Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I was going to add a new line to my plan for my sister and pick it up from Amazon for $24.95 and once in my possession, port the Verizon # to it. I have a PRE myself and I tried to talk my sister out of the Pixi and go for the Samsung M900 but ultimately it's her choice.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    I opened a new line to get the pixi for free after a referral code using the walmart wirefly deal of 20 something, worth it to me since the contract for the line my pre is on is up in feb.
    [rant] Furthermore, I am so tired of people crying about the whole "the phone is cheaper than when I bought it" I paid full price for my Pre after the $75 upgrade discount on my line, I don't feel that I am entitled anything from sprint, high prices are what early adopters pay for the extra hands on and bragging rights. I've shelled out major money as an early adopter on several devices and I have never once had buyers remorse, I usually end up being a sr. member of the community. [/rant]
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    I opened a new line to get the pixi for free after a referral code using the walmart wirefly deal of 20 something, worth it to me since the contract for the line my pre is on is up in feb.
    [rant] Furthermore, I am so tired of people crying about the whole "the phone is cheaper than when I bought it" I paid full price for my Pre after the $75 upgrade discount on my line, I don't feel that I am entitled anything from sprint, high prices are what early adopters pay for the extra hands on and bragging rights. I've shelled out major money as an early adopter on several devices and I have never once had buyers remorse, I usually end up being a sr. member of the community. [/rant]
    Yeah current customers get screwed. My best friend has been a Sprint customer over 10 years, that's the longest time of anyone I've known to be with a single phone company, and I called for him to try and get the Pixi for free or even at a discount, they would not budge. I asked if they were prepared to let me "cancel my 10+ year service and switch to AT&T over this" they said yup. It's crap but the whole industry takes this attitude.
  5.    #25  
    No deal at Best Buy....
    Quote Originally Posted by webosuser View Post
    Newer phones come along all the time....it's inevitable. $99 for what the Pixi can do is not a bad deal at all. I paid $99 for a Razr 2 years ago....and that phone's a piece of ****e. I think I'm gonna demand that $99 back from Sprint because the Pixi came out.
    Very different scenario, he is trying to get the best price now. Now whine and cry 2 years later. Nothing wrong with trying to shop for the best deal.
    my friend picked up 3 pixis at 19.99 each today at a radioshack in the bronx.
    The tag was posted for $29 as a new and $99 as an upgrade otherwise they would have sold it to you at the $29 price. They should have know the price, but I'm sure it was posted. If you asked that question that many times, did you see the 99 price?
    I had great success with Radio Shack and adding two lines to my existing Palm Pre, here are the prices I got;

Palm Pixi @ $29.99 + tax - $30.00 service credit (so FREE!)

Samsung Moment @ $99.99 + tax - $50.00 service credit ($49.99)

The service credits are good till 12/20/09...

The pixi has a great form factor seems snappy and will be great for my mom.

CaliMark (Mark Reed)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12