Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    and it's pretty sweet. there is a piece that can be removed by the charger port that I wasnt expecting but its not bad . I just thought it would be one piece but I guess everyone cant have a touchstone huh? I give it a 8 out of 10 though.
    you still need the charger port for data transfer, etc etc etc.
  3. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Post pictures please
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    The artiest series back covers are fail. Quality wasn't as I expected. It's differently going to wear out.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    cant post pictures of it with the phone on but i cant take pictures if it by itself.
  6. pjs
    I received mine yesterday too. Based on a quick inspection (giving it as a Christmas present) I am very impressed with the quality. The material is more solid than the black plastic back that comes with the pixi. The texture of it is nice and somewhat non-slip. It doesn't feel plasticy.

The usb port is covered by a separate piece which can be removed when the cover is off, but it is secure when the cover is on. It is hinged and secured by a magnet like the flap on the original pixi back. The hinge mechanism is much easier to use than the original pixi back infuriating flap thing. Ours will be used mainly with a touchstone but occasional charging in the car will be much easier with this new door.

Touchstone worked fine in the quick test that I did with it.

As far as the asthetics I think it looks great. I got the humingbird one and the colors and image look really nice.

$50 is kind of steep I know but I do think it will make a nice gift. Palm should crank out more of these and get the price down.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    yeah, 50 bucks is a bit, I think maybe if it came with a touchstone but even then.
    I am totally okay with paying this, seeing as how it was a gift I didnt have to but I would have! My mind works different than most though but I can also see others points of view. I see shiny and I must have. dont really care about the price.

the texture isnt what I thought it would be but it'snot bad IMO. it does seem like it could rub off but it hasnt in the slightest, though I've only had it for a few days now. also when I put mine on it seems like the camera hole is the tinyest bit off. nothing you would notice or not enough to have an ill effect.... just something I saw.
    For $19.95 (from PreCentral no less) I thought the standard black back cover was a much better deal than the limited number of artist series covers for $50. Hopefully they'll have more designs in the near future and a better price.