1.    #1  
    hey everyone I'm a Pre owner and love my phone but my cousin is ordering a Pixi. He lives in a semi-rural area of Texas and when I visited their family over Thanksgiving I noticed there is no 3G service. I know that webos 1.3.5 lets users download future updates over 2G. So my question is how would he go about updating from 1.3.2 (which his phone will most likely ship with) to 1.3.5 because there is no 3G and the Pixi doesn't have wifi. Plaease don't suggest webos doctor because he's not too tech savvy.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMarine03 View Post
    Plaease don't suggest webos doctor because he's not too tech savvy.
    In that case, tell him to drive somewhere with 3G, because that's the only other option.
    Treo 300 > Hitachi G1000 > PPC-6700 > PPC-6800 (Mogul) > PPC-6850 (Touch Pro) > Palm Pre & HTC EVO Optimus V
    WebOS doctor doesn't require him to be tech savvy, just plug the Pixi into the computer, download the Doctor and run it like anything else. However, 1.3.5's version of the Doctor isn't out yet so you'll have to wait on that.
  4.    #4  
    alright. Because when I went down to visit him, the only place in Texas I had 3G service was in Dallas. I swear that is like the ONLY place that has it.
    take it to the Sprint store, they should be able to upgrade it using webdoctor if he cant figure it out.
    After 1.3.5 you can, but other than that there's no luck.