Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    anyone else getting this? My wife had not gotten this message before the update, and now gets it several times a day--sometimes with not a single card open...It is getting a tad annoying. Any suggestions? Otherwise, she is loving the pixi!
    now that I see this post I don't recall getting it once since I updated to 1.3.5.
    Only saw it a couple times prior to 1.3.5 and haven't seen it since. Not sure what she should do to fix it, nor what you have already tried, but have you all tried restarting the phone? If you have and it's not fixed I'd suggest removing and reinstalling the update (even though that can be a pain). Hope someone else has a less drastic suggestion for you.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    I never got it before the update to 1.3.5 but have gotten it since a few times. the funnt thing is that when it did happen there was only one card open.
    I was getting it before 1.3.5 and there was a code,patch or something that I used to move the programs over to the USB section of the phone memory. With the new update Palm has made it so that all (most) new apps go into the larger section so you don't need to move anything. But I wounder if your wife was just on the edge before 1.3.5 update and something in the update went into that smaller area and is now causing the issue at hand. I have done several searches for the code or patch and have not found it yet for you. I wounder if the old apps are not in the new memory area and if you run the patch it will clear things up.
    If anyone remembers what I am talking about can you post a link to it. If I find it I will do the same.

Update: one of the two programs involved was mvapp The other one is fair dinkum - found by 063 xobx in this thread post #7
    Last edited by Finally Pre; 01/02/2010 at 05:26 PM.
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Prior to 1.3.5 I would get the "too many cards" error every day. My battery life stunk too (30% in 20 minutes). Since upgrading to WebOS version 1.3.5, I haven't seen a single "too many cards" error and I can usually go a whole day before a recharge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    I was getting it before 1.3.5 and there was a code,patch or something that I used to move the progams over to the USB section of the phone memory. With the new update Palm has made it so that all (most) new apps go into the larger section so you don't need to move anything. But I wounder if your wife was just on the edge before 1.3.5 update and something in the update went into that smaller area and is now causing the issue at hand. I have done severl earch for the code or patch and have not found it yet for you. I woulnder if the ols apps are not in the new memory area and if you run the patch it will clear things up.
    If anyone remmember what I am talking about can you post a link to it. If I find it I will do the same.
    you mean the fair dinkum app limit patch?
    i have had this problem also before the update at least once a day now yesterday for the first time after the update only had my phone card open during a call and got the too many cards open then phone froze up and had to reboot I have a virgin pre nothing ever doctored patched or hacked. have had phone since oct 1.
    I've only had the error once since the update. Before, it was a daily occurrence.
    Since the update, I haven't seen it, but the most I've had open so far was 5 or so cards. And, after getting my device, i went straight to 1.3.5. You could try to Doc it?
    LG Rumor -> HTC Touch -> Palm Pixi -> Palm Pre+ (if they ever bring it to Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    you mean the fair dinkum app limit patch?
    YES!!! that's it!! thanx.

Link here.
    I have had my Pixi now for two weeks and I recieved the same error once after the 1.3.5 update. What I did was cleared history, cookies and cache and the error has never returned. Open the browser, pull down the window, select preferences and the scroll down and push each button. Done..
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dusty78 View Post
    I never got it before the update to 1.3.5 but have gotten it since a few times. the funnt thing is that when it did happen there was only one card open.
    x2. I never got with 1.3.2. Now I get the error message quite frequently!
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    I was getting it a couple of times a day before, now I haven't seen it since the update.
    i think palm needs to push another update fix asap. too many issues with 1.3.5
    OK, this is a bit ridiculous. I too have been getting the 'too many cards' message, but since the update seemed to fix a number of other problems I had, I didn't let it bother me. Until now. I am getting the message with _zero_ cards open. !!!. I did just close DrPodder, in which I listened to a 75 minute podcast, but closed is closed, right? There must be some caching issue or something with 1.3.5.
    I had this issue prior to the latest update(s). Especially with any music or nav type programs on (sprint nav, or google maps). A reboot usually fixes it. Once I close memory intensive programs, I'll typically to a reboot.
    Yes, I get it all the time. Especially if I have an app like the Web open for a long time as a card. I have to close all my apps and then it still shows up. I end up restarting my phone. Its like it caching or increasing the memory for some reason.
    I get this aswell quite often. I may have one card open and still get it.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    The fun part is when you get the error and have no cards open. Then think, "Hey, I'm gonna reboot the phone" Click on Device info to reset the phone and get "Too Many Cards"

What a joke!!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast