1.    #1  
    Just got my wife a Pixi for her BD

It will not download apps from the app store

Did the update

Did the restart

Help

tks
    Willfulone
    What do you mean it wont update? Did you have any homebrew on it? Patches? if you did make sure that you run Emergency Migration Helper from either preware or Quickinstall. In Preware, go to List Everything and do a search.
    just got one for myself last night. Same issue here mine won't download apps either.
    Did either of you install HomeBrew apps?
    nope..mine is new out of box..first thing i did was update to 1.3.5. Chatted online with palm they had me send log files...we shall see..said mine was the first problem they've seen..
    just got a new PIXI also and it will not download apps from the catalog. did full reset and its doing the same thing. everytime i click download it just does nothing
    guessing this must be isolated?
    If its a brand new phone, i would just try doing a webdoctor to bring it up to 1.3.5 and see what happens with the app catalog.
    Im having a hard time beliving the doctor will resolve this issue with the above mentioned.. Could be a momentary bandwidth issue on palm's end. Had this issue before with my pre and next day all was working fine, most I did to resolve was restart.
    Quote Originally Posted by FesterTreo View Post
    If its a brand new phone, i would just try doing a webdoctor to bring it up to 1.3.5 and see what happens with the app catalog.
    This did the trick for me. Thanks
    Last edited by bigblue4ever; 12/30/2009 at 08:40 PM. Reason: typo
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue4ever View Post
    This did the trick for me. Thanks
    I just got mine last night new out of the box it downloaded the update. It won't download any apps.
    Same here. Two new Pixis. Both with same problem.
    Just bought my wife a Pixi today...same problem. Wont download apps. Press the download button, and it just flashes "download for free", then nothing. Please anyone, what is a fix?
    Same deal here. Bought a pixi last night, set up email and such, and this morning got the software update. I don't know if the app store worked before the software update, as I didn't try it, but it's not working now. If I click the download link, the image briefly changes to the "downloading" link that you can use to stop downloads with, and then goes right back to download.

I noticed in the update description that there were changes to the app store enabling background downloading and multiple downloads, but the data light doesn't flash to indicate any activity. My wife was able to download identical apps using her Pre while sitting a few feet away from me - so it's not a signal problem.
    It's particularly neat that one of the suggestions on Palm's "pixi" knowledge base indicates that I should try to turn on wi-fi. They sure put a lot of work into making the site accurate...

kb.palm.com/wps/portal/kb/na/pixi/pixi/sprint/solutions/article/44113_en.html
    Can you guys check your time zone setting? You might be getting flagged as being in the UK
    Quote Originally Posted by FesterTreo View Post
    Can you guys check your time zone setting? You might be getting flagged as being in the UK
    I initially had location service turned off, but it's back on now (thinking the same way) with no effect.

I'm currently set to "network time" and "network time zone". When I went to manual, it had me correctly in CST, but "Regina, Canada" CST. *Man* it takes a long time to scroll to "USA, Chicago"...

And that didn't fix it either.

I've got a helpful woman at Sprint's technical support ("Theresa") trying to replicate the problem now; she's supposedly going to do more research and call me back.
    I have the same problem. Anyone from Palm to comment? I think its a 1.3.5 issue. First day I got my pixi it was still on 1.3.1, and I download approx 10 apps with no issues. Next day I got the update, updated the phone with no problem and now cannot download apps. Same problem everyone else is having..

Palm..?
    Same problem here.

Bought the Pixi for my wife a few hours ago and updated to 1.35. It wouldn't install any apps from the App Catalog.

I reinstalled 1.35 from webOSDoc and now it installs apps from the App Catalog.
    me to got a pixie today for my daughter and all I did was do the update and no app downloads. Someone fix this please
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast