1.    #1  
    so will we get a different version than pre users because we get no flash or will we get nothing?
    You'll get video recording and other things I'm sure
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    You'll get video recording and other things I'm sure
    we better, that's for sure. i don"t see why we cannot have flash right now? the phone is not that slow at all. there are ancient pocket pc's that run flash with winmo for gods sake.
    Pixi doesnt get flash or the 3D games i think D:
    LG Rumor -> HTC Touch -> Palm Pixi -> Palm Pre+ (if they ever bring it to Sprint)
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by kirk0625 View Post
    Pixi doesnt get flash or the 3D games i think D:
    for now, im sure in time it will, no reason we can't.
    why are you surprised the pixi is the weaker phone why would palm make the weak phone as good as the big dog
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Yeah if older weaker phones can handle Flash no reason Pixi couldn't. But if we're not getting the same stuff in webOS 1.4 as Pre then lets hope they give us at least something extra.
    Once again, Balls.
    I guess the thing is, can those same old phones handle Flash 10? I still feel like I'm getting jipped but i hope they bring out a scaled back version, or whatever they need to do to port it to the Pixi.
    LG Rumor -> HTC Touch -> Palm Pixi -> Palm Pre+ (if they ever bring it to Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    we better, that's for sure. i don"t see why we cannot have flash right now? the phone is not that slow at all. there are ancient pocket pc's that run flash with winmo for gods sake.
    It's not ready, which is why no one has it right now. No one has said "Pixi will not get Flash"... Be patient
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
    Flash to me isnt necessarily a deal breaker, i mean the screen size doesnt really compliment flash very well. Second I do think video and games should be included for pixi users, i mean to take a feature like video recording which can be found on the most entry level of phones is quiet lame. And then it would be financially unsmart to not allow games to pixi users because thats more possible app money, which palm could use, more money. I just dont think palm is in a position to screw its customers, for a company wanting to come back as a industry leader.
    I'll settle for better memory management & less lag when interacting with multiple cards. Regardless, smartphones aren't (quite) ready to handle flash in a satisfactory manner - hence the beta tag - And suffering flash advertisements...? No thank you.
  13. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    I'm sorry, where has it been expressly said that the Pixi won't get flash?
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    I have to agree with all the level-headed pixi users that posted on this thread. The pixi will just need to wait a bit more than the Pre. Btw that PCMag says it all.. Pixi is later, Pre is now. Flash beta on Pre.. maybe final release with Pixi included.

If u guys remember the 1.3.5 update, it provided two different graphic core updates - one for the OMAP Cortex and other was for plain jane-opengl (if i remember correctly)? Im not sure if the Flash 10.1 is utilizing any similar traits as the 3D games side with the graphic core coding...
    Most of these new 3d games are utilizing the newer OMAP PowerVR driven graphic core.. I may be completely wrong since im not a developer or anything but I think highly likely. But remember that Iphone 3G and the newer 3GS both use PowerVR type GPUs (with the 3GS using a newer version with support for openGl 2.0).

Also it is correct that the Pixi is using a ARMv6 class processor (Qualcomm MSM7627) just like the Iphone 3G (armv6) but you need to also note that the GPU the Pixi is utilizing is something newer and compatible with Open GL 2.0 (just like the Pre/Iphone 3GS but not PowerVR). It is only a matter of time before Pixi should get some Flash and 3d game capabilities with its own dedicated GPU and coding.

.. Ok Iphone 3g run on ARMv6 (Samsung 1176JZ(F)-S with dedicated GPU PowerVR. Mostly all the 3D games and apps on Iphone 3GS runs on the Iphone 3G because the GPU and graphics coding is for PowerVR (they didn't have to change anything.) And this goes back to the new 3D games for the Pre.. Pre uses the same PowerVR GPU as the Iphone 3GS and developers probably didn't have to change much..

So Pre has two nutts.. pixi has 1?? LOL..
    Please move all webOS 1.4 anticipation discussion to this thread:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ight=webOS+1.4

- Craig