1.    #1  
    Hi everyone. I had a Pixi on 1.3.1 which was usable but slow. I saw a major improvement with 1.3.2 on the pixi. I returned it because of some issues with sprint, and got a new one a few days ago. It now has 1.3.5 and the battery is awful, the performance i feel is worse than 1.3.1, my question: could this be my device is defective? Is anyone who went from .1 to .2 and now .5 experiencing these issues?

Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    I've had my Pixi since they first released it and I now have 1.3.5 installed. It seems to work pretty snappy for me. Then again, I only have a few apps loaded and seem to have a good deal of free memory/space. I also top off the charge on my battery whenever I can (at the office or in my car).
    cohoman

Palm Apps:

jVault and jChecklist
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    I agree, Pixi has been slow and freezing since 1.3.5. I have WebOs Doctored and still having issues.
    as far as battery life and speed goes, you have to give it a few days for everything to be rewritten and settle in.

multiple crashes and freezes, however, are most likely due to improper patching or faulty hardware.
    I've only had mine for a few weeks now, but have noticed that it has been acting a little weird the past few days. Most of the things seem to be with the phone app not dialing or hanging up right away. Other odd things since 1.3.5 are random "taps" on the screen even though my fingers are on the keyboard and no where near the touch screen.
    I have noticed significantly improved battery life and my phone was noticeably quicker with 1.3.5. I did how ever get too many card open message when tring to open a link in my email today, my email was the only card open...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    My palm history-
    Palm OS: Handspring visor, sony clie
    Palm LifeDrive
    Palm Pre(wifes)
    Palm Pixi (mine)
    the new update really sped up my pixi and the battery life is awesum now. i will admit 1.3.5 does have some bugs that i hope palm fixes soon.
    Yeah, it does seem to have been showing slowness lately, but overall much better after the update. I can't wait for the next update, hopefully it will fine tune all the little bugs. I love my pixi, just wish the screen was larger. I think they could have kept the same size phone and fit a larger screen.
    My palm history-
    Palm LifeDrive
    Palm Pre(wifes)
    Palm Pixi (mine)
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Applied the "Emergency Migration Helper" from Preware which solved the freezing/laggy issue.
    What does that do?

I want to install preware, I just haven't done it yet, is it hard to do? Is it pretty cool?
    My palm history-
    Palm LifeDrive
    Palm Pre(wifes)
    Palm Pixi (mine)
    Quote Originally Posted by ace028 View Post
    Yeah, it does seem to have been showing slowness lately, but overall much better after the update. I can't wait for the next update, hopefully it will fine tune all the little bugs. I love my pixi, just wish the screen was larger. I think they could have kept the same size phone and fit a larger screen.
    it needs a bigger screen and a micro sd slot for expansion.
    I still like it alot though, I wish we had some good apps for it though, the sprint nav SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't know how many times it told me to turn the wrong way, then after I turn it says "rerouting.... make a U turn" and sometimes it tells you about a mile from your turn to turn the wrong way, then when you get to the turn it tells you the correct way, it needs fixing.
    My palm history-
    Palm LifeDrive
    Palm Pre(wifes)
    Palm Pixi (mine)
    Quote Originally Posted by ace028 View Post
    I still like it alot though, I wish we had some good apps for it though, the sprint nav SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't know how many times it told me to turn the wrong way, then after I turn it says "rerouting.... make a U turn" and sometimes it tells you about a mile from your turn to turn the wrong way, then when you get to the turn it tells you the correct way, it needs fixing.
    palm needs to release the source code to developers so we can make more custom apps and such. we have come along way but no where near winmo or android. it's a shame these webos phones didn't really take off like they thought, i love the pixi so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    the new update really sped up my pixi and the battery life is awesum now. i will admit 1.3.5 does have some bugs that i hope palm fixes soon.
    Where did you get that wallpaper?
    since the 1.3.5 my pixi has had problems with applications every time I go to download an app a notification pops up saying I have to restart the phone and that the app failed to download and the applications are still not working even though I restarted my phone about 5 times. I also noticed when I did a universal search google showed no results but that was fixed with a restart of the phone. Other than that there has been a little lag when opening more cards but not as worse as before the 1.3.5 update.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theespacekelso View Post
    since the 1.3.5 my pixi has had problems with applications every time I go to download an app a notification pops up saying I have to restart the phone and that the app failed to download and the applications are still not working even though I restarted my phone about 5 times. I also noticed when I did a universal search google showed no results but that was fixed with a restart of the phone. Other than that there has been a little lag when opening more cards but not as worse as before the 1.3.5 update.
    yeah I've got the same problems with my phone after the 1.3.5 update, I've also got the message saying that this app is not avail. In your country. I'm in america.
    any help if you find out would be appreciated