Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    how do you take screen shots? sounds like a nice shortcut.

Is developer mode for pixi the same as the Pre, upup....
    Quote Originally Posted by bjs188 View Post
    how do you take screen shots? sounds like a nice shortcut.

Is developer mode for pixi the same as the Pre, upup....
    Option (orange on Pre, White square on Pixi) + Sym + P

If you press those 3, you get a screen shot. Check your photos to make sure you got the shot. There is no sound or notification to the screen shot.

Myke
    Opps, forgot the second part .... YES! The Konami code on the pre & Pixi gets you to developer mode.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I wish it only showed items that worked on the Pixi. I'm having a hard time finding good patches.
    Quote Originally Posted by nextboy88 View Post
    I wish it only showed items that worked on the Pixi. I'm having a hard time finding good patches.
    I agree, and according to SOME articles I have read, it is supposed to segregate for you.

I do not think this is a Preware issue though. I think this is a developer thing. I think that releasing a product and stating that it is for webOS sets things for both platforms.

There are things that do not show up for the Pixi because they are listed specifically for the Pre. You can MAKE them (Pre only software) show up on the Pixi by searching specifically for item that is listed for the Pre.

For Preware to truly segregate Pixi only, Pre only, and share webOS compatible programs, I think it would have to be a group effort (something that Preware can recognize in the programing, the description, or both, to tag the program for the proper platform(s)) Just speculating a little......

Myke
    Does Preware have periodic updates? I'm looking to make things simple...can't seem to find Preware on the Appstore. Or do I have to download it off the Precentral Website?
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister View Post
    Does Preware have periodic updates? I'm looking to make things simple...can't seem to find Preware on the Appstore. Or do I have to download it off the Precentral Website?
    Install Preware using these instructions: Application:Preware - WebOS Internals

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.
    thanks
    Double thanks. Of the two options, "Installing Preware with the standalone installer" looks to be the one with less headaches. To make things even more simple, looks like WebOS Doctor needs to be installed on one's device first.

For WebOS doctor, is the place to start?
    Palm - webOS Doctor for Palm Pre for Sprint
    I have quick start going and the apps come up but when I try to install preware it downloads then says it couldn't download, I want to get the preware on my phone instead of through usb and computer. I don't want to hook up and use developer everytime I want to get an app. I have a hard time explaining and don't know if this is where I should be trying to find out kind of new at this. I have the plam pixi plus and all the info I find doesn't look like my quick install. I can't find the Feed WebOs-Internals on the quick start.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12