everything it could be something did nt completely load like novacom driver. did you reinstall the driver with webos quickinstaller? what r u running on windows what?
    I'm using a mac, i'll try another install when i get home... Java is java though, it shouldnt make a difference but i can try it on a pc too i guess... i'll try anything at this point