Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. puggo63
    Why aren't we Sprint customers getting those phones to upgrade to? Is Palm planning to leave Sprint?
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    My guess is Sprint will be getting a Pre 2 this coming spring/summer. If that's the case then why worry about Pre/Pixi Plus when I'm sure Pre 2 will be tons better.
    +1
    im thinking palm might have used us by releasing the pre to get a homebrew community started and is going to keep making devices to take advantage of it
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by puggo63 View Post
    Why aren't we Sprint customers getting those phones to upgrade to? Is Palm planning to leave Sprint?
    Palm need's as many carriers as it can get. They're not leaving Sprint.
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
    maybe Verizon wanted something different that sprints so palm did a half *** job on a "new phone"

I think sprint will be getting the exclusive to the pre 2.
    Treo 700wx > Treo 755p > Treo 800w > IPhone 3g > Treo Pro > Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    i dont want a pre plus, but a pre with no oreo effect would be nice
    When Palm launched their 1st Windows Mobile Treo, the Treo 700w, it was launched on Verizon. A few months later Palm launched the Treo 700wx on Sprint. It's just how it goes with carriers.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    I felt a little down at first when hearing about the plus versions on Verizon. But the more I thought about it, its probably a good thing for us. The phone needed to be different to make a good impression on its Verizon launch. Doing the same phone would be stale and noone wants to buy something that is 6 months old. They want new, exclusive features. It is good for all of us if Palm sells more phones. More phones means better apps for all of us. Good for you Palm!

I hope Pre 2 comes to Sprint. I'll be getting it on launch day just like I did Pre 1.

I will add that if Palm starts sending out OS updates to the Plus models even a day earlier than ours, I will be ****ed and leave altogether.
    For me it is about the plan prices. Sprint has a better deal for me than T-Mobile ever will. So, they might have a better device every now and then. Still doesn't warrant enough for me to change. Then again, i did buy an iPod touch just to get some of those apple apps. XD
    First and only Palm device (thus far): Handspring Visor Prism w/ Sprint PCS Digital Link.
    Other smartphones: Hitachi G1000 w/Pharos Pocket GPS Navigator, and T-Mobile/Sharp Sidekick/Hiptop 2008 (if you call it a smartphone).
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    How you know sprint wouldn't get them and the only difference is 16GB storage and nothing else.
    ...that and the Pixi+ will have wifi and the Pre+ will act as a wifi router, and slightly longer talk time. Oh and the touchstone back cover will be included evidently.
    sometimes I regret having Sprint, but I guess I cannot explain because this is my first smartphone...
    I have yet to regret being on Sprint. They have the cheapest plans, the best features (free GPS, free SprintTV, free NFL, unlimited mobile to mobile calling, etc.). When I compare TRUE prices of what it would cost for me to move to Verizon, the difference is staggering.

I am lucky as the Sprint coverage where I am is stellar. And Greensboro, NC is one of the 4G areas they decided to test in, so if a 4G phone ever does show, I am soo ready.
    I don't understand why anyone on Sprint is even remotely envious of Verizon.

Palm Pre vs Palm Pre Plus
    • Plus has additional 8GB of storage
    • Plus has additional 256MB RAM
    • Plus has a center button like Pixi's center button
    • Plus can't use Yahoo! Messenger in Messaging app (*)

Palm Pixi vs Palm Pixi Plus
    • Plus has wifi
    • Plus can't use Yahoo! Messenger in Messaging app (*)

IMHO, none of those are worth the $1350 additional TCO of going to Verizon. Wifi is a useful difference. But IMHO it's still not worth $1350 additional TCO of using Verizon.

Is there something that I'm missing?

(*) According to: Buy Palm Phones and Accessories : Palm Store USA, click on "Compare Phone"
    Twitter: dullgeek
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    i think the plus isn't all that compared to our pre...it just added a couple tweaks here and there..8gb is enough for me...plus we'll still get the updates (1.4, flash, video camera) i can't complain plus Verizon charges up the **** for their plans too..sprint IMO has the best plans to date...
    Personally, I really wish the pre had more storage, 16GB would be awesome, 32GB would be better. the Pre should have had 16GB out of the box, but I can deal with 8GB for now. It's even more muddy for me since I'm on Bell in Canada, who know's if/when we'll even get the plus here, and if Bell or Telus will get it.
  17. Vij
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wunderbar View Post
    Personally, I really wish the pre had more storage, 16GB would be awesome, 32GB would be better. the Pre should have had 16GB out of the box, but I can deal with 8GB for now. It's even more muddy for me since I'm on Bell in Canada, who know's if/when we'll even get the plus here, and if Bell or Telus will get it.
    Agreed. I've been quite disappointed about Bell's (lack of) knowledge on the Pre they sell. I doubt us Canucks are getting the Plus models but I'm really hoping that we'd be included when the Pre 2 surfaces.
  18. puggo63
    Hopefully us at Sprint will get new designs of Palm phones because in cell phone years, the Pre's design is prehistoric now.
    This is not doomsday news:
    The extra memory might be nice but I certainly haven't needed it so far. Fixing the slider would be nice but I can last another half year on Sprint and I'm sure there will be Pre+ or a Pre2 on Sprint by then! (Even then, I might not upgrade right away if the Pre still does what I need.)

This is good news:
    Verizon needs some "love" to generate "market buzz" and the minor updates will do exactly that. More users mean a larger market for app developers to sell into, and this means more and better apps!
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Anything that keeps Palm alive & making money, and grows the developer community is a huge win for all Palm phone owners...this model 'leap frogging' is just the way its going to be...6 mos from now, the Verizon palm owners will say the same thing about those of us on Sprint when their new models are released.

More carriers = good things for all of us!
    Re vera, potas bene.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast