Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    well i know for a fact thats false the pre does but the pixis is weaker
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by youslippin View Post
    maybe you should do more reading.. im still waiting for you to tell me where did you read that the pixi has the same chipset as the iphone and it's gpu is better than the iphone..
    i read it on here, look it up. im talking about adobe flash, not a camera flash. it has been said many times that BOTH the pre and pixi will get the FINAL adobe flash player next month. the pre only gets the beta. my god this forum is worse than ppcgeeks with winmo.
    but what is the pixis gpu like? I have used both and the pixi seems just as fast but when the gpu is unlocked to the ui of the pre I bet that will change things.
    people didnlt really know the distinguishing factors until recently when the 3d games were released.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    but what is the pixis gpu like? I have used both and the pixi seems just as fast but when the gpu is unlocked to the ui of the pre I bet that will change things.
    people didnlt really know the distinguishing factors until recently when the 3d games were released.
    i read on engaget some where, ill have to look that the pixi's gpu is better than the iphone. i also read that the pixi has the equivalent to the iphones cpu and of course the pre's is superior to both.
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    i read it on here, look it up. im talking about adobe flash, not a camera flash. it has been said many times that BOTH the pre and pixi will get the FINAL adobe flash player next month. the pre only gets the beta. my god this forum is worse than ppcgeeks with winmo.

huh? I never even mentioned camera flash.

Truth of the matter, nobody but palm knows if Flash is coming next month to the pixi.

He said this about video recording - "Free to ALL WebOS Customers"

He said this about flash "Available to all PRE Customers next month.."

citing a message board as a source is like citing wikipedia.
  6.    #26  
    and heres the link stating that ALL webos devices including the pixi get adobe flash & video in feb.

Video recording coming to all webOS devices in February (updated: Flash, too!) -- Engadget

looks like were getting mms too.
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    ummm i just read that the pixi has the same cpu as the iphone 3g.
    Nope: http://images1.pocket-lint.com/image...alm-pixi-2.jpg
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  8.    #28  
    oh well, im just happy to get flash, mms and video.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    i am not sure why you guys arguing something over webos. we should be sticking up for each other and figure out what the hell is going on. I happen to own a pre but i do understand where pixi owners might be upset. Flash and video camera pixi should def have as jon has stated, but will it handle 3d gaming? do both have the same chipset? i am not sure but also pixi has smaller screen than pre does. i wouldn't really bet on 3d gaming but gaming should be fine as to any webos users. there is no need to argue. we are here for palm and their products that are successful!
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by havatampa View Post
    i am not sure why you guys arguing something over webos. we should be sticking up for each other and figure out what the hell is going on. I happen to own a pre but i do understand where pixi owners might be upset. Flash and video camera pixi should def have as jon has stated, but will it handle 3d gaming? do both have the same chipset? i am not sure but also pixi has smaller screen than pre does. i wouldn't really bet on 3d gaming but gaming should be fine as to any webos users. there is no need to argue. we are here for palm and their products that are successful!
    yeah both the pre & pixi get flash and video, mms. but gaming on the pixi will have to wait until devs make some i guess. im not arguing i was just stating what i read. you know how people get on the internet.
    I love the pixi form factor and would love it if palm made a wifi pixi for sprint with more ram and a faster gpu. But I'm glad the pixi is avaiable it's a great entry level device jk.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    @flixxer - shut up already. you seem to just want to argue. Stop flaming your own posts by trying to just be right on every point you make. And 'entry level device' doesn't mean it's for simpletons or airheads, it also means AFFORDABLE! the Centro was an entry level device because it was "under $100" & had a desirable form factor for a wider range of people.

I'm glad you enjoy your Pixi, I enjoy my Pre -just because YOU don't like the Pre's form factor does not mean it is "far more bulky", it isn't FAR more bulky so stop exaggerating....especially when you complain about other people exaggerating their Pre/Pixi information.

