Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    I want to show my wife the tutorial that comes up when you first boot the PRE or PIXI I can't find it....
    Grace & Peace,

utey
    Quote Originally Posted by utey View Post
    I want to show my wife the tutorial that comes up when you first boot the PRE or PIXI I can't find it....
    Its in the video app
    Hello,

sorry for replying to the very old thread... but did someone eventually find out how to get to the intro that is shown the first time?
    The video in the video app shows just the intro video clip, but i think we are talking about the intro "learning program" that teaches how to swipe back etc...
    I went through the help app, but didnt find it anyhere...

greetings
    s
    in your saved videos
    Yes just open up your video app and play it
    The name of the video is Palm Pre.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    argh, i am sorry, what i wrote did mean two things in one )

What i am looking for is not the intro Video, but the Tutorial where it teaches how to basically use the device. it features showing the "back" gesture and making you repeat it for example. its not the video that i found in the video app, too, its really a kind of program.

i went into INternalz ans found that maybe it is this: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.firstuse
    This includes also the video, but additionally lots of html resources.
    But i dont know how to start this

greetings
    s
    Quote Originally Posted by dasammy View Post
    argh, i am sorry, what i wrote did mean two things in one )

What i am looking for is not the intro Video, but the Tutorial where it teaches how to basically use the device. it features showing the "back" gesture and making you repeat it for example. its not the video that i found in the video app, too, its really a kind of program.

i went into INternalz ans found that maybe it is this: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.firstuse
    This includes also the video, but additionally lots of html resources.
    But i dont know how to start this

greetings
    s
    O ok i am not sure about that one thats not really a video its more of a app that runs I will do some file digging and see what i can come up with

Edit i believe every time you make a new palm profile it will run So if you hard reset it and have her make a new Profile for palm then it should go on first run
    If you have preware installed, there is a patch that will enable you to show the first use app that goes through the tutorial the OP is talking about...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaurav View Post
    If you have preware installed, there is a patch that will enable you to show the first use app that goes through the tutorial the OP is talking about...
    What's the app? BTW your avatar rocks.
    Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pixi -> Pre -> Pixi -> Sprint Pixi Plus Hybrid -> Pre -> Epic 4G
    I've tried that and it just sat there at the blue cloud screen, never started the process YMMV
    You can also use the help app, which has several videos.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    @ dasammy

Try Sprint.com. If you go to shop>phones>Pre>interactive videos>tutorials. It has alot of info. It helped me when I got my Pre in June 09.
    Quote Originally Posted by lazslo11 View Post
    @ dasammy

Try Sprint.com. If you go to shop>phones>Pre>interactive videos>tutorials. It has alot of info. It helped me when I got my Pre in June 09.
    i did that just to learn how to cut and past lol that was the only thing that was giving me fits when i got my pre on launch day
    Wasnt there an app... in either the homebrew feeds or the official catalog that taught all the gestures and whatnot too?

<EDIT> Yeah... here it is...
    http://www.precentral.net/app-galler...-gesture-guide

Its in the web app gallery... I know you can download it through the preware web apps feed...
    Last edited by bluewanders; 08/01/2010 at 10:48 PM.