1.    #1  
    I figured this was the best place to ask.

My current phone (T-Mobile Sidekick 2008), is always connected to AIM and Yahoo, with Yahoo conversations being about 60 messages a day, aim is rarely used. One of the two emails gets them as soon as they are sent, the other one is checked every half hour. I do some light web browsing on it, in the neighborhood of 1MB or so a day. I also send and receive about 20-40 texts a day. Very light tty/relay usage. No calls ever sent or received. And with no wifi, no gps, and bluetooth turned off.

With the current configuration I have a battery charge that lasts me about 4 or so days per charge.
    (If I install facebook my battery life goes to daily charging, installing twitter drops it down even more)

I've been reading here that battery time on the pixi is poor but marginally better than the pre, but was wondering with my setup if I would get similar-ish results as my sidekick?

If the answer isn't known, and I do end up getting a pixi, I'll post my results here.
    I get a full day out of my battery. I use facebook, twitter, send about 50 texts a day, and have 5 email accounts 2 that push and 3 that check every hour, I surf probabaly an hour or so a day. I hope that helps you.
    With moderate use of the Pixi on the weekends i get through the whole day, and then charge at night. But during the weekdays while I'm at school my Battery drops from 100 percent to 20 percent. (School last between 9 am to 3:40 pm.) But i believe it's the way my school is built or what they have in the school to make my phone keep struggling for a signal. So it may vary.
    With a decent signal, listening to music (mp3's on the phone, not streamed), sending texts via sms, gtalk, aim, and having 2 different email accounts being checked 2-3 times an hour, and maybe browsing a website or two...I can get around 7-8 hours of use before battery is dead. With what you do, you're probably looking at a day, maybe day and a half at most.

I don't understand why people don't charge their phone when they go to bed? LI batteries do well when charged often.
  5.    #5  
    Personal preference I suppose, that and not having to hassle with plugging it in every night. I know, not that hard. It just something I've grown to like. I suppose if I had something like the touchstone it wouldn't be as bad.
    Was just a point of comparison for me. I am forgetful.

Thanks for the replies everyone. :3
    Touchstone is very convenient when at home. I hated plugging in that stupid charger. The only thing that sucks about the TS is that it can't hold a 100% charge while on the TS.
  7.    #7  
    Really can't charge all the way on touchstone? That seems rather odd..
    Does it charge to 100% and drop down to 95% then back up? Or, does it just turn off completely and just keep draining the battery?
    First and only Palm device (thus far): Handspring Visor Prism w/ Sprint PCS Digital Link.
    Other smartphones: Hitachi G1000 w/Pharos Pocket GPS Navigator, and T-Mobile/Sharp Sidekick/Hiptop 2008 (if you call it a smartphone).
    Quote Originally Posted by Miyabina View Post
    Really can't charge all the way on touchstone? That seems rather odd..
    Does it charge to 100% and drop down to 95% then back up? Or, does it just turn off completely and just keep draining the battery?
    It charges to 100%, but if you leave on overtime, it drops. It's weird.
    Quote Originally Posted by webosuser View Post
    With a decent signal, listening to music (mp3's on the phone, not streamed), sending texts via sms, gtalk, aim, and having 2 different email accounts being checked 2-3 times an hour, and maybe browsing a website or two...I can get around 7-8 hours of use before battery is dead. With what you do, you're probably looking at a day, maybe day and a half at most.

Doing the same thing, with 1.3.5.1, I can get over 8 hours, possibly 9. Definitely better battery life in the latest update, although the phone does reset occasionally more often than before, usually when music is playing.
    anyone notice a significant improvement in idle battery life? I usually go to bed with a full charge and wake up 7 hours later @ 75 percent. Lately i've been waking up to 88 percent.
    With light usage I can go 2 days on a charge. My definition of light usage is probably pretty similar to yours, maybe heavier. I play games on it but rarely surf the web so it's hard to say how that compares.
    my phone holds a 100% charge on the touchstone...not sure why it's different than yours, webosuser.

and i'd say I have a similar usage to you, and I get a day and a half to 2 days out of my battery.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Hey Miyabina,

I just switched from an LG Voyager to the Pixi Plus and I was concerned about the battery life. With the LG I could go a minimum of 3 days with texting, Internet and phone calls. It looks like I should be able to make it through work and into the evening on a single charge. Its a pain to charge every night, but the enhanced functionality is well worth it.