So you like your crap, good for you, it doesn't mean it doesn't stink. Get over it & stop purposely trying to argue, it's freaking annoying.
    its hardware is capable, i believe 3D game delay is only a problem with screen resolution.

yes, it should work.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    ok right now as it is, the pixi is entry level for sure. The unit does not utilize all of it's arsenal. It has great potential and I'm sure all the tech savvy folks know that the hardware for pixi is very comparable with the iphone3g if not better but not the iphone3gs or pre.
    basically the pixi's future depends on palm development and dedication to it on releasing it's potential to make it more than a entry level device.
    off topic: im a guy, and my hands are fairly large, will i have a hard time typing?I think its an entry level phone, but a very powerful one at that.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    I'm 6' foot guy with big hands and believe me when I say that you will love the keyboard.. Screen I wish it was bigger but it's ok. Btw I had the pre but I hated the flip design to type. Can't do it on a whim like the pixi. And I rarely use wifi since like all cells we are on the road most of the time. But at home or hot spot wifi was pretty keen but nothing I couldn't live without with on a phone.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    actually the Pixi processor stock CPU is running at 600mhz the same as the pre(though benchmark test shows the pre stock at 500mhz) and the pixi has the same GPU as the pre. The games should run fine on a pixi, the hold up as noted prior is due to the screen size. Its not hard to port over though, thanks to WEB OS being able to resize for developers. They just have to produce its own seperate SDK kit for the pixi which i heard they are.
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    The Pixi is entry-level in name alone. The only thing that the Pre does that Pixi doesn't is WiFi. Other then that, it matches Pre feature for feature: WebOS, GPU, capacitive touch, GPS, Bluetooth, etc. The processor may not be as powerful (it's still 600Mhz and not underclocked) nor the camera as high a resolution, etc. but really, what is it that the Pixi can't do that the Pre can other than WiFi? Have more cards open?

A better question would be what makes the Pre a "flagship" device on Palm's current line? The only big difference is WiFi. How does this make the Pixi 'entry-level'?

Sorry but I'm going to have to side with the OP. Yes Palm markets it as 'entry-level' but Palm can just as easily market the current Sprint Pre as 'entry-level' after the second-generation Pre comes out.
    Last edited by RafRol; 01/09/2010 at 06:12 PM.
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    whoa whoa please note the following:
    palm pixi and iphone 3g are armv6 processors with pixi with a higher clock speed.
    also pixi has a graphic gpu that's not POWERVR where as iphone 3g does.

palm pre and iphone 3gs have the new cortex processor with the newer POWERVR gpu.

pixi's potential basically depends on palm's hands.

all info of tech specs can be found on wiki and google.
    Quote Originally Posted by RafRol View Post
    The Pixi is entry-level in name alone. The only thing that the Pre does that Pixi doesn't is WiFi. Other then that, it matches Pre feature for feature: WebOS, GPU, capacitive touch, GPS, Bluetooth, etc. The processor may not be as powerful (it's still 600Mhz and not underclocked) nor the camera as high a resolution, etc. but really, what is it that the Pixi can't do that the Pre can other than WiFi? Have more cards open?

A better question would be what makes the Pre a "flagship" device on Palm's current line? The only big difference is WiFi. How does this make the Pixi 'entry-level'?

Sorry but I'm going to have to side with the OP. Yes Palm markets it as 'entry-level' but Palm can just as easily market the current Sprint Pre as 'entry-level' after the second-generation Pre comes out.
    I know you Pixi guys/girls are a bit upset about being put on the backburner for now, but trying so hard to make your phone seem better then it is is further embarrassing. You just have to sit back and wait. Can your phone handle games? I'm sure it can. After all, it is comparable to the last model of the iphones (3G). But, Palm isn't making games for you guys at the moment (Screen resolution differences between the Pixi and iphone game ports definitely does not help). Is that the right choice for Palm to make? I wish I could say 'no'; But because of the many differences between the Pre and Pixi hardware, the only logical thing to do was develop on one platform (the Pre). Why waste time basically doing the same thing twice, when they could focus on the flagship device and have more things to show at CES?

As far as the Pixi being the "entry level" device, it is. Palm said it is. Not that being entry level is really a bad thing. The Pixi is a Pre with lower performance parts. It's the same kind of thing with cars. Let's use a Chevy Camaro as an example. The Pre is the top of the line, souped-up Camaro SS model. The Pixi is the six-cylinder base model. One obviously has much better performance and is more fun to drive than the other, but the person who bought the six-cylinder base model bought it because that was all he/she needs.

Everyone had access to a good deal of info about specifications for the Pre and Pixi before they purchased them. If you bought a Pixi hoping it would be just as nice as the Pre, that's your mistake. But I'm sure you Pixi guys will get your fair share of games as well.

Last edited by Garrett92C; 01/10/2010 at 02:14 AM.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast