Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    FCC Certification page for Verizon Pixi

According to the FCC, it has WiFi b/g and Bluetooth.
    Quote Originally Posted by SiniStereO View Post
    FCC Certification page for Verizon Pixi

According to the FCC, it has WiFi b/g and Bluetooth.
    verizon+pixi+wifi+advertising=good for all webOS users.

also, = a little envy
    There are four lights.
    im one of the people who personally doesn't think WiFi is a deal maker or breaker on these phones. BUT, what ticks me off is Palm was saying they COULDN'T put WiFi in the Pixi because of the form factor they were trying to achieve and retain.

so unless this is an entirely differently designed and/or bulkier phone, this is ridiculous.

it's nice of Palm to stick it to early adopters like that. liars.
    We don't know whether it was Sprint or Palm who made the decision about leaving WiFi out of the Pixi.
    Quote Originally Posted by dcoaster View Post
    We don't know whether it was Sprint or Palm who made the decision about leaving WiFi out of the Pixi.
    Palm straight up said it was due to the form factor that they didn't include it.

Sprint demands every phone to have WiFi next year.
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    Palm straight up said it was due to the form factor that they didn't include it.

Sprint demands every phone to have WiFi next year.

I never heard or read Palm say that. In fact, on the Engadget Show featuring Jon Rubinstein, he strongly hinted that Sprint requested that their Pixi not have WiFi. Sprint only has itself to blame.
    i wonder if the processor is any different.... wifi yes but afraid it will be still slow
    At first i was mad because i just got my Palm Pixi without WIFI. But now I'm excited because that means more people can join the webos family lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by sbono13 View Post
    I never heard or read Palm say that. In fact, on the Engadget Show featuring Jon Rubinstein, he strongly hinted that Sprint requested that their Pixi not have WiFi. Sprint only has itself to blame.
    ok, well i read and saw a video from Palm that explicitly said it was due to the form factor.

im not going back on forth on this since its a moot point at this point anyway.
    doesn't make sense for sprint to deny wifi...all of sprint's plans for the pixi require unlimited data, so they wouldn't get any extra fees/cash for preventing wifi...having a wifi phone would ease their data load on the network...the big question is whether the sprint pixi's will start having wifi in January??
    I've never had WiFi on my phone, so I'm not missing it with my current Sprint Pixi. Personally, I think it's good for Palm to have their smartphones spread out among other carriers, as it will help promote the use of WebOS.
    cohoman

Palm Apps:

jVault and jChecklist
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    ok, well i read and saw a video from Palm that explicitly said it was due to the form factor.

im not going back on forth on this since its a moot point at this point anyway.
    love to see that video....
    Sprint deleted wifi from Pixi to differentiate it from Pre. Verizon doesn't have Pre so had no reason to not put wifi in Pixi. You may not agree with Sprint's reasoning but there is logic to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by John P. Smith View Post
    Sprint deleted wifi from Pixi to differentiate it from Pre. Verizon doesn't have Pre so had no reason to not put wifi in Pixi. You may not agree with Sprint's reasoning but there is logic to it.
    Verizon said theyre getting the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    love to see that video....
    im not looking for it.....
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    I hope so. A Pixi with WIFI in a less petite form factor with a serious keyboard and bigger screen would be ultra-sweet. A phone like that on Verizon would be the perfect business road warrior phone.

This just makes too much sense.
    A Pixi with wifi is an interesting development, but I don't know that going to Verizon helps or hurts. Let's assume that Verizon is the best network. That would suggest that the phones they sell would be the most popular. Not so. Verizon has only recently started focusing on getting good phones. The iPhone is on AT&T, the nations most hated network. The iPhone is being sold as fast as Apple can make them despite the network. In the debate between desirable phone or great network, desirable phone wins every time.

If you put the Pixi, or the Pre for that matter, next to other great, possibly better phones, the Palm phone loses to the competitive offering much more so than when they are on Sprint. Now, imagine an iPhone on Verizon sitting next to the WebOS device. Game over. What I am saying is that on Sprint, Palm stands out and becomes an easier choice. On Verizon, I believe they get lost in the shuffle.
    Makes you wonder if the hardware has been there all along on the Sprint Pixi.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    A Pixi with wifi is an interesting development, but I don't know that going to Verizon helps or hurts. Let's assume that Verizon is the best network. That would suggest that the phones they sell would be the most popular. Not so. Verizon has only recently started focusing on getting good phones. The iPhone is on AT&T, the nations most hated network. The iPhone is being sold as fast as Apple can make them despite the network. In the debate between desirable phone or great network, desirable phone wins every time.

If you put the Pixi, or the Pre for that matter, next to other great, possibly better phones, the Palm phone loses to the competitive offering much more so than when they are on Sprint. Now, imagine an iPhone on Verizon sitting next to the WebOS device. Game over. What I am saying is that on Sprint, Palm stands out and becomes an easier choice. On Verizon, I believe they get lost in the shuffle.
    Actually I would debate that. From what I have read, the general consensus is that the Pre > every android phone except Droid, and there you have some debate. I got to play with a droid phone the other day and I have to say I hated typing on it. While android may have more apps, WebOS is the most intuitive OS out there, maybe being only slightly harder to use than the iPhone.

However, where Palm is going to make a huge splash is with the teenage girl market. The Pixi is perfect for them. It is a texting, emailing, websurfing, tweeting machine. There is no other smartphone out there that currently competes with it in this demographic at its current price point. Not to mention it is cute as hell.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast