Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1.    #1  
    Hey, so I am definitely going to buy a pixi once it comes to verizon but I have a dilemma. I don't have an upgrade for a new phone so I would have to pay full retail price, so I am asking all of you, should I buy the pixi at full retail price or wait for an upgrade?
  2. #2  
    Well...do the costs outway the benefits for you? If you're willing to shell out the money, then go for it (however, I'd give the Pre Plus a good look too). Personally I'd wait and see what the FULL retail price is before making a decision lol.
  3. #3  
    depends if you can afford to drop 500 on a phone to get it immediately or if youd rather wait
  4.    #4  
    Do you think it will really be 500? Because the regular pixi you can find brand new on ebay for 250-300 so if I wait a week I bet the pixi plus/pre plus will be on ebay for cheaper than retail price at verizon
  5. #5  
    those prices are from people who bought them on contract and then flipped them for a profit.
  6. #6  
    but still, even if they bought them then flipped for a profit 99 dollar on contract plus 200$ early termination fee.. it doesnt make sense..
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Schwaggitude
    Really good site, Pm me for details
  7.    #7  
    They probably just kept their other phone and didn't terminate their contract.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by bhannkb View Post
    Do you think it will really be 500? Because the regular pixi you can find brand new on ebay for 250-300 so if I wait a week I bet the pixi plus/pre plus will be on ebay for cheaper than retail price at verizon
    Well, I would check on the Pre+ too. As some people are noting, the Pixi seems to be left out of a few of the updates that have been announced. That being said it will likely get flash support and 3D game support later, but for the time being you won't get any of these features. I would get a Pixi+ personally as it will have WiFi and it looks like more RAM too. But definitely look at the Pre+. Engadget basically said Pre+ is better than Droid and Nexus One and may become verizon's new flag ship device.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
  9.    #9  
    If I had a brand new Blackberry storm, still in box, could I trade that in for a Pixi? Does anyone know if this would work or would they just reject it?
  10. #10  
    You might be able to sell the brand new Blackberry storm on eBay. Look to see what they might go for. Perhaps you can have that sold before 1/25! If you buy it outright, make sure your ETF does not go up. I understand that the Verizon ETF for smartphone plans is going to be $350. It would be a shame to have to pay that if you didn't get the advantage of buying a smartphone handset.

    Lastly, since it looks like you are wanting to upgrade early now, if Sprint service is good in your area and your current ETF is not too high, you could get a Pre on Sprint with a $70/month plan and be eligible for Sprint Premier status in 3 months. (Sprint Premier means you will be able to upgrade your phone after 1 year instead of two. The 1 year upgrade is only for the phone on the primary line.)
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions