Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    It turns out the $39 price is only for NEW service with Sprint... not for an eligible upgrade on an existing service. I even asked several times if the price was $39 and told "Yes".... did up the contract, signed the agreement, went to pay, and it came up $99... I walked.

W T F? An existing customer gets the crap deal? Yeah, I know, it's always like that. If I wanted to pay $99 for a Pixi, I would have went to the local Sprint Store.

Anyone handing out better deals for existing Sprint customers with eligible upgrades?
    Best Buy price matched me two new lines of service and two upgraded lines of service to WalMart and Wirefly's new line prices.

EDIT: your results may vary as I have mentioned this many times in here and some people have had success and others did not.
  3.    #3  
    Time to call BestBuy(s)... I have two within 30 minutes of me. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    I went to Best Buy and they refused to honor it. Mine was $99.
  5.    #5  
    Maybe I should write a letter to Radio Shack about how they tried to dupe me.
    Call Sprint. I did, acted irritated, and got my Pixi for free.
    Same happened to me but this is nothing new.

RS you do not have to do any mail in rebates so that is a plus.
    If I could upgrade my wife's Centro to a Pixi for 40 bucks I would buy it today.

I am really bummed about this. Sucks.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
  9.    #9  
    Well, I called Sprint today and spoke to someone named Dave with a distinct Indian accent.

Dave would not budge on the $99 price and kept telling me that they guarantee it will be a new phone and no hidden charges. I even laid it on thick about how RS tried to dupe me and how the Pre dropped $50 not even a month after I bought mine... no dice.

Have to try BestBuy tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrHeathenScum View Post
    Well, I called Sprint today and spoke to someone named Dave with a distinct Indian accent.
    haha, one time when I called I got a "Dave" and I have no doubt that I heard kids crying in the background.

good luck with Best Buy.
    It turns out the $39 price is only for NEW service with Sprint... not for an eligible upgrade on an existing service. I even asked several times if the price was $39 and told "Yes".... did up the contract, signed the agreement, went to pay, and it came up $99... I walked.

W T F? An existing customer gets the crap deal? Yeah, I know, it's always like that. If I wanted to pay $99 for a Pixi, I would have went to the local Sprint Store.

Anyone handing out better deals for existing Sprint customers with eligible upgrades?
    I feel awesome now. I snatched a Pixi for my dad for x-mas for $32-something with taxes.
  12.    #12  
    That's great... you want to share how you did this?
    Something wrong with paying $99?
    Yes. It's $60 more than $39.
    Working another 6 hours is gonna kill ya?
  16.    #16  
    I'm po' after spending $200 on my Pre, only to have the price drop by $50 barely a month later.... it's the principal.
    I'm po' after spending $200 on my Pre, only to have the price drop by $50 barely a month later.... it's the principal.
    What principal is that? Prices can't come down cause YOU bought a Pre?
    Quote Originally Posted by webosuser View Post
    What principal is that? Prices can't come down cause YOU bought a Pre?
    it's just irritating to know you can possibly save some money. ya know, kinda like how other carriers will be getting WiFi on the Pixi.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pi...ml#post2093316
  19.    #19  
    I'm attempting to circumvent the eternal "loyal customer gets it in the cornhole" stance that all carriers have.

Seriously, if a new customer can waltz in and pick up a Pixi for $40, why shouldn't the customer who has been with Sprint for over 7 years get a deal?
    Newer phones come along all the time....it's inevitable. $99 for what the Pixi can do is not a bad deal at all. I paid $99 for a Razr 2 years ago....and that phone's a piece of ****e. I think I'm gonna demand that $99 back from Sprint because the Pixi came out.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast