1.    #1  
    Has anyone else noticed their battery cover stretching?

Particularly around the on/off button and the bottom left corner it is no longer snug.
  2.    #2  
    I also have noticed that it is bowing out above the charger door.

You guys really need to check out your phones and see if you're having the same issue. I foresee Palm replacing A LOT of covers in the future.
    No problems here whatsoever. I got mine on launch and if anything it fits better now than when I first took it out of the box. At first there was a sittle bit of noise from what I assume was looseness at about an inch below the power button along the side. That is now gone and everything fits perfectly. Granted I'm not taking it of and on three times a day so that might work in my favor.

On a side note, let me just say that I think the back of the pixi is one of the most remarkable pieces I have seen in a long time. Sure, the connector cover can be a little hard to open at times, but I can easily forgive that with how flush and clean it closes. The one piece design makes for probably the cleanest, best looking phone back I have ever seen. No ugly doors, latches or seams. It incorporates three buttons and two speaker grills, covers 5 sides of the phone, is a double-shot mold and MAGNETS. Seriously, magnets!!!

The pixi is seriously a wonderful piece of hardware.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by misterpepper View Post
    No problems here whatsoever. I got mine on launch and if anything it fits better now than when I first took it out of the box. At first there was a sittle bit of noise from what I assume was looseness at about an inch below the power button along the side. That is now gone and everything fits perfectly. Granted I'm not taking it of and on three times a day so that might work in my favor.

On a side note, let me just say that I think the back of the pixi is one of the most remarkable pieces I have seen in a long time. Sure, the connector cover can be a little hard to open at times, but I can easily forgive that with how flush and clean it closes. The one piece design makes for probably the cleanest, best looking phone back I have ever seen. No ugly doors, latches or seams. It incorporates three buttons and two speaker grills, covers 5 sides of the phone, is a double-shot mold and MAGNETS. Seriously, magnets!!!

The pixi is seriously a wonderful piece of hardware.
    This is surprising, even my wife's piece above the battery door is bowing out.

The magnets for the battery door are actually part of the carriage of the phone.
    I realise the magnets are part of the phone and the back just has the little steel bar, but I can't get over how simple and wonderful the solution is. If palm had given just a little more gap for your fingernail and maybe a little undercut to the door itself so that your fingernail wouldn't slip I think it would be almost universally praised. (You can't ever win them all.) The only other improvement I could think of is to add some sort of raised bump so you could find it better in the dark, but then I'd almost rather have it smooth.
  6.    #6  
    I can't believe I'm the only one experiencing this and it's on BOTH phones.

When you take the cover off the rubber actually stays lifted off the edges of the inner casing.
    Surprisingly enough I think by and large the pixi's hardware is great. If you are having a problem take it back. It sounds like the rubber overmolding is seperating from the harder plastic inner part of the back cover, correct? Maybe there was a bad batch and you happened to get two of them. I'm sure if it is a problem Sprint or Palm will take care of you.
  8.    #8  
    I can literally see daylight through my phone and the rubber cover right above the battery door. It is completely stretched away from the battery cover body.

Today, on my wife's Pixi, the metal piece on the battery door totally came off. So now the battery door just hangs .

Why must you do this to me Palm! Just when I started getting faith.
  9.    #9  
    I ended up calling Palm support at 1.866.750.7256.

They are sending out replacement backs for both phones.

In the meantime we got Touchstones, so I will just have these for back up .
    Good to hear. I figured they would come through for you. I wonder what the problem was as I've had great luck with my pixi.

Sent you a pm