Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    I notice a lot of pixi threads today. Do you think that's because they were a popular christmas gift?
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    got one for my gf. she loves it!
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Yup, bought one for my son, he loves it and playing with the phone for a week, I was liking it too.
    Mom and both sisters got one, and really like it. It is all of their first smartphones. The guys at Best Buy sounded like it wasn't selling well there though...
    Got my wife one for Christmas (I have a Pre), and there were two other people in Best Buy buying Pixi's at the time. A young couple, and a woman buying for her college age daughter. $29 for a new contract at Best Buy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterj3033 View Post
    The guys at Best Buy sounded like it wasn't selling well there though...
    As someone who worked at a Best Buy (though admittedly not in the Wireless department) for a summer, years ago, I wouldn't doubt that they'd push another more expensive phone instead just because it makes their numbers look better.

So I wouldn't take their comments as evidence of it selling well or not.
    Also, most people go into the store to get their cellphone instead of going into Best Buy to purchase it. Then again, maybe people just don't like the name "Pixi."
    LG Rumor -> HTC Touch -> Palm Pixi -> Palm Pre+ (if they ever bring it to Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterj3033 View Post
    Mom and both sisters got one, and really like it. It is all of their first smartphones. The guys at Best Buy sounded like it wasn't selling well there though...
    that's because they are charging over $200 more than sprint is.
    I believe that Best Buy is offering it for 30 with a new contract, and 99 for an upgrade, how is that 200 more than sprint?
    LG Rumor -> HTC Touch -> Palm Pixi -> Palm Pre+ (if they ever bring it to Sprint)
    You mean for off contract? The guy there was nice enough to give all three to me for $29 even though they were the 3rd 4th and 5th phones on my family plan and shoulda been $99. I asked the guy if they came with the felt pouches like the Pre, and he said he had no idea since he had never actually opened one of them...thats what made me believe they werent sellign well at that particular store.
    Quote Originally Posted by kirk0625 View Post
    I believe that Best Buy is offering it for 30 with a new contract, and 99 for an upgrade, how is that 200 more than sprint?
    if you buy out right it is far more expensive than sprint. the pre is 749, the hero and moment are over 600 and the pixie is 579. i know as i went there yesterday.
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    if you buy out right it is far more expensive than sprint. the pre is 749, the hero and moment are over 600 and the pixie is 579. i know as i went there yesterday.
    IMHO its worth it just to wait. I never saw a reason to buy a mobile outright, even if you are excited about a device. At least when you wait, you get to ask the other owners about the problems they get, and you can get a hopefully updated one when its time to upgrade.
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    Sorry, the line of reasoning just dosen't follow. Yes, their marked retail price is higher, but few people (if any) buy cell phones from Best Buy out of contract. They price they way they do to discourage that.

Sprint's upgrade contract price is $99, after a mail in rebate. Best Buy's is $99 out the door.

Sprint's new contract price is $99, after a mail in rebate. Best Buy's is $29.

In addition, you can sometimes get BB give the "new" contract price for an upgrade.

No way are they selling poorly at Best Buy because "they are charging over $200 more than sprint is."
    Agreed, i think it is the fact that many people dont know that Best Buy offers their rebates right out the door. I didnt know until about a week ago when i asked a rep in a best buy mobile store.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    $26.99 out the door for a 4th line on my family plan. Best Buy price matched the online Walmart price. Took all of 5 minutes and I was out the door with my sons phone, couldnt be happier and my son loves his new phone.
    Was your son's line a new one, or an upgrade?
    I picked one up for my wife (I have a pre), she just got it late last night and is loving it so far.
    well im one of the ones who had to buy without an upgrade, my mistake as i payed a ton for it. im returning it tomorrow and i found a new pre on craigslist for $225. i wish sprint would allow us to upgrade more often. the prices they charge buying outright is ridiculous.
    Agreed, and at the rate they bring out new devices, we're stuck for at least a year staring at something we want and cannot get without incurring monstrous fees
    Quote Originally Posted by kirk0625 View Post
    Agreed, and at the rate they bring out new devices, we're stuck for at least a year staring at something we want and cannot get without incurring monstrous fees
    I don't know. This Premier thing is pretty awesome. Upgrade once per year. The rest of my family has to wait every two years, but that just makes me happier that I'm the one who jumped to Sprint first.

A new phone every year. Boy did they see us VZW customers coming from a mile away or what. Yes. Even I can wait 6 more months. That's why I'm hoping that the new Pre or 2nd generation Web)S comes out in May 2010 or even June.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast