1.    #1  
    i noticed there is no boot animation on the pixi like the pre so none of the custom boot screens will work properly. is there a fix for this or is this something that the pixie lacks?
  2.    #2  
    if none of you know what i mean, install the custom monster boot screen, the logo shows up but it does not glow as on the pre.
    It's my experience that the Pixi boots faster than the pre. This may be part of the reason.
    what's the glowing palm I get when I boot up my pixi? Is that not a boot up animation. I don't remember what the pre had.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by lopezpm View Post
    what's the glowing palm I get when I boot up my pixi? Is that not a boot up animation. I don't remember what the pre had.
    i see the palm but no glowing or animation on mine. i wonder if it's because of the slower processor maybe?
    It's there on my wife's. At first, it just shows the Palm logo as it boots. Then, after about 30 seconds or so (estimate, I didn't time it), it did the slowly pulsing Palm logo. This is the same as my Pre does.
  7.    #7  
    funny as mine doesn't? that's weird because none of the custom boot screens work, maybe because they are for the pre? anyways im returning my pixi tomorrow and getting into a new pre. i need to save some $$ and the pre to me is far better. "so far"
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    funny as mine doesn't? that's weird because none of the custom boot screens work, maybe because they are for the pre? ...
    I noticed that the default settings on the Pixi have the screen much dimmer. Probably if you brightened up the screen a bit, that would show the "glow".
    My wife's pixi has the same opening animation as my Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    It's there on my wife's. At first, it just shows the Palm logo as it boots. Then, after about 30 seconds or so (estimate, I didn't time it), it did the slowly pulsing Palm logo. This is the same as my Pre does.
    Nice estimate. I just timed, it's 30 seconds.
  11.    #11  
    someone install a custom boot theme like the monster M one and tell me if it glows with animation? it does not on my phone. if my phone is defective i want to exchange it.
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    someone install a custom boot theme like the monster M one and tell me if it glows with animation? it does not on my phone. if my phone is defective i want to exchange it.
    The Pixi has a boot animation. If the animations don't work on the Pixi it might because those themes you are trying are meant for the Pre. When you click on a theme look under "Supports" all of them say "Palm Pre". I don't think there are any made for the Pixi yet or atleast I haven't seen any under themes. I have installed some but haven't paid attention to the boot animation. I would try it again, but I have a clean WebOS to get ready for 1.3.5
    There is nothing wrong with your phone.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by lopezpm View Post
    The Pixi has a boot animation. If the animations don't work on the Pixi it might because those themes you are trying are meant for the Pre. When you click on a theme look under "Supports" all of them say "Palm Pre". I don't think there are any made for the Pixi yet or atleast I haven't seen any under themes. I have installed some but haven't paid attention to the boot animation. I would try it again, but I have a clean WebOS to get ready for 1.3.5
    There is nothing wrong with your phone.
    why is 1.3.5 coming tonight? your probably right about the themes.
    Boot animations work fine.

I installed a theme with a new boot animation and that also worked fine.

If you have put homebrew applications or new boot animations on your phone and it's not working, you will likely have to use web osdoctor to get your phone back to factory spec.