Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi, everyone - I have a Palm Pixi, and love it. The only thing that I wish it had was slightly better battery life. I e-mailed Mugen customer support, and asked whether or not they had a 2600 mAh battery planned for the Pixi. One of their customer service representatives replied, saying that if there's enough interest, they will work on it. He also suggested posting a thread on a Pixi forum and seeing if there's any demand for such a product. So, if you're a Pixi owner, and you want a 2600 mAh battery, post here, and show that there's a need for one.
    Thank you Omnimaxus!

We have HLI-PRESL 1400mAh battery now, which should work with Pixi, and also 2800mAh and 3800mAh version for Pre only, but if interest is big enough we will produce back covers for Pixi too. Please post your interest here.

www.mugen-power-batteries.com
    - Premium Extended Batteries for Mobile Devices.

New Batteries for Pre3 now available: http://www.mugen-power-batteries.com/hp/hp-pre-3.html

Join us on Facebook and get a discount coupon! Join Now!
    Sign me up...
    Would the extended back covers be Touchstone-compatible?
    It will be just a simple cover, without touchstone functionality.

New Batteries for Pre3 now available: http://www.mugen-power-batteries.com/hp/hp-pre-3.html

MugenPower - whats required to make a touchstone enabled backplate? Is that a big deal?
    The interest is too small - this would make the cover very expensive, I just checked that teh total sales of PREML and PREXL batteries (2800mAh and 3800mAh versions for Palm Pre) was apprx 2% of PRESL sales - so 98% of people preferred PRESL battery - which is same size as original - and also can be used with touchstone compatible cover supplied by Palm. Actually You can check this topic about the 1400mAh battery opinions - for most people this battery was enough.

What kind of battery increase would we see with the HLI-PRESL 1400mAh battery? And 2600mAh?
    Quote Originally Posted by MugenPower View Post
    The interest is too small - this would make the cover very expensive, I just checked that teh total sales of PREML and PREXL batteries (2800mAh and 3800mAh versions for Palm Pre) was apprx 2% of PRESL sales - so 98% of people preferred PRESL battery - which is same size as original - and also can be used with touchstone compatible cover supplied by Palm. Actually You can check this topic about the 1400mAh battery opinions - for most people this battery was enough.
    The reason I ordered the 1400, not a larger one was because ther was no touchstone back cover for them. A lot of people like me use and love their TS chargers at home and in their car and are not willing to give them up. BYW, very happy with the 1400, ordered 2 more for my kids.
    Global Posts
    887 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    The reason I ordered the 1400, not a larger one was because ther was no touchstone back cover for them. A lot of people like me use and love their TS chargers at home and in their car and are not willing to give them up. BYW, very happy with the 1400, ordered 2 more for my kids.
    I agree 100%...you're confusing cause and effect.

I've got a couple of the 1400 mAh batteries for my Pre...and the ONLY reason I didn't order the higher-capacity batteries is that they would render my THREE $70.00 touchstone chargers worthless.

I need higher-capacity batteries, but I'm not willing to give up my Touchstones to get it.

And I know I'm not alone.
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Habious View Post
    You're right, there's at least two of you .
    You're invited to follow me on Twitter
  12.    #12  
    As a "FYI" to everyone - I checked with Amzer, and they said they'd have a 2600 mAh battery available for the Palm Pixi in a couple of weeks. No information on pricing was available. So be sure to keep checking Amzer's website to nab one of these babies. Of course, I'd rather that Seidio or Mugen produce such a battery, but ... To the victor goes the spoils.
    I would like one!
    Quote Originally Posted by Habious View Post

Quote Originally Posted by laze View Post
    +1 more!
    Global Posts
    887 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by laze View Post
    I know you were making a joke...and a fairly funny one at that...

But here are some quotes from the 2600 mAh Seidio thread...

Quote Originally Posted by gjhdvm View Post
    The first one (Seidio or Amzer) with a touchstone compatible back & spring clip holster wins.
    Quote Originally Posted by gjhdvm View Post
    The first one (Seidio or Amzer) with a touchstone compatible back & spring clip holster wins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brianzedge View Post
    +1
    Agreed!
    Quote Originally Posted by smithwicks View Post
    If it's touchstone compatible I'll pay it
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    I am willing to pay $70-80 for a double runtime battery with a Touchstone compatible back.
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    Seidio, we need details....! Do you have a Touchstone-compatible back to go with it?
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfire View Post
    Looks like the best bet at this point is to just get a screen protector and wait for the folks at Seidio to come out with their compatible touchstone back...
    Quote Originally Posted by sothrowd08 View Post
    I would be very disappointed if it is no touchstone compatible.
    Quote Originally Posted by gabbott View Post
    I'd be interested in this battery IF there is a chance it can be touchstone compatible and the design of the battery door isn't just a hump where the battery is.
    Keep the good news coming (Touchstone-compatible back)!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    When it gets to touchstone compatible, I'm there.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimlynch11 View Post
    Is a Touchstone compatible battery cover in the works? This is a definite blocker for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimlynch11 View Post
    Is a Touchstone compatible battery cover in the works? This is a definite blocker for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by nullity View Post
    Same here... ) :
    Quote Originally Posted by Sambo41 View Post
    I would like the best of both worlds. The Seidio 2600 extended battery AND be able to charge using the touchstone. I'm waiting until Seidio comes out with a compatible battery door for use with the touchstone.
    Nice Seidio! Now give me one with the Touchstone compatability and I am good!

I will probably order one when released for the wife who desperately needs more juice, and order mine when the Touchstone back is ready.
    Quote Originally Posted by ssrjazz View Post
    Looks good to me. Can't wait to buy this, provided it's touchstone compatible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cactusone View Post
    Just wondering why you decided not to make the back cover compatible with the Touchstone charger? Many Precentral folks, including myself are disappointed.

I have purchased extended batteries from Seidio for all my palm devices, until now
    I had $64 bucks ready to be sent to you..Any future plans?

These quotes were pulled from only the first 10 pages of a 34 page thread about the Seidio 2600 mAh battery.

Amzer...Mugen...Seidio...are you listening? Because we're all talking.
    I just ordered one for one of the HLI-PRESL 1400mah batteries for the Pixi. I will let everyone know if it fits and what kind of life I get out of it.

I must say, I read 18 pages of information on the battery hosted here. Looks solid to me.

Thanks,

Rob
    no way as i hate the huge back covers. i love the thinness of the pixi.
    Just curious, has anyone ordered abattery from these guys in a while? I ordered one on the 8th and still haven't seen it. I guess it might be taking the slow boat from China.
    Is the Mugen 1400 compatible with the Pixi? No info on their website
    Thank you Omnimaxus!

We have HLI-PRESL 1400mAh battery now, which should work with Pixi, and also 2800mAh and 3800mAh version for Pre only, but if interest is big enough we will produce back covers for Pixi too. Please post your interest here.
    I hope it is compatible. I purchased one based on the information above. I guess if it isn't, we should know soon when the battery shows up.

Rob
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast