Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21
  1. ETjumps's Avatar
    Posts
    48 Posts
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
       #1  
    Has anyone had any luck getting my tether to work on pixi?
  2. #2  
    I'm curious if somebody else has. I haven't been able to.
  3. #3  
    Works for me. I used it for a while on 1.3.1 with the free version of My Tether. Now I'm on 1.3.5.1 and have the paid version and it works too. I use it over Bluetooth.

    What doesn't work in your case? Also, you might want to try the My Tether forum: My Tether.
  4. #4  
    What is this thing anyway?
  5. ETjumps's Avatar
    Posts
    48 Posts
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
       #5  
    Thanks, glad to hear it works. My Tether is a program to use your phone as a modem to use evdo to connect laptop to internet.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister View Post
    What is this thing anyway?
    It's a doodad that allows you to connect to the interwebs, or something.
  7. #7  
    Have you tried USB tethering?

    Quote Originally Posted by jniemasik View Post
    Works for me. I used it for a while on 1.3.1 with the free version of My Tether. Now I'm on 1.3.5.1 and have the paid version and it works too. I use it over Bluetooth.

    What doesn't work in your case? .
  8. #8  
    I haven't triedi t. I heard that it doesn't work on Macs, and besides, Bluetooth tethering works fine for me.
  9. #9  
    Is it possible to use any of these tethering programs on Snow Leopard to tether a macbook to a Pixi WITHOUT having to install the stuff that allows you to use homebrew app? I'd really like to be able to tether my macbook occasionally to the Pixi without messing with the system of the pixi....if it's doable of course
  10. #10  
    jniemasik - how did you get the Bluetooth to work? I'm struggling with getting my computer to communicate with the pixi properly. I've paird with Bluetooth, set up a Personal Area Network and then the only options I get on my computer are to use the connection for phone or audio purposes. It doesn't seem to create an open connection between the two devices. Any tips would be appreciated.
    J.
    Palm, Palm III, Palm Vx, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Treo 755p, and Palm Pixi
  11. #11  
    I can't say unfortunately because tethering has stopped working for me. Not sure if it's 1.4 or what. I'm on the latest donor version.
  12. #12  
    I keep getting a message that says the location does not contian information for your device when I try to install. I think it's a conflict with novocom. How can I fix it?
  13. #13  
    You need to download and install a new file from the website to be compatible with the 1.4 update. Im running it on my pre and my wifes pixi with great success.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by nosduj View Post
    You need to download and install a new file from the website to be compatible with the 1.4 update. Im running it on my pre and my wifes pixi with great success.
    HELP - I have been trying for SO LONG to get USBnet working. I have installed the MyTether 1.4 and Novacom, and the Palm WebOS SDK and everytime I get to the part where I use USBnet as the driver for the USB network device, it gives me that same "location does not contian information for your device" error. Do I need to root the phone first and log into it over telnet or something?

    Help me Obi-Wan-Kanobi...
  15. #15  
    sweet thanks
  16. #16  
    so does mytether work with sprint pixie for wifi connection?
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by nosduj View Post
    You need to download and install a new file from the website to be compatible with the 1.4 update. Im running it on my pre and my wifes pixi with great success.
    How do I download my tether and out it on my pixi ?
  18. #18  
    I just become a sprint customer and wanted to tether my pixi but was wondering if sprint allows it. I'm on the unlimited family plan. Is it okay with this plan?
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by KingArthur72076 View Post
    I just become a sprint customer and wanted to tether my pixi but was wondering if sprint allows it. I'm on the unlimited family plan. Is it okay with this plan?
    Yes, but make sure you read the fineprint on your "unlimited" plan.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by somejuan33 View Post
    HELP - I have been trying for SO LONG to get USBnet working. I have installed the MyTether 1.4 and Novacom, and the Palm WebOS SDK and everytime I get to the part where I use USBnet as the driver for the USB network device, it gives me that same "location does not contian information for your device" error. Do I need to root the phone first and log into it over telnet or something?

    Help me Obi-Wan-Kanobi...

    If it's any consolation Juan, iLm having the same issue. Got my tether installed on wifes pixi, but can't get XP to accept the drivers. I've tried it on XP PRO SP2 and SP3, same on both "this location does not contain any information for your device." i've tried usbnet-pre.inf and linux.inf to no avail.

    any suggestions anyone?

    BTW, webOs 1.4.1.1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions