1.    #1  
    Hi all,

I'm anticipating the Pixi on Verizon any time now. I'm loading up on accessories for the new phone; I have the Touchstone back cover and two of the pucks already at my house. I'm thinking about a third for my desk at work and another one for the car.

I'm wondering what most of you are using for carrying the Pixi? I know there are a ton of universal pouches that the Pixi will fit in, but I was hopefull that there would be a clip or holster that would showcase how small and light the form factor is on the Pixi.

I realize it is small enough to carry in my pocket, and I may just end up doing that. I have had 3 BlackBerrys over the last few years, and carrying any of them in my pocket was crazy. Much too big and heavy.

I have found very little truly dedicated to the Pixi. The smallest and best I have seen so far is one by Monaco. I can't post links yet, as this is my first post.

Does anyone have an expierience with it? Or maybe you can suggest a different one.

Thanks,

Rob
    I don't use any type of case. It's durable enough for me to just keep in my pocket.

Enjoy your Pixi!
    touchstone backcover + screen protector= pocket all the way.
    body glove rear cover and my pocket
    phantomskinz and my pocket..
    no case, no screen protector, pocket
    Quote Originally Posted by kellyfrom702 View Post
    phantomskinz and my pocket..
    same only invisible shield on mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by misterpepper View Post
    Same here... I just slip it in my front pants pocket. In my car, I have a Touchstone that I use to charge it.
    cohoman

Palm Apps:

jVault and jChecklist
    Quote Originally Posted by misterpepper View Post
    same
    I use this. And it fits perfectly. It's from the Touch Pro I believe.

I just use my purse pocket, but I was three seconds away from buying this one, which protects the phone and has a belt clip. I don't know how easy it is to get the phone in and out so you can use it with your Touchstone though...

http://store.precentral.net/mobi-pro...4A123A6275.htm
    ~Annie

I heart my Pixi
  12.    #12  
    Thanks for all the replies.

I figured that most of you were just throwing it in a pocket. With the touchstone back and screen saver, the phone looks fairly well protected.

Thanks,

Rob
    Quote Originally Posted by crewcabrob View Post
    Thanks for all the replies.

I figured that most of you were just throwing it in a pocket. With the touchstone back and screen saver, the phone looks fairly well protected.

Thanks,

Rob
    If you can, the case I showed above that I use I highly recommend. The inside is lined with a nice microfiber cloth like fabric that is very soft. The phone is a perfect fit and size. I'll take a picture for you in a bit. You'll never get rubbing marks from going in and out. I'm also on the touchstone back too.
    I keep the plastic that came on the front, and the case that came with the phone, and its at home in my pocket. Btw, January 25th for Verizon Pixi Plus.
    LG Rumor -> HTC Touch -> Palm Pixi -> Palm Pre+ (if they ever bring it to Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by kirk0625 View Post
    I keep the plastic that came on the front, and the case that came with the phone, and its at home in my pocket. Btw, January 25th for Verizon Pixi Plus.
    Pixi didn't come with a case...
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    Pixi didn't come with a case...
    I meant the battery door. I was tempted to buy the touchstone one, but i stuck with the stock one.
    LG Rumor -> HTC Touch -> Palm Pixi -> Palm Pre+ (if they ever bring it to Sprint)
  17.    #17  
    I ordered some of the clear plastic screen stuff for the front. I already have the touchstone back cover. I figure between the two of those, it will last a year or more in fairly good shape.

I'm still going to look at cases when the new device arrives. I need an alternate method to carry the device besides a pocket. Ths is still the one I am looking at as it holds the device vertically:

ww.wirelessground.com/pixivertblack.html

I had to delete one of the "w"s off the front of the link because I can't post links yet.

I will have to wait and see if Verizon releases any accessories for the device when it launches.

Thanks,

Rob
    One more vote for Invisible Shield, factory back cover (will be a plain Touchstone back whenever I get around to buying one), and a front pants pocket. The BlackBerry Curve (work phone) goes right next to it in the same pocket.
    I will NEVER use a screen protector or any body protection for that matter that requires a liquid solution to apply it. Spraying your electronic phone riddled with water damage stickers is just flat out stupid, IMO.

There IS however, a new screen protector company out, that requires no solution, and the pieces are washable, and reusable as well.

go Bare, iPhone go Bare Protection, BlackBerry go Bare Protection, iPod go Bare Protection, LG go Bare Protection, HTC go Bare Protection

I'm sure they'll have something for Palm soon. You can even email them and tell them you'll test the pieces as a beta user, may get your phone protected for free (for the first person, or few, that inquire, idk..)
    I used the 'factory' screen shield for a month or so. Because it's a harder plastic, it retains scratches and was pretty well finished by then. I now use the 'Phantom Skin + bareback' approach. It's great. Probably the most pocketable phone ever. If you were so inclined, I'd bet it would even fit in a bathing suit pocket.

On the issue of elastomeric films, be aware that Invisishield is significantly thicker than Phantom. Both have their advantages. I have Invisishield on my Nokias and Phantom on the Pixi. Because the Pixi has lower mass, I believe the thinner skin will be fine. Plus, Phantom ships the films two at a time.