Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Go to Updates and Update Now!

For those running homebrew, be sure to follow the guide to uninstalling your themes and patches prior to the update!
  2.    #2  
    Palm Support : Palm Pixi for Sprint - Software update information for Palm Pixi Sprint p120eww

webOS 1.3.5

Version information

• Version: webOS 1.3.5
    • Release date: 28 December 2009

New applications

NONE
    Feature changes to existing applications

App Catalog

• App Catalog significantly improves the application download experience.
    • A user can now download multiple applications simultaneously.
    • Downloads continue in the background if the user moves away from the download screen.
    • A user can manually pause, resume, and cancel downloads.
    • A user can also download all available updates for the user’s downloaded applications with a single tap.
    • App Catalog automatically resumes downloads in cases where a download was paused because it was interrupted—for example, if a user moves out of network coverage and then moves back into coverage.
    • Users can now take advantage of the full storage capacity of the phone for downloading applications. This gives the user more control over how to allocate the phone’s storage space across applications, music, photos, and other media. Downloaded applications are now stored on the phone’s USB drive.
    • App Catalog lists search results based on an improved search algorithm.
    • Locations from which users can purchase paid apps from App Catalog now include U.S. territories.

Calendar

• In Day view, switching between days happens more quickly.

Date & Time

• When the user has network time zone enabled, a city and country are no longer displayed.

Device Info

• A user can perform a full erase by pressing and holding Sym + the orange/Option key + power for 10 seconds.

Email

• A user can now edit forwarded text for all email account types.
    • When the user sets up more than one Yahoo! email account, the account names displayed in Account List view include the associated email address so that the user can distinguish them.
    • If an account mailbox is too full to send messages, after the user frees up space in the mailbox on the server, the user can send the messages successfully.

Messaging

• If a user deletes a conversation with a contact, new conversations with that contact are now correctly displayed in Conversations view.

Screen & Lock

• When the screen is locked, the time displays in a new font.

Sprint Navigation

• A user can launch Sprint Navigation from an address in an open contact entry in Contacts.

System

• Users can now take advantage of the full storage capacity of the phone for downloading applications. This gives the user more control over how to allocate the phone’s storage space across applications, music, photos, and other media. Downloaded applications are now stored on the phone’s USB drive.
    • This update improves battery life in areas of poor wireless network coverage.
    • If the user is working in an application that supports landscape mode (such as Web or Videos), notifications now appear at the bottom of the landscape screen.
    • After a user signs in to an existing Palm profile, applications the user installed from App Catalog are restored in the background. The user can use other features of the phone while the apps are being restored.
    • Swiping to delete a list item that contains a link no longer causes the link to open in the web browser.
    • This release includes improvements to help ensure consistent phone response to user actions, including times when the user is using multiple applications/features at the same time.

Updates

• After taking the 1.3.5 update, users can download future updates over a 2G (1xRTT , GPRS , EDGE ) data connection by opening Updates and tapping Download Now.

Web

• The web browser now supports the display of animated GIFs.
    • Audio files with a .3g2 extension play correctly as audio files, not video files.

Security

This release includes a security fix to the dev portal. Credit to Kris Siegal for reporting the issue.
    Individuals interested in contacting Palm to report suspected security issues can find more information at palm.com/security .
    Downloading, Its sad that I am so excited about this update. The download is taking forever! I hope it fixes more bugs then listed.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    My palm history-
    Palm OS: Handspring visor, sony clie
    Palm LifeDrive
    Palm Pre(wifes)
    Palm Pixi (mine)
    Quote Originally Posted by ace028 View Post
    Downloading, Its sad that I am so excited about this update. The download is taking forever! I hope it fixes more bugs then listed.
    this isn't a major update. i do agree the pixi does need alot of fixes and i hope it gets addressed because it is a damn nice phone.
    "This release includes improvements to help ensure consistent phone response to user actions, including times when the user is using multiple applications/features at the same time."

Is that legal speak for "Its faster, but don't call us if it isn't for you"?
    Quote Originally Posted by mistaox View Post
    "This release includes improvements to help ensure consistent phone response to user actions, including times when the user is using multiple applications/features at the same time."

Is that legal speak for "Its faster, but don't call us if it isn't for you"?
    That caught my eye as well.
    Ive read it twice while waiting for this download. Doesnt seem like much but Im glad things seem to be moving in the somewhat right direction.
    I dont notice anything to be honest.
    I've been playing with it for a half hour.
    Quote Originally Posted by reid-o View Post
    I dont notice anything to be honest.
    I've been playing with it for a half hour.
    I've noticed a difference. It's more responsive. Switching between apps is faster. Calendar takes the same amount of time to launch but it's faster switching between days. App list comes up faster. Browser orients itself faster. Less of a hiccup overall, things are a lot smoother. It's not a placebo effect since I am comparing it to a fresh install of 1.3.2 which I had just done in preparation for 1.3.5
    Good Job Palm now on to the next update
    Do we need someone (some brave soul) to test the pacthes to see if there are any nasty surprises?
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    ok finished updating.. i agree with lopezpm.. i noticed speed improvements between web browsing and "carding" (browsing multiple cards and going thru menus).. But speed improvements are not dramatic.. its fine tweaks imo.. responsive for sure but i still notice lags every so often.. just get the update and make your pixi better..

btw preware does not work anymore after the update.. please let me know if any one is having similar problems..
    Quote Originally Posted by jmpetersen View Post
    Do we need someone (some brave soul) to test the pacthes to see if there are any nasty surprises?
    how bout you do it urself?
    Been playing with it also. Nothing special but still progress. To tired to play with the patches tonight.
    I reinstalled all my patches and they all work good. I didn't install preware. I just installed everything using WebOS Quick Install.
    Preware stays on there right? Excuse me.. this is my first experience with Preware and OS updates.. I had a Pre on launch, but owned it for a week, never got a chance to get into this stuff like I am with the good ol' Pixi

I did delete my patches, and the phone restarted taking them off. app's are still on, ran EPR, so everything is okay now. I'm about 3/4 done of "Unpacking"
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    Preware stays on there right? Excuse me.. this is my first experience with Preware and OS updates.. I had a Pre on launch, but owned it for a week, never got a chance to get into this stuff like I am with the good ol' Pixi

I did delete my patches, and the phone restarted taking them off. app's are still on, ran EPR, so everything is okay now. I'm about 3/4 done of "Unpacking"
    My preware errors out after the update.

"OnFeeds Error - TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of undefined."
    From what I've read, you need to uninstall preware with WebOS Quick Install and reinstall it. It should work fine after that.
    My preware is working fine, although not all of the patches are working.
    Most of them however are.
    Unless I'm doing it wrong (girls tell me that all the time).
    Preware not working for me either. Getting "OnFeeds Error...TypeError:Cannot read property 'length' of undefined

jsut fyi since you asked....
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Ya same here.. Preware "TypeError: Cannor read property 'length' of undefined". Gonna try and delete/reinstall Preware with QuickInstall.
  20.    #20  
    Someone in the Pre forum mentioned reinstalling Preware and PMS via Quick Install after the update to get it working again.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast