1.    #1  
    I know it's been mentioned as a problem on Pre's, but has anyone noticed an issue with a buzzing earpiece while on a phone call with the Pixi?

It is driving me insane, I think I'm going to have to ask them to replace it.
    Last edited by thatguy7; 12/14/2009 at 01:29 PM.
    As far as I've experienced, I've never had any problems with the Pre and an earpiece.

Have you attempted using a different earpiece or restarting the thing? If not it could be related to the Pixi, but a buzzing is usually a result of interference, while it could be something internal, it could simply be your headphone is just not insulated for interference and having problems.

If you mention what type of earpiece your using, one that came with the phone, a bluetooth you picked up somewhere, a name-brand, it might help encourage people to share their experiences with that device.

Also you can try asking someone who uses your carrier to make a call and try holding the pixi/earpiece near it and see if the experience is similar, in which case would mean your earphones just weren't designed for this kind of use, or there was something which weakened it during manufacturing.
    <<Thread Title Renamed>>

I don't know...
    I think if my phone was buzzing, it wouldn't be ear peace at all.
    Just call me Berd.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    As far as I've experienced, I've never had any problems with the Pre and an earpiece.

Have you attempted using a different earpiece or restarting the thing? If not it could be related to the Pixi, but a buzzing is usually a result of interference, while it could be something internal, it could simply be your headphone is just not insulated for interference and having problems.

If you mention what type of earpiece your using, one that came with the phone, a bluetooth you picked up somewhere, a name-brand, it might help encourage people to share their experiences with that device.

Also you can try asking someone who uses your carrier to make a call and try holding the pixi/earpiece near it and see if the experience is similar, in which case would mean your earphones just weren't designed for this kind of use, or there was something which weakened it during manufacturing.
    I guess I should have been more specific.

I am referring to the standard earpiece integrated with the phone, not a bluetooth earpiece.

Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    <<Thread Title Renamed>>

I don't know...
    I think if my phone was buzzing, it wouldn't be ear peace at all.
    Major brain fart, thanks for the fix, lol.
    Have that exact problem. Bought it off amazon so I just put insurance on the phone so I can swap it out at one of the sprint repair centers and hope for a better one. It is so annoying! I just hope they give me a new one. The speaker phone speaker sounds 10x clearer.
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy7 View Post
    I guess I should have been more specific.

I am referring to the standard earpiece integrated with the phone, not a bluetooth earpiece.
    Ok i'm confused now, an earpiece i take to mean headphones, head-jack, earphones, something along those lines. But integrated would lead me to believe your referring to the speaker... If it's the speaker than I can't think of any way to fix it and is either a interference issue do to some mistake in manufacturing, or a poor speaker.
    i get that buzzing on my wired earpiece, but it only happens when i call someone with at&t. go figure.
    Im sure the problem I have and he probably has is a bad ear speaker. You can hear something flapping around in there even on the lowest volume. Like its blown or something. If it is not as widespread as I thought then maybe Ill have good luck with trying another one.