Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mu7efcer View Post
    Palm Pixi vs Palm Pixi Plus
    • Plus can't use Yahoo! Messenger in Messaging app (*)

This is almost too weird to believe, even though I verified the link. Why in the world would anybody do something this stupid? Seriously Why?

I was ready to swtch to Verizon on Monday to get a Pixi Plus. Since all the folks at work use Yahoo Messinger this could be a showstopper.
    From what I see, it looks like a few small tweaks to the phones and a more expensive plan is what you get with the plus versions of our phones. Do you think the plus might kick app development for the Pixi into high gear? I am still cheesed that the sales guy told me the phone could do the same things just the Pixi was the new incantation of the Pre. Remind me to ignore the sales people.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Well rumors are which makes sense is that palms making a new device for sprint for Q3 or early Q4 something very nice too. Also for Evil Llama yes the pixi is getting flash, and games too they just have to implement a different SDK kit for it which takes some time because though the pixi uses a different chip its essential just as powerful as a pre. Also neither GPU chip in the pixi or pre's have been utilized fully yet, we all hope thats what 1.4 will bring.
    Quote Originally Posted by piaband View Post
    I will add that if Palm starts sending out OS updates to the Plus models even a day earlier than ours, I will be ****ed and leave altogether.
    It's the carriers that release the updates, not Palm. Palm updates the OS and then the carriers control when it is released. If Verizon gets an update out earlier than Sprint does, either Sprint got lazy or Verizon worked harder to get it out earlier or there were technical delays of some sort.

That said, WebOS doctor makes it pretty damn easy to flash your phone so you could probably just pull the new version of WebOS off the internets and try to install it yourself. If you screw up, just reflash.
    Motorola Razr -> Palm Centro -> HTC Touch Pro2 -> Palm Pre -> Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Llama View Post
    From what I see, it looks like a few small tweaks to the phones and a more expensive plan is what you get with the plus versions of our phones. Do you think the plus might kick app development for the Pixi into high gear? I am still cheesed that the sales guy told me the phone could do the same things just the Pixi was the new incantation of the Pre. Remind me to ignore the sales people.
    Sales people are idiots who don't know a damn thing about the products they're selling.
    Motorola Razr -> Palm Centro -> HTC Touch Pro2 -> Palm Pre -> Motorola Droid
    The extra memory makes a big deal:

http://www.precentral.net/palm-pre-p...tasking-mayhem

Maybe no one needs more than 13 apps/cards open at a time. But if Sprint had the plus, I'd be in there right now re-upping. Instead, I'll wait some more with my trusty Centro!
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    While trying to chase down a Pre touchstone back cover for the recent Radio Shack sale, i went to 7 different Sprint corporate stores ( no exaggeration). No luck; each one was sold out.One rep actually tried to direct ship one from the warehouse and told me some surprising info. He said that the item was no longer in the system. He was surprised and scratched his head. I hope that means the Pre Plus is coming soon to Sprint (i.e. no reason to sell covers when phones will come with them.) i don't know why Sprint customers got shafted and forced to buy an accessory that everyone else gets with their phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by magneto198 View Post
    While trying to chase down a Pre touchstone back cover for the recent Radio Shack sale, i went to 7 different Sprint corporate stores ( no exaggeration). No luck; each one was sold out.One rep actually tried to direct ship one from the warehouse and told me some surprising info. He said that the item was no longer in the system. He was surprised and scratched his head. I hope that means the Pre Plus is coming soon to Sprint (i.e. no reason to sell covers when phones will come with them.) i don't know why Sprint customers got shafted and forced to buy an accessory that everyone else gets with their phones.
    How can you call it being shafted when we got our phone 9 mos before big red.
    Definitely worth getting mine 9 mos early over the cost of a t/s back.

Only advantage to the +for me is nothing! I dont need the extra space especially since I now have zumodrive and jasons working on the dropbox api recently released. As far as the 256mb ram I have the 800mhz uber kernal and like I said I got my t/s back cover 9 mos before the Vs.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Didn't Palm massively overproduce the Sprint version of the Pre, such that there are hundreds of thousands of them in a warehouse somewhere? I can imagine they want to sell as many of those as they can before they start offering a new version...

That's my theory anyway. The difference between the Pre and Pre Plus is not ground breaking enough to justify the obsolescence of that much inventory.
    Quote Originally Posted by zorinlynx View Post
    Didn't Palm massively overproduce the Sprint version of the Pre, such that there are hundreds of thousands of them in a warehouse somewhere? I can imagine they want to sell as many of those as they can before they start offering a new version...

That's my theory anyway. The difference between the Pre and Pre Plus is not ground breaking enough to justify the obsolescence of that much inventory.
    The difference is great enough that there is simply NO WAY I would go back to a Pre after owning a Pre Plus.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RafRol View Post
    Palm need's as many carriers as it can get. They're not leaving Sprint.
    the question is not will palm leave sprint, but does sprint still want palm after getting its brains beaten in on the pre/pixi debacle.
    Man, I hope Sprint gets the Pixi Plus by August. I'll still get the regular flavor even if they don't have it.

I'm switching from a Pre to a Pixi, love both phones but I gotta have that Pixi footprint.
    cheeks1958 - just did it myself, and not looking back. LOVING the pixi.
    arent they basically the same phone anyways?! (the pixi plus and pixi)
    Quote Originally Posted by jess_blalock0312 View Post
    arent they basically the same phone anyways?! (the pixi plus and pixi)
    Pixi Plus has wifi.
    well, if the Pre2 will have all of the functionality as we are used to with our 1st gen Palm Pre, and add an additional 32g of storage, at least a 1gHz chip, flash 10.1 at minimum, I'll be at Sprint launch day too!!
    Any reason Palm couldn't add a faster chip, flash 10.1 to the Pixi AND give it a new name?

Does the faster chip take more space and need more/bigger battery?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12